E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > "Still on the Programmer" = Software update?

05-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
glocker
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i sport

"Still on the Programmer" = Software update?

After much research on this forum, I took my 06 E90 in for its regular service. I also took in as many problems as I could to hopefully get my original software updated to fix many iDrive issues that I have.

Even though I had SIB numbers and repeatable problems, the Service Advisor kept telling me it might be something else and had no idea about the Navigation pop-up arrow problem.

He called this afternoon and said my vehicle was "still on the programmer" and he wanted me to come in tomorrow to test the issues with the tech.

Can I assume that "still on the programmer" means they are finally updating my ProgMan software? Are the techs required to update with the latest release?

The advisor acted so strange this morning, I just want to have as much info as possible for tomorrow.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

yep, most likely, we arent required to update a car unless it needs to be updated, but most times when a new version of software comes out within a few days our computers are updated with it...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
glocker
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i sport

I received the full software update. They used SIB 65 03 07 (Slow iDrive response). Such a great improvement over the old software.

Anyone still using their iDrive with the old brown/orange screen should take it in for the update. It's worth it.

My iDrive still takes about 15 - 20 seconds to boot once the car is turned on. The shop foreman told me this was average/normal amount of time.

thanks
Appreciate 0