E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Any direct lines from South Africa?

03-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
bimmer_OA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sedan

Question Any direct lines from South Africa?

So I've been told that vehicles are shipped directly from South Africa to America by two sources, both BMW and my dealership, but I have read about people on this board who thought the same, and were surprised by a stop in Bremerhaven.

My car is supposed to depart South Africa and arrive on the east coast, port of NJ I guess.

Is there anyone who actually did get a direct shipping route from South Africa?

The 800 number says my vehicle is still "awaiting a shipping vessel"

Customer relations told me a week ago that there is no further tracking available, and only the dealership can give me more info. Isn't the 800 number also supposed to say "en route" or something at some point?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
usc gal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan , prem, sports, nav

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_OA View Post
So I've been told that vehicles are shipped directly from South Africa to America by two sources, both BMW and my dealership, but I have read about people on this board who thought the same, and were surprised by a stop in Bremerhaven.

My car is supposed to depart South Africa and arrive on the east coast, port of NJ I guess.

Is there anyone who actually did get a direct shipping route from South Africa?

The 800 number says my vehicle is still "awaiting a shipping vessel"

Customer relations told me a week ago that there is no further tracking available, and only the dealership can give me more info. Isn't the 800 number also supposed to say "en route" or something at some point?

Thanks
Your car will go to Bremerhaven then on to the east coast. When your car is loaded on a ship it will say in transit. There should be another ship coming soon. Right now my car is on its way to PH West Coast it is on the Toronto and before that it was on the Grand Orion a MOL line my car left SA on the 6 Feb and will get here March 24 so I ordered it Jan 4 you will get yours sooner.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #3
bimmer_OA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sedan

Awesome!

Just a few weeks left for you then!

I'm hopeing I'm already on a ship!
Appreciate 0