E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Lifter Noise and Liqui Moly

06-27-2018, 03:57 AM   #23
Elias_E90
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Wow!
Yes n52s are tough motors, i thought after the 100k miles life time the car will start to go wrong but so far so good. And btw when i installed the milvs i was surprised my engine looked clean (the head from above), i have found out that early oil changes are very good also, i removed my vanos solenoids for cleaning and the filters on the side; they were also very very clean, no oil residue at all.. maybe 5000km oil change is too much for the States (lots pf highway driving). But where i live, most of my driving is in traffic jams and is uphills (not lots of miles daily but so much heat from uphills and traffic) so 5000km changes is affordable
      06-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #24
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias_E90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Wow!
Yes n52s are tough motors, i thought after the 100k miles life time the car will start to go wrong but so far so good. And btw when i installed the milvs i was surprised my engine looked clean (the head from above), i have found out that early oil changes are very good also, i removed my vanos solenoids for cleaning and the filters on the side; they were also very very clean, no oil residue at all.. maybe 5000km oil change is too much for the States (lots pf highway driving). But where i live, most of my driving is in traffic jams and is uphills (not lots of miles daily but so much heat from uphills and traffic) so 5000km changes is affordable
That's interesting. I don't drive my E90 much anymore, only on the weekends. I'm curious what my head will look like when I remove it for MILVS in a few months.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0