E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Local dealership and their 'Attempt' to overcharge?

10-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
BimmerChuck
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Local dealership and their 'Attempt' to overcharge?

I'm nit entirely sure if this thread belongs here or not...regardless, a moderator will move it if so. Also not my plans on a first thread.

Bought an 07 328i about 3 weeks ago. Retro'd the alarm system and brought it in to the local dealer for programming. I have been lurking around this forum site since I purchased the car so I have done my research on many things including how much I would be paying for programming. I pick up the alarm and the parts guy introduces me to the service rep. We set up my appointment and the rep informs me it will be a 1 hour charge for programming. All sounds well because I had already done my research, even the parts department had already informed me of the 1 hour charge. The morning of the programming, the rep and the tech come find me on the lot to inform me that rep was wrong about the programming fee. now they want to charge me 3 hours labor and one of the reasons for this was because the programming could not take and/or could crash. Well then, I remember reading about some of this in the forums so I nicely tell the rep and tech that I did my research prior to this and saw nothing of someone being charged 3 hours for this especially because the programming could crash. The rep told me he understood that but still pushed the 3 hour charge. After a while of me stating that I shouldn't be being charged for a download crashing coming from Germany and so on, the rep got disgusted and told me he made the mistake on charge claiming the 1 hour was for the E46 so claimed he would charge me 1 hour and pay the tech 3. Car goes in.

1.5 hours later car is ready, great. Not really. I get home and start testing everything, should've done it all there but really wasn't thinking. Motion sensor doesn't work. On the phone with rep couple days ago about bluetooth all of a sudden not connecting, he tell me bring it in after I get off work and he will fix easily and free. No problem, I also show him while I am there that motion sensor is not working, Oh yeah, different rep. He sets me up with an appointment for this friday under the other rep. I asked, " I won't be charged for this right?". His reply was, "No"...(wait for it)..."Well, only if no programming has to be done. If they have to reprogram I would be charged for that.". I bit my tongue, but thought if the the tech tested the alarm after programming then he should've caught this.

So now I ask you, my future advice givers/assosiates/friends...anyone heard of this before?

Oh before someone asks the obvious, I tested the motion sensor by opening 1 window or the sunroof (setting alarm of course) and stuck my arm through, followed by my other arm and finally waving them around. Didn' set it off.

Thanks for listening (or reading as the case may be) to me rant about this.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
hamburglar
Gun For Hire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

Classic. i ran into crap like this with Acura. Call a GM and complain if they don't waive the charges for something they should've gotten right in the first place.
Appreciate 0