E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335i Auto gearbox issue

03-25-2016, 04:21 AM   #1
NRudy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

335i Auto gearbox issue

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has had issue with the auto 335i's non dct

The other day i was driving along in manual mode 6th gear and when i came to a stop i noticed the car had switched to D even thought the gearbox still had D/S selected. Usually it would stay in M until i switched it out of D/S but this time it didnt.

The next day driving in D/S i noticed when driving normally and they car changed gear the car seemed to drop the revs after the switch so it kind of changed in 2 stages as opposed to 1 smooth shift (d/s shift is harsher than a D change).

Could it be something to worry about? Or the car just having a moment?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
Calluhan
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 640D Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRudy View Post
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has had issue with the auto 335i's non dct

The other day i was driving along in manual mode 6th gear and when i came to a stop i noticed the car had switched to D even thought the gearbox still had D/S selected. Usually it would stay in M until i switched it out of D/S but this time it didnt.

The next day driving in D/S i noticed when driving normally and they car changed gear the car seemed to drop the revs after the switch so it kind of changed in 2 stages as opposed to 1 smooth shift (d/s shift is harsher than a D change).

Could it be something to worry about? Or the car just having a moment?
Could be a problem with the wiring chafing under the selector stick boot. Do a search on here for this well documented problem.

D/S shift should not be harsh. Have you noticed any leaking from your transmission?

Where are you? Happy to take a look and reset your gearbox adaptations for you.
Appreciate 0