E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Performance diffuser E90, question?

03-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

Performance diffuser E90, question?

Can someone tell me which of these I would need, would I need both or would I need more as well? I can't work it out. Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Perfor...item2c6c7e32ac

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Perfor...item2c66e2c752
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRG View Post
Can someone tell me which of these I would need, would I need both or would I need more as well? I can't work it out. Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Perfor...item2c66e2c752
The first link is the complete kit,second link is I believe,just the central smaller piece.

You'd be better off finding the part no's for both parts that make up the kit,and then buy them seperately from either the dealer or:

www.bmminiparts.co.uk

You need items 9 & 10 from the link below:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...15&hg=51&fg=95

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Last edited by Hotcoupe; 03-06-2013 at 06:57 AM.. Reason: Added link to realoem
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
The first link is the complete kit,second link is I believe,just the central smaller piece.

You'd be better off finding the part no's for both parts that make up the kit,and then buy them seperately from either the dealer or:

www.bmminiparts.co.uk
Cheers.

So you think the first one is the whole lot and I won't need anymore than that??
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
So you think the first one is the whole lot and I won't need anymore than that??
Based on the price,yes,it should be the whole kit (2 pieces).

The kit you've highlighted comes primed ready for spraying.
The central smaller part is not designed to be painted,this of course is up to you.

DON'T buy the kit,buy both parts individually,the saving is a LOT!

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Based on the price,yes,it should be the whole kit (2 pieces).

The kit you've highlighted comes primed ready for spraying.
The central smaller part is not designed to be painted,this of course is up to you.

DON'T buy the kit,buy both parts individually,the saving is a LOT!
Thanks for adding the link in your first post. I'm going to speak to the paint shop in the morning and check he'll take delivery then pull the trigger on one of these. He can fit it at the same time as he fits my new front bumper. Busy winter of buying/modding for me
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Stevese90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ed

Frg let us no how it goes with the performance diffuser love the look of it but still debating on getting one as there are not many e90 lci with the performance diffuser. Get some pics up if you don't mind and also how much is the diffuser setting you back If you don't mind me asking
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevese90 View Post
Frg let us no how it goes with the performance diffuser love the look of it but still debating on getting one as there are not many e90 lci with the performance diffuser. Get some pics up if you don't mind and also how much is the diffuser setting you back If you don't mind me asking
Well, I think it's £267 off ebay for genuine part and after what I've looked at on the forums/google I shouldn't need anything else. I will ring Stratstone Chesterfield tomorrow to confirm then probably ring Sytner Sheffield and try for the e90post discount. I'll let you know how I get on.

Part here:

Part No. 10 is the Carbon cover (I think) which is not required (by me anyway) so fingers crossed I won't have to shell out anymore than this with the exception of painting and fitting
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Well, I think it's £267 off ebay for genuine part and after what I've looked at on the forums/google I shouldn't need anything else. I will ring Stratstone Chesterfield tomorrow to confirm then probably ring Sytner Sheffield and try for the e90post discount. I'll let you know how I get on.

Part here:

Part No. 10 is the Carbon cover (I think) which is not required (by me anyway) so fingers crossed I won't have to shell out anymore than this with the exception of painting and fitting
for £267 on ebay your buying the main diffuser alone and you dont get the centre trim or the end corner pieces needed.
the corner pieces alone are £86 which you need or your left with holes on each side.
The top centre trim can be used from your old m sport bumper.
      03-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #9
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans 330d
Quote:
Well, I think it's 267 off ebay for genuine part and after what I've looked at on the forums/google I shouldn't need anything else. I will ring Stratstone Chesterfield tomorrow to confirm then probably ring Sytner Sheffield and try for the e90post discount. I'll let you know how I get on.

Part here:

for 267 on ebay your buying the main diffuser alone and you dont get the centre trim or the end corner pieces needed.
the corner pieces alone are 86 which you need or your left with holes on each side.
The top centre trim can be used from your old m sport bumper.
In the listing it says it comes with the 2 corner pieces (small text lower down) so I think £267 is the lot. Not had chance to ring BMW yet as I'm delivering Mothers Day flowers :
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #10
Stevese90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ed

I think it would be cheaper if ordered from Germany depending on tax might get a quote off bmminiparts apparently it's cheaper to buy if you buy separately
Appreciate 0