E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > It just irritates me when other drivers....

08-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #23
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328pride View Post
No issues on my part then

I just hate it when there's a car weaving in and out in thick traffic and ultimately cutting someone off and force that person to brake hard (and I could be the person behind the person cut off). I also hate it when people tail gate me while I'm not at the fast lane and all other lanes are free and open.
Yep. And just as a clarification to my previous post, this is the scenario (or a representative scenario) that I was thinking of.

Obviously I would never put myself in a situation where I'm being tailgated on a major interstate highway in the passing lane, because that simply means I need to move over.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #24
StevenY.
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10' SG e92 335i

What I hate is when asshats are stopped in the middle of the street but think they're double parked.
      08-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #25
Kuch335
2007 335i E92
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 TiAg, 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328pride View Post

3. I understand why this annoys you but keep in mind that people aren't obliged to make way for you just because you're moving faster in traffic. You shouldn't even be move much faster than other cars in RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC. (to be clear: rush hour for me is 7AM LA traffic...bumper to bumper)

5. Again, people shouldn't make way for you just because you're driving faster. They shouldn't be obliged to drive faster just because you're driving faster. (I'm assuming that everyone is abiding by the speed limit +/- 5 mph)
and this is why we don't and never will have an autobahn in the USA.. in the UK i believe you actually can get a ticket for not passing in the passing lane or getting out of it when someone else is clearly wanting to pass you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
About the "they are not obligated thing" love driving in on expressways in Europe because drivers always tuck back inside & don't block up the outside lane/lanes regardless of the speed limit.

I guess its less of a hall monitor mentality there.
and more of an entitlement (to be a dick) mentality here..

lets add to that initial list

- trying to leave 16 car lengths in front of you clear in rush hour traffic so you don't slam into someone else because you're f'n with your cell phone, brushing your teeth, shaving, reading the wall street journal, or putting on your makeup..

- throwing a cigarette butt out your window when i'm behind you or anything else for that matter.

- truckers feeling the need to go 1 mph faster than the other trucker and starting their pass going into a hill

- every idiot in the world thinking they need to immediately get into the farthest left lane possible the very moment they move onto the highway as if the right two lanes are not going to the same place. I do most of my passing in the slow lane these days.

- people that think the fire chief's car, or the mall cop, is an actual cop and won't pass them.

- cops that don't use turn signals.. see that all the time..

- useless street lights.. you know, the ones where there's maybe 2 cars going one way and 200 going the other and they get just as much green light. You would think with today's technology and the fact that most intersections with lights even have cameras on them now that street lights would be somewhat intelligent by now.

enough ranting for me .. and for all of you that enjoy speeds above the limit or just want to know what's ahead on the highway.. get the WAZE app for your smart phone.. you can see 90+% of the cops or any other problem on the road as far ahead as you want to look..
2007 335i E92 AT - MHD E85 Flash, xHP Stage 3 , MR5 Intake, VRSF DPs, VRSF 7in FMIC, ER CP, Fuel-It Stage 1, RB PCV, UUC Corsa Exhaust, BL R8 Coils, Sachs SRE Coilovers, M3 Control Arms, H&R Sway, BA Diff Lock, MDF Scoops, Tint, CF Hood, Mini Battery :: 2011 X3 xDrive 35i - MHD Stage 1, Alum Charge Pipe
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #26
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Can you give an example? Most examples I can think of off the top of my head are scenarios where you could easily slow down to accomplish whatever you wanted to accomplish....
Here's your example:

You are in the right lane. There's a car ahead of you by maybe 8-15 car lengths or so. There's a car to your left, perhaps one or two car lengths ahead. There's another car in the left lane somewhat behind him, but too close for you safely pop in between them.

All four of you are moving along at a relatively constant speed. You notice that something ahead of the driver directly in front of you is going to make that driver, and probably you slow considerably, or maybe even stop. You begin to speed up (I don't mean flooring it, I mean just a bit so you aren't really hauling ass relative to everyone else) to get in front of the car ahead and to the left of you and exactly as you are That SOB notices and speeds up.

Nine out of ten times, that clown sped up just to keep you from getting in front of him. And when he does speed up, he's just matching your speed. He's not really doing anything but keeping you from getting in front of him.

