Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > New Interad Shoes!

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

View Poll Results: Looks
Interad DTM 10s 19x9.5 ET 26 19x10 ET 22 3 75.00%
Privat Akzent Mesh 19.85 ET 35 19x9.5 ET 35 0 0%
Neither 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

09-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335is Coupe BSM

Garage List
New Interad Shoes!

You know what is said...if a woman has pretty feet then you know the rest of her is taken care of and pretty too.

I found the black Interad DTM10s on this forum as Sick335 was willing to let them go at a really great price! I am still grateful! Once in my possession I took them to Wheels America in Buena Park CA. I had FAT Stance (this guy is awesome...highly recommend for a "less-aggressive roll" - UPDATE: Had to take them to LTMW as I shared below for a more aggressive roll i.e. re-roll to get the inside to flatten out more. Watched them muscle the roll over and over- entire car was shaking on the jack).

I like color contrasts and so blacking out my already black ride is not to my taste, therefore, I had Wheels America sandblast and powder coat the spokes gunmetal and the lip titanium silver because they could not polish the lip; they did leave the fasteners black which came out better than I initially thought.

Here are the before and after shots and how she looks now.

Interad 3pc-Forged DTM 10s 19x9.5 ET 22 front 19x10 ET 26 rear (before/black - after/two tone). Sharing with all those who are really into their baby's "Shoes and Feet" per se. As always...shoes can make the leg...but they have to be pretty legs first!

(I have asked the moderator to put this in the wheels forum where I should have posted it but I am lame and feebleminded )

Attached Images

'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete

Last edited by EMITTR; 09-28-2014 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Before

'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete

Last edited by EMITTR; 09-23-2014 at 01:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
tmdals0213 - Super Vert! Thanks "for the vote" - You know how it is - get something new a like it then start questioning it and then become "hmmmmmmm." Then you like it again! ugh...such is life.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

I love the new wheels Emittr, but you need to get those wheels sealant coated QUICK so they are shiny all the time and so that the dust and debris doesnt dull down the gray.

Modesta BC-03 is what i see being used on wheels so that they are protected.

they need to be cured with a infrared light and over a night i believe. Modesta is the new and hip sealant that is being used all over europe and some high end detailers in the east coast. on instagram look up eatmorechickens

and this is this website

http://www.speedfreakdetailing.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMITTR View Post
tmdals0213
also this was what i was talking about.

http://www.speedfreakdetailing.com/#!modesta/clyp
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / X6M

Hey bud,

Wheels look great. I'd paint them a bit darker if i were you tho, and drop your car maybe an inch. Looks awesome tho!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
I love the new wheels Emittr, but you need to get those wheels sealant coated QUICK so they are shiny all the time and so that the dust and debris doesnt dull down the gray.

they need to be cured with a infrared light and over a night i believe. Modesta is the new and hip sealant that is being used all over europe and some high end detailers in the east coast. on instagram look up eatmorechickens

and this is this website

Ok. Yeah definitely I need to! Just spent more money (pay day) I did not want to on the powder coating. The entire car (including wheels) was to be nano'd but that takes a day without my car and is $400.00. Do you have someone in mind? We need to hit lunch sometime and talk me though this if it is a DIY. You just set off my OCD meter!

I think that is the stuff GOP is using...bottles look the same but not sure of the label.

Last edited by EMITTR; 09-23-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
Hey bud,

Wheels look great. I'd paint them a bit darker if i were you tho, and drop your car maybe an inch. Looks awesome tho!
Hey Serge! Thanks! Yeah the spokes came out a little lighter than I wanted. Though my fenders are rolled they are rubbing in the back so I think I need FAT Stance to come back and pull them?

Fronts only rub when I cut the wheels to the right and since the front fenders are composite (plastic etc) not sure how to deal with that. But the wheels are beautiful as you said. Much thanks man for selling them to me!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #9
Sick335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i / X6M

Quote:
Hey Serge! Thanks! Yeah the spokes came out a little lighter than I wanted. Though my fenders are rolled they are rubbing in the back so I think I need FAT Stance to come back and pull them?

Fronts only rub when I cut the wheels to the right and since the front fenders are composite (plastic etc) not sure how to deal with that. But the wheels are beautiful as you said. Much thanks man for selling them to me!
What tires did you put on them? There shouldnt be THAT much rubbing. Did you stretch some 245s on the rear like I advised you to?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick335 View Post
What tires did you put on them? There shouldnt be THAT much rubbing. Did you stretch some 245s on the rear like I advised you to?
Not yet. Went to the tire rep and asked about the speed rating on stretched - he advised against it and said it basically makes me open to lawsuits, and does affect the speed rating of the tire and weakens the sidewall of the tire. Allstate has a clause where this type of thing voids my coverage. So - too many variables. Might all be "disclaimer" language but (because I am an engineer) I understand what he is saying. And I have my 16 year old kid riding with me a lot so I am passing on that bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post

and this is this website

Just talked with Moe at GP - it is CQuartz Finest or Modesta...I knew I saw him using that bottle on a Porsche. Looks like I have to get this done. Found this though....key word = "sanded"

"I agree, CQuartz has excellent look, decent durability, and affordable cost. Modesta cost alone should be 3 times as much (for the coating alone, not the paint correction). The problem I see with Modesta is because it is so durable, it is designed the way it is, that it may end up not looking quite so good a year, or two down the road. Yet because it has to be sanded off, not polished, sanded that you may end up with areas you want touched up and end up paying out the nose down the road, (again).

The way products are being rolled out these days I suspect things will be turning around long before CQ hit's it's last days. Plenty out there that you'd want to go back with once that happens."

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...a-bc-05-a.html

Last edited by EMITTR; 09-23-2014 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #12
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Headed to LTMW to get the rear fenders pulled.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #13
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Headed to LTMW to get the rear fenders pulled.
A pull is a must. I'm running specs that are far more aggressive. So, I think you'll be fine. Plus, I'm slammed. I didn't run that much camber (1.6 degrees)
      09-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #14
Deebo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 ZCP

The wheels look absolutely incredible
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #15
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
A pull is a must. I'm running specs that are far more aggressive. So, I think you'll be fine. Plus, I'm slammed. I didn't run that much camber (1.6 degrees)
Got back from LTMW and they re-rolled my fenders and voila 95% better! Now they only rub slightly in aggressive 270-360 turns (testing their work) looks like I still need a pull but not as much as I thought - although LTMW told me if I lowered the car a bit I would not. I can live with the no rubbing right now but will be back for a pull later; so the pull turned into a re-roll which still needs a pull. Have not played with the camber yet. Need to see what mine currently is.

...can clearly see the line around the tire wall near the tread where it was rubbing - and still is in special cases.
Attached Images

Last edited by EMITTR; 09-28-2014 at 02:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 01:17 AM   #16
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
The wheels look absolutely incredible
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 02:18 AM   #17
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

Hey bro really diggin' the new Interad's, they look sick. Thanks for sharing the pics!

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #18
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
Hey bro really diggin' the new Interad's, they look sick. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Thanks sir. Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #19
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Those wheels look great! Wanted to grab them but being broke doesn't help lol. Spoke could be darker like you said but still looks great.
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0