E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > The famous N54 HPFP problem!!!!!!!!!!

06-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
FlatAir2
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
The famous N54 HPFP problem!!!!!!!!!!

I have recently had this problem and for the individuals in Northern Germany and southern Netherlands please read. ALSO if anyone has any news for this topic please help out. BMW North America has put a 5 year/100000 mile warranty on this problem. Here in BMW Europe they are not doing anything about this except possibly helping out a little on the total cost. I have talked to a few guys around Ramstein that has had this same problem and BMW in Munchen has covered 100% of the problem. Up here in Northern Germany there is a BMW dealer named KOHLs in Heinsberg. This dealer will not cover the costs and will play dumb that they have no idea what this problem is and that they have never heard of it. I know of 3 different people that have gone in there with this problem and they all say the dealer has acted the same. After over a week of having my car they finally said BMW will only cover 50% of labor, 100% the part and will not cover the Diagnostic Check. Total price equaling 960 Euro and out of pocket I must pay 550 Euro.

I hope people from this local area sees this and DO NOT go to this place!!!!!

Thank you and good luck

Like I said if you have any information regarding this or updated about this in Europe please post up.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Write to BMW Munchen HQ, or some Head of Service at BMW Munchen... or give them a call... tell them the problem, say that other dealers are willing to fix the problem for free... I think they will care about what their dealers are doing and do something with it (or so I have heard).

On the other hand, if your service contract says 1000 Euro, you can't back down now... if it says something lower... I'd call my lawyer...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: RS5

The warranty in America is 10 years/120,000 miles on the pump.