E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Audiotec-Fischer MATCH PP 82DSP 55 watts RMS x 8

10-09-2014, 02:52 AM   #45
mightycrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f31 320d black sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongway View Post
I'd recommend you not touch the phase of the speakers for now. You probably need to do a lot more reading on speaker phases before messing around with it, and knowing why you're getting the sound you're hearing.

First thing you need to do is time align your speakers properly.
There's a site that might help you get most of the way there.
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
That basically lets you input the measurements of your speaker distances, and it will auto calculate an approximate delay to start with for each speaker.

Problem with this though, is that I'm not sure how it would work with a passive crossover setup, since it will give different delays for each individual speaker, as well as the tweeter.

The other thing you can do is manually do the measuring and calculate the proper delays yourself.

Or, (I found this on diymobile's forums) you can time align via noise tracks and your ears...

That particular forum's link is here:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...your-ears.html

Once you get that down, you're probably 70% of the way there.
Really good tips here, I was also reading this one. Have you guys ever noticed any pop noise from speakers when adjusting time delay? I heard a huge pop noise from my left under seat speaker. Now I am so paranoid that I think my left speaker is not performing the same as before. Especially when comparing with the right one. It has lost little punch when playing heavy bass track.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #46
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

no, maybe a crackle or two... but not very loud...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #47
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

made some very quick time delay moves on one the other night and didn't hear anything unusual
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #48
DrRobert
Normal Person
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Garage List
2011 E90 335i  [0.00]
Thanks for the replies and advice! Its true I've spent a bundle on performance mods to make the car drive with supreme awesomeness, and the stereo upgrade will be the icing on the cake. Sounds like the majority agree that active fronts will allow him to tune it better, especially since I'm ditching the center channel but want to have a center presence. I'll try to talk him down on the price to run extra wires.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #49
Angelpat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post
Thanks for the replies and advice! Its true I've spent a bundle on performance mods to make the car drive with supreme awesomeness, and the stereo upgrade will be the icing on the cake. Sounds like the majority agree that active fronts will allow him to tune it better, especially since I'm ditching the center channel but want to have a center presence. I'll try to talk him down on the price to run extra wires.
In order to run the tweeters and mid range with active crossover, an additional pair of speaker cable have to be installed. Is there any way to insert the new cables into the plastic tube thought out the harness which linked together the door and the main body? Is there any way not going to drill any hole?
Any recommendation?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #50
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

I think Taibanl documented how he fished the wire through the tube in his build. Should be in the Audio sticky.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #51
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongway
I think Taibanl documented how he fished the wire through the tube in his build. Should be in the Audio sticky.
Or you can add pins to the existing door harness connection
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 11:31 PM   #52
Angelpat
Registered
Rep
Drives: 428i

Thanks Wongway and taibanl!

Just not sure the harness of the F32 is the same as the e90 so the is space for the new wires ifi thought
taibanl When you said add pins, would you please share a little bit more details
Tahnsk
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 10:35 AM   #53
ergoyo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Resurrecting old thread. I have a Audiotec-fischer MATCH PP 82dsp for sale in case anyone's interested. It's in the F90 classifieds.
Appreciate 0