E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Excellent dealer service - BMW Bowker Preston, plus BMW M1 (Not 1M)!

07-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 435i

Excellent dealer service - BMW Bowker Preston, plus BMW M1 (Not 1M)!

Hi!

I decided to get the car serviced early today (last minute decision). After reading around user's reviews on here I decided to choose Bowker Preston over Williams Bolton.

I rang and asked to speak to the service manager but he was busy and they said he will call me back, as promised within 5 minutes he called (which I wasn't expecting). I explained that the service was appearing much cheaper via maindealerdiscount.com, they couldn't match it but said it is exactly the same via that site so I would be better off booking it via there.

I booked it at 10AM and by 11AM Bowker rang me to offer me a 2:30 'While you wait' slot.

When I got there they read the key and told me the fuel and air filter needs changing too (basically a 3rd oil service). It was working out a bit more expensive but after I showed them the 3rd oil service price on maindealerdiscount.com, they honoured it no questions asked! They also replaced my broken repeater that I pictured yesterday for the cost of parts only.

I took the car there at 2:30 and it was done by 4:30 which I was very impressed with having read about some horror stories on here regarding other dealers.

I spoke at length to the manager about E90Post and what an excellent resource it is, he was genuinely interested in the site and said he will be having a look when he gets home. Its very satisfying when you see a dealership and its staff are genuinely interested in their work.

This was my first experience with BMW and I was very impressed, especially with this particular dealer and their service. Having looked around the price I paid is extremely close to what other members have paid at independent dealerships so all in all very happy while maintaining my full BMW history.

It just shows that it is important to do your research and bank on other members experiences Sometimes its worth travelling a bit further for the right service.

Oh! While I was there I had a look around and found this beauty too I would have definitely gone for it if it had the Media Pack.

Last edited by Hope; 07-17-2012 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #2
sixpot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

That's where I'll be taking mine for service work.I've had some really good quotes from them via maindealerdiscount.com
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

Bit of clownage going on there with the double Bimmer badges Nice car though!

So how does this maindealerdiscount.com site work?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
Bit of clownage going on there with the double Bimmer badges Nice car though!

So how does this maindealerdiscount.com site work?
Haha, I thought that. It looks strange but somehow right?

The website is amazing, almost seems to good to be true! I remember TiRich using it a while back on here.

You basically enter your numberplate on the site, it gives you the service options (in my case I chose an oil service) you pay a deposit online and the remainder in the dealership. They give you the same parts and service you would get with booking direct but you save around 30% on dealership prices.

On another note, I made a complete mess of my booking because I actually needed a 3rd oil service which includes the air and fuel filters too. The dealership offer you 20% off labour and 10% off parts on any additional services when the car is in. I contacted maindealerdiscount via their online chat, the director was there to chat with me, I asked him to call instead and he rang within a couple of minutes and sorted everything out so that I can get the '3rd Oil Service' for the same price as the website.

As I said it all seemed to good to be true but they have excellent reviews and saved me a packet while maintaining my full BMW SH.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
jimpom23
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Both Bowker and Blackburn are on the site as I need that 3rd oil service in 5000 miles or so and they are coming out at £275 instead of £420 ish

Edit - It's actually £150 for the 3rd oil service, the extra is for spark plugs which I gather are changed at the same time as the 3rd service?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep

Mine cost a bit more but I added on the micro filter too.

Mine didn't get any plugs as it is diesel.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #7
jimpom23
First Lieutenant
Rep

I see, my bad...

Did I read that they do a microfilter every service now (despite maindealer site having as a seperate choice) ?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:59 AM   #8
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpom23 View Post
I see, my bad...

Did I read that they do a microfilter every service now (despite maindealer site having as a seperate choice) ?
Thats what I read, it was quite cheap to get done via Maindealerdiscount. I don't know how much the part is but it was an extra £30 for me.

Looking at my service book, the last oil changes had micro filters too, and most members said to change it once a year.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #9
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I can't say the same for their sales team, I enquired about a car they had and they said they'd call back...never did, they lost £19k there and then.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 04:10 AM   #10
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Nice to hear good reports for main dealer service for a change
      07-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
I can't say the same for their sales team, I enquired about a car they had and they said they'd call back...never did, they lost £19k there and then.
I have had this experience with a lot of car sales teams to be honest. I always ring back once if they don't get back to me, but if they don't get back the second time I don't bother either. If I did bother I would be driving a Mercedes now and not a BMW because that is what I originally called for. (If its meant to be it will )

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
Nice to hear good reports for main dealer service for a change
I honestly don't think I will find a better garage, so glad I did my research before going for the service. I have just had an amazingly good warranty service from Bowker that I will be writing about soon
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Very happy to hear the good feedback for Preston. I've got family in Lytham so I will look to book mine in with these guys in the next couple of weeks..
Appreciate 0