E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW Xenon Coding (Condensed)

08-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #133
michbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 328XI

in the red circled areas below, are these the manual adjustment bolts?
Also, are the adaptive modules on the bottom of the headlights even needed in a halogen car if the adaptive functions won't work anyway?
thanks again
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #134
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Yes they're the adjusters.

And sorry i don't know, mine are non adaptive.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 06:40 AM   #135
lcassinelli
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

i tried this but no luck. I cant get it to retain any values that I change using BMW coding tool v2.5 daten 50.2 and ncs expert v4 on windows 7... reviving an old thread here
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 08:44 AM   #136
Robiovic
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
To keep the things simple, few principles;
1- Xenon and Halogen have most of the wirings common.
2- Xenon wiring will not harm halogen headlights, as if you revert back to halogen. (as far as you add the new wirings)
3- As you may already know that normal wiring will not harm xenon wiring.

So wiring for one will never harm.

The best thing is to add 2-3 wires, which will not harm the halogen headlights if you sell the car.

To that;
1- You need to add new earth wiring and connect it to current earth wiring. Part numbers are given on the forum already.
2- You need to add new wire for the shutter (pin 5) and connect it to pin 6.
3- Only applicable if you are going for LCI headlights and wants the side three leds to be on with your halo rings, then you add another wires to pin 7, and connect it to pin 1.

Benefit of doing this:
At any stage if you put the halogen headlights, they will work without the flaw, as they miss additional wires which we have added.

I hope its clear.
Hope you can help me with my question.

I have bi-xenon on pre lci car with turning lights.(adaptive)
I want to change from a Xenons projector to LED projector(NHK for example). I have a clear where to connect the solenoid for the High beam flap, it will be the same but the main Low beam power is where I have questions.
The ballast for HID is powered with a connector with 4 pins and I don't figure out what these wires are. Two of them are sure to power HID , positive and negative but what the other two?
I'm hoping to connect LED reflector("low beam") directly where HID ballast was powered (12V) but not sure if there is some kind of communication with MCU to know if the HID is working or so.
Regards.
Appreciate 0