So then, you say, "okay, fine, I'll get in behind your jerk ass." So as you then proceed to pull in behind him, f*cker slows down. This happens so often that I tend to really hit the gas and just zoom by when I want to get in front of someone in a case like this. Then I slow back down to something at or only slightly faster than the speed of the guy whom I passed.

NOTE:
Before anyone says it, this is not, IMO, a reason to have a 335i instead of a less powerful 3er or other car. The fact is that no matter what kind of car you have, given the distances involved, if you floor it, you will zoom by the jerk and be able to get in front of him. Unless, of course the jerk has a Porsche or M3, or some other very, very fast car. While the type of jerk I described exists in abundance on roads of all types, those who drive very, very fast cars don't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #27
zubi247
Rep
Drives: 07 bmw 328xi

Garage List
2007 bmw 328xi  [0.00]
My rant is when assholes drift right to make their left turn into a neighborhood or as you slow to make a right turn on a street how someone almost nails the back end of your car because they don't want to slow down. This is the kinda shit that really grinds my gears.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #28
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuch335 View Post

- people that think the fire chief's car, or the mall cop, is an actual cop and won't pass them.

To elaborate on this, I hate it when people are disingenuous with the way they drive just because a cop is around. I witnessed the following the other day:

Imagine an intersection with a 4 way stop. I'm approaching the intersection from "the south." There's a car in front of me (also approaching the intersection from "the south"), and this car is about 2 seconds away from coming to a complete stop.

A police car approaches from "the west," and the police car is good 4-5 seconds from coming to a complete stop.

The car in front of me approaches the intersection and comes to a complete stop. As she comes to a complete stop, the police officer is still rolling up to his stop sign and is a good 2-3 seconds from coming to a complete stop himself.

The driver in front of me who's been at a complete stop for a good 2+ seconds now won't move. She refuses to go before the cop. It's as though she's afraid of being ticketed for the "offense" of driving like an intelligent and competent human being.

The cop had to honk his horn and wave her on, given that it was her right of way because she was clearly the first to come to a complete stop at this 4 way intersection.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #29
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To elaborate on this, I hate it when people are disingenuous with the way they drive just because a cop is around. I witnessed the following the other day:

Imagine an intersection with a 4 way stop. I'm approaching the intersection from "the south." There's a car in front of me (also approaching the intersection from "the south"), and this car is about 2 seconds away from coming to a complete stop.

A police car approaches from "the west," and the police car is good 4-5 seconds from coming to a complete stop.

The car in front of me approaches the intersection and comes to a complete stop. As she comes to a complete stop, the police officer is still rolling up to his stop sign and is a good 2-3 seconds from coming to a complete stop himself.

The driver in front of me who's been at a complete stop for a good 2+ seconds now won't move. She refuses to go before the cop. It's as though she's afraid of being ticketed for the "offense" of driving like an intelligent and competent human being.

The cop had to honk his horn and wave her on, given that it was her right of way because she was clearly the first to come to a complete stop at this 4 way intersection.
Even though I knew what the passage you quoted was about, and thus what your scenario would most likely have referred to, once I saw "cop," I convinced myself you were going to tell us about the cop suddenly turning on his flashers and giving a siren burst just so he didn't have to stop and wait for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #30
litxus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Here's your example:

You are in the right lane. There's a car ahead of you by maybe 8-15 car lengths or so. There's a car to your left, perhaps one or two car lengths ahead. There's another car in the left lane somewhat behind him, but too close for you safely pop in between them.

All four of you are moving along at a relatively constant speed. You notice that something ahead of the driver directly in front of you is going to make that driver, and probably you slow considerably, or maybe even stop. You begin to speed up (I don't mean flooring it, I mean just a bit so you aren't really hauling ass relative to everyone else) to get in front of the car ahead and to the left of you and exactly as you are That SOB notices and speeds up.

Nine out of ten times, that clown sped up just to keep you from getting in front of him. And when he does speed up, he's just matching your speed. He's not really doing anything but keeping you from getting in front of him.

