E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Red Brake symbol + Red car on lift, need help!

04-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
330Raphi
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 2006

Red Brake symbol + Red car on lift, need help!

So I got this red "parking brake" symbol and a red car on a lift. It did not appear when I was driving but next morning when I took the car. From what I read it might be a broken brake sensor. My question is: if I change my sensor, will I need to change braking pads too? Give me your thoughts I need help. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Raphi View Post
So I got this red "parking brake" symbol and a red car on a lift. It did not appear when I was driving but next morning when I took the car. From what I read it might be a broken brake sensor. My question is: if I change my sensor, will I need to change braking pads too? Give me your thoughts I need help. Thanks!
well that just means you need to do maintenance.

inspect your brakes and if they are okay, replace the sensors if they are faulty. your car has 2, front and rear, one for each, front driver side and rear passenger *i think. simply unplug sensor with tweezers and push back on. follow the wire to the box and swap the connections.

Might as well do a brake service. search how to reset your maintenance light.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
330Raphi
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post

inspect your brakes and if they are okay, replace the sensors if they are faulty. your car has 2, front and rear, one for each, front driver side and rear passenger *i think. simply unplug sensor with tweezers and push back on. follow the wire to the box and swap the connections.

Perfect thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Philz BMW
Slow rollin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i koop

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post

I had the same symbol pop up. I had the rear brakes serviced in 2011 and front serviced in 2012, so I doubt it's the pads or rotors. Must be a faulty sensor.

Business: BMW 328i Coupe
Pleasure: Ducati 1098S
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

did they reset the CBS after you had the brakes serviced?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
330Raphi
Private
Canada
Rep

My mechanic checked my car and told me I needed both front and rear brake pads, rotors and of course the sensors.
Appreciate 0