E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > How to track Port New York?

10-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
fallintotherhyme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M316 xi

How to track Port New York?

The vessel Elektra has finally docked in Port New York, but I can't seem to find specific unloading information on it. I've tried the port authority site and various other sites that show its arrival, but no data on intended unloading date.

Also, if my dealer is less than 20 miles away or so from the port how long do you think the ETA from port to dealer is?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
fallintotherhyme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M316 xi

to answer my partial question....SA said ETA from port to dealer is 5 business days.....
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallintotherhyme View Post
The vessel Elektra has finally docked in Port New York, but I can't seem to find specific unloading information on it. I've tried the port authority site and various other sites that show its arrival, but no data on intended unloading date.

Also, if my dealer is less than 20 miles away or so from the port how long do you think the ETA from port to dealer is?
Unless you have a friend at or near the VDC, you will not know for sure it was unloaded until your ship departs. Determining the time it takes to get through the VDC is a crapshoot - lots of variables and also the luck of the draw. It seems on the west coast things are a little jammed up here - too many cars and not enough staff to check them or trucks to transport them. Once it actually gets on a truck it's just driving time (unless it has a bunch of other stops).

Last edited by fthrower; 10-13-2011 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: mistakes
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 01:43 AM   #4
Aacaron
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED E92 335i Oct 17

Garage List
2012 335i e92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fthrower View Post
Unless you have a friend at or near the VDC, you will not know for sure it was unloaded until your ship departs. Determining the time it takes to get through the VDC is a crapshoot - lots of variables and also the luck of the draw. It seems on the west coast things are a little jammed up here - too many cars and not enough staff to check them or trucks to transport them. Once it actually gets on a truck it's just driving time (unless it has a bunch of other stops).
Update please, how long did it take after the ship docked??!! I am in the same situation that you were.