E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Buzzy driver's side speaker

12-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
jeffbg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Buzzy driver's side speaker

Took my new 2011 328i with stock audio to the dealer complaining of a scratchy driver's side door mounted speaker.

At first, they replaced the speaker, but then noticed the new one did the same thing as the old, so they attacked the "balance" of the overall system. Overall, it does sound better, but the scratchy / static sound is not gone from that speaker.

Tech notes said "continue to trouble shoot to HU or amp", but of course, they didn't as best I can tell.

Anyone with similar problems that had it resolved?

Thanks!

- Jeff
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
tharizza335i
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

I have an 08 335i coupe and i hear a static sound when you hear the gong...the dealer told me today this is normal, and does not affect any performance of the vehicle. I thought this sound carried over to when i was listening to music as well. maybe just hearing things? anyways, he said he has heard this problem many times and even called the engineers @ bmw. no new fix available yet. Key word he said is YET. so he said keep posted maybe a fix will come around
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
zivyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: for enjoyment

Same thing in my 2008, but it's pretty random. I notice it a lot with Bluetooth calls, occasionally with some songs but can never reproduce it for the dealership. SA told me it was likely the amp, and to come in one day when its happening so he can check it out.
Appreciate 0