E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > FBO 335i vs Tune-Only C63 RESULTS

Closed Thread

09-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #45
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 N54

Btw from a roll it only gets worse because the heavier car with a fatter powerband will have more of an advantage. less Weight helps you acc faster....once you get going HP takes over.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #46
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
St Pierre and Miquelon
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
Ok what octane was this on 94? You are probably seeing 13-14 psi of boost on map 5, and not accounting for the hot temps, i find it hard to believe you would stay side by side let alone beat a tuned C63.
say what? its up to you to believe it or not

OP, that's something nice to read, if you could race the C63 again and post up some videos later would be much better
      09-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #47
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Op well I'll say it like I mean it.

Good job!

I would not have been so kind as to let your mate have a rolling start. I'd have said no no no my friend it's a standing start and make him earn it (if he can)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #48
135i
Cobb Stage 2+/ICarbon/HPF/Stett
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggz View Post
So i finally got a chance to run against my buddy with a chipped c63

I was running full bolt ons, dci, jb4 map 5, with no meth

The weather was 25 degrees Celsius outside (77 Fahrenheit I believe) and it was decently humid.

Every run was from a roll as he said off a dig he would get smoked due to lack of traction. He wasn't joking as the car literally goes sideways off the line.

1st run: He gets the jump on me but I stay at his front door the entire run until we shut it down

2nd run: I get the jump this time and we are neck/neck the entire run and then he starts edging me slightly right before we shut it down

3rd run: I tried DS mode this time instead of M and got smoked lol

4th run: I got the jump and actually took it down...he was very impressed...however CEL came on (probably oil was too hot as it was past the middle), so we stopped after that

I was very happy with the results as I didn't get owned and I won a run....it was very close every run and my car wasn't cold as I was driving for about 30 min before we met up with no cooldown

Afterwards, he even stated with cold air temp he probably would've lost every run....or if I was spraying meth, it would've been completely different results.

To the "know it alls" who stated that I would get spanked without meth, well obviously you're wrong because even with warm temps, no meth, warm oil temps and some heatsoak, I still managed to keep up and even win one.

I think it's time to do a 1/4 and see what my baby is putting down
At the track I've seen a few C63's running at the track and they were trapping 115 tops. Good run!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #49
Royal Flush
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

How about you race your buddy again and take a video? Or go to the strip and take pictures of the times? I'm not saying I believe you or don't believe you, but that will end the discussion. The reason a lot of people are questioning you or not believing you is because you don't have actual proof. Some of the people that replied to you are people with some of the fastest 135i/335i around here, and they've shown proof. You need to respect that.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #50
merchomini
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Touareg VR6

Quote:
I'm done arguing...thanks for positive feedback and thanks for the negative feedback

I'm glad I didn't record the video because then I'd probably get "oh that video is CGI" comments lol
actually you should get a video.....if it is how u say it is then that would shut the haters up.......and a video would be easy to get.

Also would help your friend figure out whats wrong with his c63 or his driving techniques because you shouldnt have won.....

*note that im not saying u didnt win, im saying he should have, and that a video would prove theres truth to your story, and that your buddys c63 needs to get something fixed hahaha
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #51
merchomini
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Touareg VR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap135 View Post
Btw from a roll it only gets worse because the heavier car with a fatter powerband will have more of an advantage. less Weight helps you acc faster....once you get going HP takes over.
^^^^^ what he said
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #52
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Hey man, first off good job on the runs! Regardless of how or why you got the results you did, they are IMPRESSIVE!

I can see the reason why people got all worked up, but I mean that's no reason to doubt you, there are many factors which can come into play.
I've ran a tuned C63 with FBO+Meth and he out trapped me by 1mph only, but if the race were any longer he was going to fly right by me his only disadvantage was his launch and from a roll that advantage I have over him is taken away so I can see why people are getting worked up.... however just 2 weeks ago I personally witnessed a FBO 335i (no meth, 94 oct, no rear seats) take out a C63... not sure what the C63 had done though.

Anyways, good runs man, try getting them on video maybe... and even better get some METH! It'll give you an extra 30-50 whp which will make all the difference!

As a side note, I may be picking up a Vbox so if you wanna do some runs with your car to see what kind of times you are getting give me a shout!
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #53
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Hey man, first off good job on the runs! Regardless of how or why you got the results you did, they are IMPRESSIVE!

I can see the reason why people got all worked up, but I mean that's no reason to doubt you, there are many factors which can come into play.
I've ran a tuned C63 with FBO+Meth and he out trapped me by 1mph only, but if the race were any longer he was going to fly right by me his only disadvantage was his launch and from a roll that advantage I have over him is taken away so I can see why people are getting worked up.... however just 2 weeks ago I personally witnessed a FBO 335i (no meth, 94 oct, no rear seats) take out a C63... not sure what the C63 had done though.

