E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > My Plan and Tools for ABC Delete

03-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #23
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Perhaps vacuum check the mount. You would have to apply vac pressure to the port with a gage and see if it holds.

That said, I don't know how a un damaged one would measure either. That's a lot of labor down there. Might be best to replace the part. I recall that mount staying put when down pipe was going in except for that lower access plate being off. I had engine jacked up a few inches to clear the bracket off top of mount though. How about a picture of the cracked plastic please?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 09:20 AM   #24
locolobo
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d Barbera Red Metallic

Garage List
BB, maybe I didn't have to remove this part, but I did anyway. Following the instructions to remove the engine mount, I removed all the parts. I already superglued the crack, but you get the idea.
Attached Images

03-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #25
HeatherM35d
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5d and 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolobo
I got it out! Whew! What a pain I had the car on jack stands only about 14 inches off the floor and now I wish it were a few inches higher because once the DPF starts coming out, it hits the garage floor.

The hardest part was the engine mount screws that go into the block. And I discovered as others have said, you cannot skip removing the cable stay that bolts into the engine block. Wow, that is a very long bolt.

Everything I heed appears intact, a bit of scuffing to the cables aluminum shielding. I hope the sensor shielding isn't damaged. Is there a way to test?

Now there is a 2" long crack in the round base of the engine mount, the plastic part where the vacuum line goes in. I'm not sure how that happened or if it was already broken. What does this do? I was going to superglue it closed, but maybe I should replace the mount.

And now to drop the entire exhaust - any tips?

Can I reinstall the engine mount before the new DP gets here, or should I wait?

Thanks to everyone for the awesome tips that helped me get this done
Reinstall your engine mount.. If you don't plan on buying a new one.. Pipe fits right in..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 08:26 PM   #26
locolobo
Oil Burner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d Barbera Red Metallic

Garage List
I sealed the crack with superglue and then "Goop" on top of that. It holds vacuum, so I put it back in. In researching the part, a lot of parts with the same part number do not have the vacuum nipple. This includes ECS tuning. Now ready for my pipe and tune!
      03-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #27
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

I agree with Heather. Put mount and bracket back on while waiting for pipe to arrive.

Sort of confused about you saying the mounts come with and without a nipple. Ones without nipple might be different internally than your glued one. It could be fine and the plastic that is cracked is only a cover. You will know if there is a problem. Driver's side mount has vacuum applied too. I need to go research this
Appreciate 0