So then, you say, "okay, fine, I'll get in behind your jerk ass." So as you then proceed to pull in behind him, f*cker slows down. This happens so often that I tend to really hit the gas and just zoom by when I want to get in front of someone in a case like this. Then I slow back down to something at or only slightly faster than the speed of the guy whom I passed.

NOTE:
Before anyone says it, this is not, IMO, a reason to have a 335i instead of a less powerful 3er or other car. The fact is that no matter what kind of car you have, given the distances involved, if you floor it, you will zoom by the jerk and be able to get in front of him. Unless, of course the jerk has a Porsche or M3, or some other very, very fast car. While the type of jerk I described exists in abundance on roads of all types, those who drive very, very fast cars don't.
+1, hate it when this happens, plus they get mad when you still get in front of them.

Another thing that is annoying when on a 2 lane road both are going the same speed, or merge at a light to an empty lane and crawl like they have shi... in their pants once green hits.

Highway merges are something too, some idiots expect to crawl in at 40mph and expect the big rigs to slow down (they will not).
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #31
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Here's your example:

NOTE:
Ah, good example.

Quote:
Even though I knew what the passage you quoted was about, and thus what your scenario would most likely have referred to, once I saw "cop," I convinced myself you were going to tell us about the cop suddenly turning on his flashers and giving a siren burst just so he didn't have to stop and wait for you.
incidentally I've seen something like this happen as well, although I'll usually give the cop the benefit of the doubt and assume that he or she turned on his or her sirens in response to a legitimate emergency.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #32
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
...I've seen something like this happen as well, although I'll usually give the cop the benefit of the doubt ...
Yep. I too. He's a cop; we pretty much have to. I'm certainly not going to risk getting a ticket to find out how much of an emergency he really had.

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 01:12 AM   #33
914kid
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

I get annoyed very easily because the tristate simply has the worst drivers in the world. I have way too much to list but most of it has been addressed already.

1. Left lane hogs are the worst especially on a two lane highway.

2. People that are going into the turning lane but go in such a way that they are half in the turning lane and half in the other lane making it impossible to pass them.

3. Avoiding huge potholes on 2 lane road (this happened today), I was avoiding a HUGE pothole and the oncoming car was far away so I drifted into the other lane for a second to avoid it and the oncoming driver was such a dick that when they got closer they came halfway into my lane flashing brights. I was very tempted to pop a u turn and break that girls neck in half but I remained calm LOL.

4. People that pull out in front of you when they clearly see that you are driving fast and they can see that there is NO traffic behind you. 99% of these drivers also like to drive 15 miles under the limit after pulling out in front of you and brake check you when you get behind them. Usually these kind of drivers are stupid women or old people.

5. People that brake like crazy going downhill so they are driving at the exact speed limit.

6. People that brake hard at every single small curve in the road.

7. People that yell stupid stuff out the window while at a stoplight.

8. People that have HEADPHONES in their ears while driving WTF.

9. People that go inside the gas station to buy a drink or some bullshit but leave the car parked in front of the pump WTF.

10. People that leave blinkers on WTF.

11. Trucks SLOW in the left lane because every time a truck is hogging the left lane a rock hits my windshield.

12. People that SLOW DOWN and BRAKE HARD when they see some guy pulled over in the opposite direction.

13. People that BRAKE HARD for a red light thats like half a mile away.

14. People with HIDS in REFLECTOR housings WTF.

15. People that stop for a school bus when it only has the yellow lights on.

16. When I park in the far back and I come back to see some jackass parked right next to me.

17. People that cut off others in rush hour traffic to gain a distance of 1 car length.

18. 16 year old girls in 325i's thinking they are the shit.
Ok done. Not really but yeah.

Last edited by 914kid; 08-17-2013 at 01:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #34
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
1. When people play loud music going through a quiet neighborhood
2. In traffic they stomp on their brakes making you have to stomp on yours when they could have slowed down earlier.
3. When you're the second car waiting to turn left at an intersection but the person in front of you won't move up to the middle of the street, instead they stay behind the crosswalk so when it turns yellow you're stuck waiting for the next light.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 05:09 AM   #35
matty231
Second Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i M

Hmm hahaha a lot of these take my support:

- 'Gangsters' in sh*thouse family carriers and old rusty dungers blarring out music like 'HOES HOES.. F*CKIN HOES.. SNIFFIN' ROWS... LICKIN TOES, LIKE-A-BOUSSS' and all that carry on... No reason to blare it out the windows, it's like they're deaf the bastards

- People who don't indicate of course... Y U NO indicate!?

