E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > got into a accident on the weekend

01-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

got into a accident on the weekend

hey guys,

I know this is a much talked about topic on here but just want to make sure that European Auto Body is doing great things as I read in past post.

I let my dad borrow the car over the weekend (it was easier on my mind to let him borrow my car than my sister... she borrowed his car and he borrowed mine lol...) and it was parked... the lady who hit the car appeared to be going a little to fast when she was trying to park and smashed the front of my car. I know I need to change the bumper and the driver headlight. car isn't drivable as the fender lining is right up to the wheel of the car. The insurance company insisted it go to Carstar in brampton but I can't find any reviews on them just ones in toronto, so I told them after the adjuster takes a look I want it sent over to the dealer's body shop, European auto body...

Having the hardest time to get a rental as well... two days later and I'm now getting a rental today...

Just a little joke for you guys... I got so angry yesterday, I asked the Person on the phone why I would have to wait until monday evening as I use the car for work and i'm completely inconvenienced and have to ask someone for a ride to work/go station to get downtown on monday.... her answer was.... "We don't have any BMW's available until monday..." I was just thinking wtf just give me a car i don't care to much what it is... I'm not the type to sit at home all day! so yes two days later and this evening they said they will pick me up from work downtown and drive me to the rental company for the paper work.

I guess I'm not having the greatest start to the new year.

But enough of my rant! Back to topic is European Auto body still a reputable shop in your books? Adjuster said they will call me this afternoon so need to decide asap
      01-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

The best. They are the only shop in the GTA area who uses same paint as BMW factories.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

From what I read and know the are one of the best on working on BMWs and other high-in cars.

When I had the second accident in my 335i 2008 the insurance company wanted me to take it to another body-shop, I told them that it is my right to take it to anyone I wanted (which was BUDD's body-shop), she got mad and then her supervisor interrupted the call and two minutes later she asked if I was going to get the rental car from the shop(BUDD's), and then she ended the call.

DONT LET THEM BULLY YOU!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
That really sucks man....

I had some insurance work done with them and was VERY impressed with the results. I had a chance to walk through the back and the work shop was full all the Ferrari 458 Challenge cars that got in a wreck following the honda indy weekend. If the shop is trusted to straighten out the aluminium chassis' of the cars from the Ferrari Challenge series, they must be pretty legit. The paint work they did on my car was flawless and matched the existing paint perfectly. I was dealing with Marco and was able to work out a full new Mtech body kit covered by the other persons insurance! Speak with him and you may be able to turn this crappy experience into something positive!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #5
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
From what I read and know the are one of the best on working on BMWs and other high-in cars.

When I had the second accident in my 335i 2008 the insurance company wanted me to take it to another body-shop, I told them that it is my right to take it to anyone I wanted (which was BUDD's body-shop), she got mad and then her supervisor interrupted the call and two minutes later she asked if I was going to get the rental car from the shop(BUDD's), and then she ended the call.

DONT LET THEM BULLY YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
That really sucks man....

I had some insurance work done with them and was VERY impressed with the results. I had a chance to walk through the back and the work shop was full all the Ferrari 458 Challenge cars that got in a wreck following the honda indy weekend. If the shop is trusted to straighten out the aluminium chassis' of the cars from the Ferrari Challenge series, they must be pretty legit. The paint work they did on my car was flawless and matched the existing paint perfectly. I was dealing with Marco and was able to work out a full new Mtech body kit covered by the other persons insurance! Speak with him and you may be able to turn this crappy experience into something positive!
Thanks guys!

I got notice that it will be going over to European auto today...

I have to call him... I'm getting a new bumper and new paint i wanted him to put the 3m protection on the bumper as well... since i lowered the car i get stone chips like no tomorrow.....

Here's a pic of the damage... still can't believe someone hit me this hard while trying to park. (wheel well was all smashed in right up to the tire)

01-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #6
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techy1 View Post
Thanks guys!

I got notice that it will be going over to European auto today...

I have to call him... I'm getting a new bumper and new paint i wanted him to put the 3m protection on the bumper as well... since i lowered the car i get stone chips like no tomorrow.....

Here's a pic of the damage... still can't believe someone hit me this hard while trying to park. (wheel well was all smashed in right up to the tire)

Damn that is like getting a black eye, while underestimating the puncher!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #7
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Damn that is like getting a black eye, while underestimating the puncher!
lol this one was more she was minding her own business and pow out of no where.
      01-08-2014, 11:19 AM   #8
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by techy1 View Post
lol this one was more she was minding her own business and pow out of no where.
LOL. I had a VERY similar accident. Woman makes a turn on to a small street and I guess tried to pass traffic so she broke the divider line and try to merge back into the lane and hit me in the exact same spot but was not as bas as yours. A bit of the bottom of the headlight broke off and corner of the bumper was badly scuffed/scratched and a damaged enough to see the fibres. Just got back the car and the work done was amazing.

This is the second time going to European Autobody. One thing I can say is that they don't try to beat around the bush and they're very clear and direct on what they're going to do and how they're going to do it. They have a clear understanding of what their business is and the type of service they're providing and what cars they're working with. As for loaners, I didn't even have to ask, they made sure they were able to provide another BMW. Some people care about the loaners they receive but I don't but the fact that they did this shows me how much they want to meet and surpass customer satisfaction.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 01-08-2014 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #9
e90mbition
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, E90

I had my gf's mini cooper repaired at EUROPEAN AUTOBODY after a hit and run, they are a 100% legit body shop and will do the job right, however on our mini, we noticed the hood was not really aligned on one side and didn't have time to go back to have them adjusted.

However Manuel is a very nice guy and he even offered to help me sand my freshly painted bumper which was painted at another body shop cause the shop didn't do it 100% and had little bit of dots poking out.

A+ for Manuel
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #10
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

After someone hit me from behind at a stop light, I'm so glad I installed a dashcam.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #11
adubey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I used Excellence Auto (Used by Parkview BMW and Downtown BMW) and they did an absolutely amazing job. I asked them to detail the car for me instead of helping me save on the deductible and it looked brand new. The guys there are great, really know what they are doing and only work on high end cars (BMW probably being the lowest end of their spectrum).

Best of luck!
      01-08-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

thanks for the input guys! got notice today they finally got the car...

something else to add on top of my story...

I've been calling the towing company since monday... they are located in erin which their storage yard is as well.... (place is called secure towing and storage)

on monday they said ok they will drop the car... Tuesday morning i call European and asked if everything went well... Mike told me no they didn't get anything... called the towing company and apparently they were snowed in and couldn't take any cars out... i couldn't help but laugh because isn't their main business to get people out of the snow and here they are stuck in the snow... I know the scam... keep the car for a few days and bill out the insurance company for storage...

Anyways the car is finally at the body shop and i assume they will start working on it tomorrow.