E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel MAERSK WELKIN - ETA Port Hueneme June 18th

06-08-2008, 12:48 AM   #89
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

LesLazz - I appreciate the video but I believe they said something about the 335 being the only one they could save.

BTW, our cars are supposed to get priority at the VPC as they are already sold (At least that's what I read somewhere - maybe in this link). Either way, this has great VPC pictures (Oxnard) if you haven't seen them.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...ad.php?t=21112

DOV - I think Leslie is right - all west coast vehicles go through Oxnard. My dealer said I will get my vehicle in Orange Co somewhere between 2 and 7 days after it gets to VPC.

From the information I have on hand, if I were to guess, I think the ship will unload on the 21st. The bad news is that's a Saturday. The good news is that they sometimes work on Saturdays if they have a bunch of paid-for vehicles. Out of 1190 bimmers, there have to be many more spoken-for rides then we represent - probably surprise birthday gifts and that's why the owners aren't here with us.

Since ours will be at the top of the list, they will be sent to the dealers on Tuesday the 24th or the 25th (Except for Leslie's which, of course, will be in the VPC body shop). The dealers really don't do much with them and they want their money so the earliest pick up for me will be the 26th. Of course, then again, I probably don't know what the heck I'm talking about - it's just an educated guess.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #90
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i convertible

Why are you picking on me fthrower? I just did all that stuff yesterday cause there was no one to play here with yesterday. Obviously, you all went out and found something productive to do with your lives and didn't tell me! What was I to do??

I hopped over to that site you listed (thank you) and your right. I have seen those pics before but not in that forum. I don't remember reading all the comments and the other comments below the pics. It must have been reposted somewhere else.

Well, would LOVE to chat, but I have important things to do today. Play chauffer again, set up back patio furniture, and clear out a space in the garage for my new baby.

It looks like I am leaving all of you to your own devices today. Play nice.

Leslie
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #91
PoolBoy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Same Boat

Well, it seems as if I am in the same boat as all of you. I am new to this forum and this is my first post, though I have been following your thread for some time. Today I confirmed that my 335i coupe (space gray metallic, sport and premium package, iPod/USB, rear sunscreen, rear parking monitor, sat radio, cold weather package) is on the Maersk Welkin as well. I am located in the Sacramento area and am looking forward to taking delivery(!)

Let's see if someone can find a picture of our ship going through the canal or otherwise amaze and occupy us with Maersk voyage trivia until our ship comes in.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #92
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Welcome PoolBoy - We should get at least one update tomorrow from San Diego and maybe a call for a reservation to the Panama Canal if we're lucky. I'm guessing the Thursday update from Port Hueneme will be pretty accurate as our ship should be on the Pacific side.

LesLazz - I didn't mean to pick on you. Well, maybe I did. It's so fun and I'm just envious of that convertible. My other ride is a CJ-7 so I can get my open air there.

Oh - and I came across another page (isn't that what we live for?) that kind of explains why we were having such a problem with ownership.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #93
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

LesLazz - I know you will check this site at least once before bed and I didn't want you to be surprised tomorrow. An observer in Jamaica submitted this to the AP about 30 minutes ago.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #94
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Damn, I gotta get photoshop so I can spend EVEN MORE useless hours on this computer!

Welcome Pool, I see you live up by where I was raised (good ol Lodi) and where my sister lives now (Auburn). That is where I want to live one day, Grass Valley/Auburn area, it is beautiful country. I can't help but notice how patient you have been about this whole process. Hats off to you!

fthrower - OK. now you actually made me go look and see what a CJ7 was... so I ran across this picture in some archives under the heading "Fthrower is looking for a new car". Could this be yours?

Cause the only other one I could find there was this pic, and I'm not sure if you could really call this your other car

If that is yours, nice legs hun!

Nitey nite!

Les
If he doesn't buy that, tell him (in an assertive but borderline tears voice) "At least you could support me in this one thing. Please don't quell my excitement. Anticipation is half the fun. It wouldn't hurt you to indulge me now and then anyway. If you really loved me, you would support me in this."
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #95
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Well it was a sloppy job but I couldn't resist after actually getting something done today. Like you, I have to find a berth in the garage and I listed a car on line so it doesn't look like a dealership around here.

I certainly appreciate the photos, particularly the second one. The vehicle is close but those are not my legs. When I had a bimmer before, it was the perfect vehicle situation. After searching for Patton's tanks in the desert, bouncing around in the dust all day long, it feels so good to take a shower, get in clean clothes and sit behind the wheel of a BMW, perhaps to get take out.

What will tomorrow bring? Greg
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 03:31 AM   #96
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

So is everyone on this boat/thread getting their auto because of ED or order?
      06-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #97
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

richifever - That's a good question. I'm pretty sure that most of us are waiting for new orders. I probably should have done ED as I ended up on a cruise ship to France, Ireland, Scotland, etc - when I got home, I realized the Mearsk Welkin (carrying my 335) undoubtedly passed us in the night - or, at least, was docked near by. The ocean-based holiday was planned before I ordered the car.

Conversely, some of these threads seem to suggest that deliveries on EDs in the states are a little slow because they already have your money. Is that your impression?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #98
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

OK, so I checked all the morning schedules/sites and nothing has changed for us. Being the optimist I am, we can take that as a good sign. The pessimist inside of me (that rarely gets to type) is screaming at me to call the CA and find out why our ship is not called the Sea Turtle?!?

Hope you guys are holding out better than I am. I have, however, been pretty good about turning off the computer and am now up to 9 minute stints of no computer! Is there a place where I can go, where there are others people as dependent on the computer as me?

I'll go google it and see what I can come up with....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #99
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Fthrower, better get a good nights sleep tonight. The MW has finally booked the passage through the canal for the morning of the 11th. I think the rating #4 means that we are the fourth to go through the canal.

