E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Rearview mirror

08-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
topcat87
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F30

Rearview mirror

So i had my tint installed and i think they removed the rearview mirror for a "cleaner" install so as not have visible edges on the film

but afterwards i felt that my rearview mirror is extremely extremely tight. when i try to adjust it i have to use both hands for leverage and it feels like im gonna pull the whole windscreen out before the thing budges. shop says tight is good and is normal which is pure bs it wasant like that before.

it looks like a ball joint to me is it possible that such a joint can be damaged? or wat could be the cause?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

my rearview is very tight too. This is the way it should be. When I'm bumpin' some music I don't want the bass shaking or rattling the mirror!
      08-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat87 View Post
So i had my tint installed and i think they removed the rearview mirror for a "cleaner" install so as not have visible edges on the film

but afterwards i felt that my rearview mirror is extremely extremely tight. when i try to adjust it i have to use both hands for leverage and it feels like im gonna pull the whole windscreen out before the thing budges. shop says tight is good and is normal which is pure bs it wasant like that before.

it looks like a ball joint to me is it possible that such a joint can be damaged? or wat could be the cause?
If you need two hands to move it that's not good. It's a piece of plastic and you can break it. They need to fix it or pay for the dealer to fix it. It's neither good nor normal to have it that tight. I'm not sure how to loosen it though. It sounds like it's broken, in which case the window tint shop should replace it.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

There's a good chance that the dealer won't touch. Tinted windshields sre generally illegal without medical certificates and the dealer won't want to be liable.
Appreciate 0