- Old people who shouldn't be driving and go 30kph in a 50kph

- When people open there doors like the insides on fire & hit your body panels

- People who slow down on the road (looking at for a particular address for instance) and don't indicate to pull over, but slow right up and your left tossing up whether to overtake or be safe in case they're just driving slow as f**k

2008 BMW 335i M-Sport
Black Saph w/ Dakato Black | M-Sport | Sunroof | iDrive | 6SP Steptronic | Comfort Access | Lights Package | JDM Spec
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #36
08*E90*328i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e90

People who pull out in front of me causing me to slow considerably, and then they turn on the next street 200' down the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #37
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
It pisses me off when you let someone in front of you and don't even wave well next time I won't let you in and you can wait for someone nice to let you in!!
      08-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #38
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

A couple more:
1. People that change lanes through an intersection.
2. People with Wisconsin plates driving the exact speed limit in the left lane of a freeway.
3. People that throw cigarette butts out the window. Bonus points if they have some sort of environmental/naturalist bumper sticker. Cigarette butts don't just decompose folks - extinguish the fire and throw them out with the trash!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #39
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
A couple more:
3. People that throw cigarette butts out the window. Bonus points if they have some sort of environmental/naturalist bumper sticker. Cigarette butts don't just decompose folks - extinguish the fire and throw them out with the trash!
I can't lie. I've tossed many a butt out the window. I would bet not a single smoker hasn't.

I won't do it driving through a residential neighborhood or shopping center parking lot and the like, but out on the highway, I have and I likely will again.

I don't think it's a great thing to do. I'm just telling the truth and owning my sh*t.

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #40
srcstc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS

People who pass you on the highway just to do the same speed as you but right in front of you.

People who speed up just because you're about to pass them.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #41
iknowitsfast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

People who display the fking speed limit in the left lane on the hwy. GTFO of my way seriously.

Speaking of the left lane....That old person or just some clueless jackass driving in the left lane slow as sh*t and literally causes a backup, with a trail of cars behind him/her.

And lastly, people who flick a cigarette butt out of car and it hits my car/windshield. I used to be a smoker (3 yrs since quitting!...yay!) and when I smoked in my car and was finished I would never flick it out, I would drop the cigarette as low to the ground as I could out of courtesy.
      08-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #42
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowitsfast View Post

Speaking of the left lane....That old person or just some clueless jackass driving in the left lane slow as sh*t and literally causes a backup, with a trail of cars behind him/her.

I can't say that doesn't tick me off too, for it does. But I don't much see old folks in the left lane. If anyone thinks of the left as the domain of fast drivers, it's more likely going to be old folks (70+) than anyone else. They were raised in a time when that was the case and people were more like the Europeans are about the left lane on highways.

Also, old folks don't get in the left lane because they want to go slow and just stay out of everyone else's way. My dad (95) is that way. My first GF's mother (78) is that way. I think most old folks are that way.

Now I realize you may well be 20-something or younger and think I'm old too, but I'm not (55). And it's more likely folks my age or younger who'll be blocking the left lane. I don't, but many do.

If I'm in the left lane, I'm moving along and seeking the next opening to move back into the right lane, in part because I know the highway patrolmen are eye-balling the left lane looking for vehicles passing everyone else. So mostly, I try to stay out of that lane if I'm driving fast.

(On a typical stretch of interstate highway, I most often have the cruise control set for 75 or 80. I hop into the left lane to pass, but then move back to the right asap.

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #43
chri5winston
Chris_winston_F30
Rep
Drives: 2014 bmw F30 Msport

Parallel parking in the middle of two spaces really winds me up. Where I live people have a habit of doing it and leaving nowhere for me to park when I finish work.
I did my best to piss my neighbours off and show them how annoying it is by doing it myself!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #44
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Ha ha Tony just read my mind!
Appreciate 0