Maybe you should give the Panama Canal a call to see if it is a 24 hour operation or if they only pass ships through at certain times. You could probably take a nap tomorrow night before that loooong vigil....

Leslie

P.S. Don't forget to post pics, I have no idea how to do that, and have tried for the last couple of days. That makes you the logical choice to watch for all of us.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #100
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m

Looks like this is my ship too! Huuurrrrryyyyyyyy
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 04:12 PM   #101
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
Conversely, some of these threads seem to suggest that deliveries on EDs in the states are a little slow because they already have your money. Is that your impression?
Well, I dropped off my car on May 10th. It didn't leave port for another 18 days. I think that's a fine turn around time. Plus, once it gets to the VPC, to my understanding, they take out all the little scratches I got while on my ED trip before sending the car off to the dealer. So they treat you pretty well. IMHO, EVERYONE should do an ED if they have the time to do so. What an experience! 150 mph on the autobahn in YOUR car and I also did the Nurbergring.
      06-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #102
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m

Thought I'd check in. Anyone heard if our ship has found a wormhole from the Canal to Hueneme?

Not yet?

Hrrmphh
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #103
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Welcome Eluder, A wormhole, what a great idea! Maybe we should ask fthrower, he seems to be somewhat intelligent. I hear he is a brain surgeon!

Les
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #104
Juris335
Rep
Drives: On the pond

Talking 105 Degrees

You guys are a blast to read! Thanks for all of the info and the humor. Joey I just visited your Palm Springs dealership over the weekend- very quality folks! I left Colorado at 43 degrees and landed in Palm Springs at 104! I sure hope my new Bimmer, now according to you guys at the PC, has a good air conditioner...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 12:14 AM   #105
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

I would say this is a good day seeing that the Canal thing is on schedule. Leslie - I wouldn't count on me, at least as of tonight. I'm having Internet problems. I have had fibre optic (fios) since it was a pilot project here and have never had a problem. It's really fast if you are not familiar with it. A couple days ago my web pages started opening up slower than dial up. Part of my job is computer-related so I have tried 3 different computers to no avail. If I have to hear that Verizon looping song for any longer, I will kill myself before my car arrives. The FIOS reps are much better than the DSL reps (outside the country) but they are having difficulty figuring out the problem and everytime I call back, I have to go through this insidious voice recognition system - "Okay - before I transfer you to an agent, please say cellular, fios or telephone assistance". I say "FIOS" very clearly and she says, in a very cheery voice, "Ok - cellular! and she transfers me to someone selling their cell phones who tells me I have the wrong number. I've taken the trip several times - How in the world can FIOS sound like cellular?

Anyway, what does this have to do with the Maersk Welkin? I kinda forget but I am coming home from work tomorrow afternoon so that a Tier two tech can call me and fix all my problems. I guess it's a good distraction from a seemingly slow ship (say that quick).
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #106
richifever
Patiently waiting
United_States
Rep

I have fiber in my house too, but not with Verizon. Its SOOOO NICE! 20MB up and down. So I'm gonna try to get the video of the canal....anyone know what time?

Ah...EURO 2008 is going on too! Too much to do....still no car to do it in
      06-10-2008, 07:56 AM   #107
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

Even with my slow connection, this is fun. Once I get the pictures, I'm okay so, either way, I'll check late tonight. I'm learning quite a bit about the Panama Canal. It's too bad we didn't keep the transit lists from a day or so ago because I think those are the ships going through. Here's a couple rules - If the water is going up, the ship is coming into the canal (from either direction, depending on the name of the lock (Gatun on Atlantic side and Mira Flores on Pacific side). I watched two ships side by side going into the canal in the same direction so they don't use it like a highway, at least all the time. The high resolution picture of the Mira Flores lock is probably the best bet for seeing the name of the ship although, by now, everybody here probably knows what the MV looks like. Leslie - I'll get home late tonight but I'll check when I can. All we need is one ship on the list and then we have reference. Greg
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 08:14 AM   #108
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Beat me to it fthrower, you have been awake for a while, haven't you.

Leslie
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #109
LesLazz
Second Lieutenant
Rep

fthrower - I saved part of the schedule of crossings (of course I only saved the crossings scheduled for the 11th)

I spend quite a bit of time last night doing exactly what you did, trying to match the ships with the time they crossed. I could only read two ships names clearly (high res - north view Mira Flores lock) The Sacramento and The Santa Elena (not sure about the second word in that title) both going southbound. By the time I thought about cross checking the schedule, it was too late, the schedule had changed. I will try to do a little more research this morning.

M/V Ever Develop 1200/9/Jun AM/11/Jun # 1 AM11th
M/V Golden Charlotte 1300/9/Jun Not booked # 10 AM11th
M/V Swan Ace 2100/9/Jun AM/11/Jun # 2 AM11th
M/V Nordic Pia 0430/10/Jun AM/11/Jun # 3 AM11th
M/V Maersk Welkin 0600/10/Jun AM/11/Jun # 4 AM11th
M/V MSC Poh Lin 0800/10/Jun AM/11/Jun # 5 AM11th
M/V London 2012 1200/10/Jun AM/11/Jun # 6 AM11th
M/V APL Malaysia 1200/10/Jun AM/11/Jun # 7 AM11th
M/V Sanko Heritage 1730/10/Jun AM/11/Jun # 8 AM11th
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #110
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep

At least we can dismiss this obsession thing as an educational endeavor focusing on the Panama Canal. Anyway, the only ship I could make out this morning was the Donata from Panama, a container ship going north. That bridge appears to be somewhere in the middle. Do you think that the transit time is when they start in the first lock or when they are through?
Appreciate 0