E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Does your iPad do this?

01-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Happens on ipad2 and iphone4s for me

Think it's an ios5 issue
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #24
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

I'm still baffled to this day why Apple have such a great reputation when their devices don't actually work right.

Everything has to be fudged to work correctly.

Moved to Android a few months ago and the user experience is planets ahead.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
It would be handy if this forum were Tapatalk enabled rather than some half-assed app.
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #26
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
I'm still baffled to this day why Apple have such a great reputation when their devices don't actually work right.

Moved to Android a few months ago and the user experience is planets ahead.
All software has its quirks

IOS5 is Apple's new mobile operating system, only a month or 2 old with some bugs to fix.

Typically my Apple user experience has been very good. I do have one of their laptops, several iPhones, an iPad 2, apple tv and airport express.

I also subscribe to iTunes match and run iCloud and all of it really does work well in harmony. Apart from the safari issue on mobiles, i never have crashes and everything is seamlessly backed up and sync-ed across all my devices. The icing on the cake was thousands of songs synced across all devices using iTunes match, wirelessly streamed to my valve amp and speakers and controlled via my iPad. Nothing else has come close for me yet. The iPad is one my 3 year olds favourite things and she even airplays bbc iplayer cbeebies catchup to our tv now.

My mum has an iPad 1 and iPhone 4 and my dad bought her a macbook for xmas, he's a v.keen android fan and pc user, even he's turning, caught him looking at iMac's on boxing day.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #27
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
All software has its quirks

IOS5 is Apple's new mobile operating system, only a month or 2 old with some bugs to fix.

Typically my Apple user experience has been very good. I do have one of their laptops, several iPhones, an iPad 2, apple tv and airport express.

I also subscribe to iTunes match and run iCloud and all of it really does work well in harmony. Apart from the safari issue on mobiles, i never have crashes and everything is seamlessly backed up and sync-ed across all my devices. The icing on the cake was thousands of songs synced across all devices using iTunes match, wirelessly streamed to my valve amp and speakers and controlled via my iPad. Nothing else has come close for me yet. The iPad is one my 3 year olds favourite things and she even airplays bbc iplayer cbeebies catchup to our tv now.

My mum has an iPad 1 and iPhone 4 and my dad bought her a macbook for xmas, he's a v.keen android fan and pc user, even he's turning, caught him looking at iMac's on boxing day.
Ios5 came when I was using Apple products. That must have been early October?

Does anybody like iTunes? Is the sound quality not poor on the iPad, iPod and iPhone compared to similar devices?

Surely if you have an upto date tv with inbuilt iplayer or freeview/freesat, Xbox etc etc you can already have iPlayer in high resolution on your tv?

I honestly can't think of one Apple product that there is not something better than it on the market.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #28
335killer
Rep
Drives: 335i

Even the iPhone 1, 3G, 4S all have done this to me. So annoying ffs
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
MPower10s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

Garage List
yeah, mine does it sometimes. the site makes safari crash i guess. e90post should be on the tapatalk app, i don't know why they aren't
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #30
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

+1 on ios5.

Step forward in terms of features. Step back in terms of performance and stability.
But then I am comparing it to 4.3.3..which had a lot of patches itself.
      01-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #31
The_Bear_Yid
BM Noob
England
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

My iPad 2 was doing this, mainly when I was using the quote option. It seems to be fine lately.

On the phone app the first post on everything is now 'null'.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #32
Desmondo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post

Are you sure you didn't buy some hooky copy? Maybe an iPhoney?

Apple have a great reputation because generally their products work exactly as they're supposed to. What exactly has to fudged all the time?
      01-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmondo View Post
Are you sure you didn't buy some hooky copy? Maybe an iPhoney?

Apple have a great reputation because generally their products work exactly as they're supposed to. What exactly has to fudged all the time?
Loads of websites don't work directly. Places like YouTube or other video sites require apps to get them to work. You don't have access to the same content or options.

So does embedded videos on a normal webpage. Rather than watching you have to wait on the phone loading it's only viewer.

I use iracing site a lot and it was ok on the forum. On the stats part of the site the browser crashed 100% of the time.

From my favorite sites iracing, here, ebay, youtube and bbc to name but a few none work properly or reliably.

Nothing to do with my phone as it's the same for all.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #34
MarcoE93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW coral red E93

Mine does it with my iPhone. All the time. But on the app it's fine
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #35
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
But now we have a new version of the App. So far setting "my forums" causes it to crash more than Safari does on a good day!

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #36
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Thanks for all the comments on this chaps

I was rather hoping that nobody else had the problem which means I'd have likely had a faulty product and could go to Apple for a replacement.

Alas thats not the case but at least it's to 'me' causing the problem!
Appreciate 0