Anyways, good runs man, try getting them on video maybe... and even better get some METH! It'll give you an extra 30-50 whp which will make all the difference!

As a side note, I may be picking up a Vbox so if you wanna do some runs with your car to see what kind of times you are getting give me a shout!
See, your outcomes and stories are believable. A FBO no meth 335i on autotune hanging with a car that traps 118-119 does not. If the c63 was stock in his story, then I'd believe it.
      09-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #54
triggz
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I'll get a passenger next time to record the video. I did lose a few runs and took one down so I'm definetly not claiming to be faster. I'm just saying what went down and obviously I had one good run.

Not every car runs the same which is why people have different timeslips with the same mods.

There is nothing wrong with that C63. The run on DS he put like 4-5 lengths on me.
I could've just had a good launch, and I'm sure if we didn't shut it down he wouldve ended up passing me.

It's a little upsetting that people need a video instead of just believing the truth. I just wanted to share my runs with you guys as a follow up to my original post, as I was pretty happy.

I still have a grin on my face, the fact a 335i can mess with some of the fastest out there makes me feel good. Believe me or not, I'm good either way. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 06:21 PM   #55
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:
I'll get a passenger next time to record the video. I did lose a few runs and took one down so I'm definetly not claiming to be faster. I'm just saying what went down and obviously I had one good run.

Not every car runs the same which is why people have different timeslips with the same mods.

There is nothing wrong with that C63. The run on DS he put like 4-5 lengths on me.
I could've just had a good launch, and I'm sure if we didn't shut it down he wouldve ended up passing me.

It's a little upsetting that people need a video instead of just believing the truth. I just wanted to share my runs with you guys as a follow up to my original post, as I was pretty happy.

I still have a grin on my face, the fact a 335i can mess with some of the fastest out there makes me feel good. Believe me or not, I'm good either way. Thanks
some of the fastest lol? its still a luxury sedan with a big v8, try a fast car (Z06); obviously I am kidding
      09-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #56
triggz
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
some of the fastest lol? its still a luxury sedan with a big v8, try a fast car (Z06); obviously I am kidding
Ya one badass luxury sedan. The exhaust was crazy loud
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 06:25 PM   #57
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

I got my ass handed to me once by a jeep srt-8. along with a base c6 vette and even a gtr!

Plenty of cars out there that we would get destroyed by.

Problem is, lesser cars aren't worth the trouble. 5.0, most evos and stis, the occasional neon, etc.
      09-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #58
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:

Dude, you have no reason to prove anything to anyone just be happy with your results! I'd be damn happy to hang with a tuned c63!!

Quote:
Ya one badass luxury sedan. The exhaust was crazy loud
You have no idea what I would pay to have an exhaust that made my car sound like that c63 haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
I got my ass handed to me once by a jeep srt-8. along with a base c6 vette and even a gtr!

Plenty of cars out there that we would get destroyed by.

Problem is, lesser cars aren't worth the trouble. 5.0, most evos and stis, the occasional neon, etc.
Yeah you see that's the thing, lesser cars are no fun to mess with, but when you mess with the big dogs and get a good result it's exciting and in this case the OP did just that.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #59
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
I'll get a passenger next time to record the video.
No no no, you dont want a passanger your buddy NEEDS a fat passanger to take the video.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #60
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i View Post
At the track I've seen a few C63's running at the track and they were trapping 115 tops. Good run!
but where you at the track?
      09-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #61
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

oh, and yes a properly tuned C63 should have pulled you good.

should, not did.

actually, you said 4-5 car lengths, thats a lot.
      09-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #62
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
oh, and yes a properly tuned C63 should have pulled you good.

should, not did.

actually, you said 4-5 car lengths, thats a lot.
actually 4-5 car lengths, I'd believe that.

I ran my buddy's tuned C63 when I was FBO pump gas on Procede at 13.5 psi and that sounds about right. I wasn't really pushing it because I was misfiring on Procede back then.
      09-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #63
135i
Cobb Stage 2+/ICarbon/HPF/Stett
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
but where you at the track?
Yes. Ran one several times too.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #64
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

You know what's funny, C63's get hurt by extreme heat more so than the N54. As hard as that is to believe.

This guy trapped 108 on his stock C63 when it was 85 degrees, but 115 when it was 55.
      09-26-2011, 10:21 PM   #65
D335NUTZ
The Blue Beast
China
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi in Montego Blue

People need to stop hating on the OP and hate on his friend who TOTALLY trolled him by letting him win...

Cobb AP Stage 2+ | BMS DCI | UR Catless DP | UR Chargepipe | Tial BV 50mm | BSH OCC | ETS FMIC | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | KWv1 Coilovers | Volk TE37 TC Kline Ed.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #66
triggz
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilazn View Post
People need to stop hating on the OP and hate on his friend who TOTALLY trolled him by letting him win...
Lol @ let me win

Would you ever let your friend beat you? I doubt it
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread