E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > SoCal Autoshop List

10-19-2014, 01:14 AM   #353
Str8Blck328I
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328I

DONT DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
awesome powder coating... even have same day service if you don't mind paying for it.

Primo Powder Coating & Sandblasting
17592 Gothard St
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Serving Huntington Beach and surrounding area

http://www.yelp.com/biz/primo-powder...ntington-beach
GUYS DO NOT GO TO THIS SHOP! Its plain evil here- they completely jacked up my car- I wash my car weekly - it is a Black car and if you ever have own one you know they show it all lol I washed the car on a Sat and dropped it off on a Monday to have my wheels RECOATED- they were coated before I own the vehicle and were in need to be redone. When I picked my vehicle up (I had noticed before I actually left that, they brought the car into the facility where they coat the rims and do everything else) So as I stated when I picked up the car later that day it was EXTREMELY DUSTY- I left it like that for 2 days (Didnt drive anywhere) You may be thinking why leave the car like that? I needed to go back to these guys since they had forgotten to my lug nuts- SO my thinking was why allow them to get y car all dusty again....

SO that Wed. I actually waited for the lug nuts (There was another issue I had- one of the rims had like a HAIR or some line in it- this I was told they would redo it when I wanted it redone- of course I would need to return to have this done)

SO I went home after the lugz were done and washed my vehicle- As I am washing it I notcied this DUST (what I thought was dust) is not coming off!!!!!

So I call and let the owner know what I am looking at... He tries to tell me that it could not be OVERSPRAY since the shop only uses powder.... Now just for a moment think with me here- We love our cars right??? There is no way any of us would dare allow this to happen and not deal with it! My car is a 2012 BMW 328I at the time it had less then 35k on it~ As I said I wash it every week ITS BLACK! lol

So if your thinking that is the end of the NIGHTMARE your wrong- They offer to give me the cost of what it would take to have the detailed... 1st he offers to have a guy that does detailing out of a vehicle - I was like no thank you- I just had the bimmer detailed for 200$ by a professional he was only wiling to give me 50$ at that time~ He later agreed to 150$ I believe but still the idea that the paint was all over the car and EVENLY at that I had a adjuster come and check it out~ to give me a estimate...

OK enough of that part for now lol

SO the rim issue- well in my anger over this issue I actually ding a curb which I really never do~ So it happens not to be the same rim that needs to be done but they say they will redo both- WELL I am thinking ok this is better customer service than what i have been getting-

THE RIM that I jacked up they re-coat it BUT THEY DIDN'T STRIP IT 1ST

Not sure if any of you can guess what happens when you do not strip the rim and try and recoat it? For one your emblems are not going to fit properly... second and WAY more important is the PAINT will not adhere properly lol

I had a huge chunk of paint just peel off- AND NO I NEVER hit a curb lol I sent them the photo and they ended up refunding me the money for all the rims... now if you are brave after reading this and want to still do it- GOOD LUCK~

Jesus Loves You!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #354
j_mendieta
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

wasap socal e90post!!

im new to this forum! i just purchased a 07 335i with 114k miles and im throwing code p3090 (hpfp i believe). hard start and "in limp mode"

which bmw dealer did you guys go to for warranty?!?! or which dealer is most welcoming to these issues. im located in 909/626 area. i went to ontario and it seems like they dont want to help me warrant the hpfp =/

-jason
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #355
Franky2ko
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92

Custom electrical work would fall under modifications?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #356
Killemall
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M sport

Hey guys. Which body shop do you recommend near Irvine to fix some minor damage on my car? I want to find someone that puts pride in his work, and doesn't settle for anything other than perfection
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #357
Marioh
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/AG 135i

Any recommendations for detailers? Looking for a basic clay + polish + seal on pretty decent paint condition already. Sunset Handwash is close to me, but I am not sure how great these chains are. I'd rather have someone who's passionate about detailing do it - I had someone in Colorado who was fantastic but alas I am not there anymore. Thanks!

-Mario
2008 BMW 135i 6-Speed | Alpine White | Boston Grey | ///M Sport | Premium

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #358
ledorkii
Private
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Hi y'all. Does anyone know of a cheap and reputable place to get maintenance done (oil change, brake replacement, etc.) in West LA near Santa Monica/Brentwood? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:59 PM   #359
EvlShiftrE92
Lieutenant Colonel
Nicaragua
Rep
Drives: 😈 2016/17 M2 😈

I want to thank Shawn tiny Mitchell the whole offsetmotorwerks shop for fixing my car and getting it back on the road this shops legit and very reasonable they save me lots of money plus I avoided getting my car towed I love this place and I recommend everyone to go here its worth the drive
307 s Vermont ave suite e Glendora ca 91741 626-335-0652 offsetmotorwerks

Last edited by EvlShiftrE92; 04-09-2015 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 11:12 PM   #360
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

looks all hooked up now with a tv and all! very nice!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #361
EvlShiftrE92
Lieutenant Colonel
Nicaragua
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
looks all hooked up now with a tv and all! very nice!
Yes I was watching brick mansions and bad grandpa while I was there je je
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #362
DunklerEngelVNV
Krieger
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i

Does anyone have any good recommendations for body shops near the Camarillo area? Or anything close to Ventura County? Just got in an accident recently and am looking to upgrade my bumper to m-sport/m-tech.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #363
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Tony's Body Shop off Vineyard in the Nard. I wouldn't take any car anywhere else
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #364
calicolorado
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Comp 6-spd

Garage List
2015 BMW M5   [0.00]
1972 BMW 200/  [0.00]
2020 BMW X7 40i  [0.00]
Offset Motorwerks, Glendora CA

To say that I am a satisfied customer would be a huge understatement. From parts pricing to customer service to the quality of work and enthusiasm for the cars, Offset Motorwerks provides an absolutely Class A product.

The Car:

It's a BMW E90 328i with premium package and manual transmission.

With 137,000 miles on the clock, it became time to refresh the suspension and to begin consider replacing a few other maintenance items. When I replace parts on a car, I like to follow Hans Stuck's method, which is to replace parts with performance items as originals wear out. So, I purchased the Bilstein B12 ProKit package of Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers, then searched for a set of M3 control arms to replace my worn stock arms and bushings.

Experience:

Offset had the absolute best price, which originally brought them into my radar. I called them, ordered the parts over the phone and received a call when they arrived. When I picked up the parts, I spoke the the owner Mitchell who provided me with info and a quote related to the B12 kit install and a few details about their process.

A few days later, I decided to call them and arrange to have the install done. Jenny, the polite and friendly office manager, had me in two mornings later for a one-day install.

I arrived in the morning a bit late, hoping it wouldn't throw their schedule off and it didn't. I had the ProKit boxed up in the trunk along with the M3 control arms, upper strut bearings and tie rod assemblies. While I waited for the shuttle, I talked to the techs in the shop: Brian (Tiny) on an E30 cabrio and the other on a squarie 2002.

They paid for an Enterprise rental car which was absolutely awesome and the shuttle picked me up at the shop. Off to work I went in my rental!

I called multiple times (3) to check on the progress because I was excited and interested. No problem.

When I arrived at the shop after dropping the rental off, the car was ready and Mitchell took it out for a check drive. They provided me with the bill and estimates to repair the leaking valve cover and oil filter housing gaskets, rear brakes, all of which were reasonable. I will do the brakes myself, but may buy the parts from them.

I drove the car home to Fullerton and unloaded my work stuff. After dinner, bedtime stories and putting my girls to bed, I took off for a long drive (110 miles, including four full lengths of Turnbull Cyn, 91-605-60-57) to get a feel for my renewed car.

The result was nothing short of epic. For SoCal roads, the B12 Kit is perfection (I now have almost 1,500 miles on it) and it makes the E90 chassis shine like it should. The extra degree or so of negative camber provided by the M3 control arms enhances the turn in eagerness and feel of the steering. Transition response in tight esses is so far beyond my experience with the stock suspension it feels like a track car. From stock, it feels cleaner and dare I say lighter. Just absolute perfection. Driving the car to work daily has presented no unusual challenges or obstacles; I'm used to the car feeling this way and it feels like BMW intended it to...

So the result of working with Offset Motorwerks is an supremely well set up car, put together with care. The rental car is great and so is their pricing. I'm very happy with this project and look forward to future business with them!
2011 Highlander 4WD
Appreciate 3
      03-13-2015, 05:42 PM   #365
itlynstalyn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Need a recommendation for someone to fix a scuff/scrape on my front bumper on the Westside of LA. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #366
Proper Motion LLC
Custom Powder Coater
Rep
Drives: White 335i Sedan

I'd like to recommend myself for powder coating. We have all wheels chemically cold stripped first.

www.paintmywheels.com
      03-22-2015, 06:00 PM   #367
princelybug
Second Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '11 LBM E90 335i M-Sport

Trinity Autosport

Trinity Autosport
621 S. B St. Ste E
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 914-4446
www.trinityautosport.com

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 09:11 AM   #368
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by princelybug View Post
Trinity Autosport
621 S. B St. Ste E
Tustin, CA 92780
(714) 914-4446
www.trinityautosport.com
Joe and Nerwyll all day!
      03-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #369
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335is Coupe BSM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Blck328I View Post
GUYS DO NOT GO TO THIS SHOP! Its plain evil here- they completely jacked up my car- I wash my car weekly - it is a Black car and if you ever have own one you know they show it all lol I washed the car on a Sat and dropped it off on a Monday to have my wheels RECOATED- they were coated before I own the vehicle and were in need to be redone. When I picked my vehicle up (I had noticed before I actually left that, they brought the car into the facility where they coat the rims and do everything else) So as I stated when I picked up the car later that day it was EXTREMELY DUSTY- I left it like that for 2 days (Didnt drive anywhere) You may be thinking why leave the car like that? I needed to go back to these guys since they had forgotten to my lug nuts- SO my thinking was why allow them to get y car all dusty again....

SO that Wed. I actually waited for the lug nuts (There was another issue I had- one of the rims had like a HAIR or some line in it- this I was told they would redo it when I wanted it redone- of course I would need to return to have this done)

SO I went home after the lugz were done and washed my vehicle- As I am washing it I notcied this DUST (what I thought was dust) is not coming off!!!!!

So I call and let the owner know what I am looking at... He tries to tell me that it could not be OVERSPRAY since the shop only uses powder.... Now just for a moment think with me here- We love our cars right??? There is no way any of us would dare allow this to happen and not deal with it! My car is a 2012 BMW 328I at the time it had less then 35k on it~ As I said I wash it every week ITS BLACK! lol

So if your thinking that is the end of the NIGHTMARE your wrong- They offer to give me the cost of what it would take to have the detailed... 1st he offers to have a guy that does detailing out of a vehicle - I was like no thank you- I just had the bimmer detailed for 200$ by a professional he was only wiling to give me 50$ at that time~ He later agreed to 150$ I believe but still the idea that the paint was all over the car and EVENLY at that I had a adjuster come and check it out~ to give me a estimate...

OK enough of that part for now lol

SO the rim issue- well in my anger over this issue I actually ding a curb which I really never do~ So it happens not to be the same rim that needs to be done but they say they will redo both- WELL I am thinking ok this is better customer service than what i have been getting-

THE RIM that I jacked up they re-coat it BUT THEY DIDN'T STRIP IT 1ST

Not sure if any of you can guess what happens when you do not strip the rim and try and recoat it? For one your emblems are not going to fit properly... second and WAY more important is the PAINT will not adhere properly lol

I had a huge chunk of paint just peel off- AND NO I NEVER hit a curb lol I sent them the photo and they ended up refunding me the money for all the rims... now if you are brave after reading this and want to still do it- GOOD LUCK~
Will stay away from them! Have you checked out Wheels America in Buena Park? Fixed my brother's damaged Porsche wheels and powder coated my Interads with a two tone silver/platinum. Beautiful Job. 525 for the set. Highly recommend. They were good to me. pretty fast turnaround as well.

http://www.wheelsamerica.com/?gclid=...ezEaAmXH8P8HAQ
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 11:28 AM   #370
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioh View Post
Any recommendations for detailers? Looking for a basic clay + polish + seal on pretty decent paint condition already. Sunset Handwash is close to me, but I am not sure how great these chains are. I'd rather have someone who's passionate about detailing do it - I had someone in Colorado who was fantastic but alas I am not there anymore. Thanks!
You are in Denver not SoCal?

If in SoCal:

tmdals0213 on this forum OCD in detailing like I have never seen. Excellent work. Beyond worth what you pay.

DoctorDetail
Address: 2011 Placentia Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Phone (949) 650-0204

Glistening Perfection (Very High End)
Address: 27101 Aliso Creek Rd.
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Phone (888) 459-7130
'11 BSM DCT 7 Spd. 335is | RPi | aFe Magnum Flow Direct Fit | Interad DTM 10 Forged | Smoked Reflectors | Huper Optik Tint | Arkym Rear Diffuser | Cyba CF Quad Tips | iND CF CRT Rear Spoiler | COBB Protune | Turbosmart BPV | AutoCarbon CF Grills | Silver CF e-Brake | BMW CF Mirror Shrouds | M Perf. Steering Wheel v2 | KW DDC Coilovers w/WLAN | Interior Xenon LEDs | Custom 335is Accents | F/R Fenders Rolled & Pulled | New Pipes Baffle Delete

Last edited by EMITTR; 03-27-2015 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: tmdals0316 should have been tmdals0213
Appreciate 1
      03-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #371
EMITTR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicolorado View Post
To say that I am a satisfied customer would be a huge understatement. From parts pricing to customer service to the quality of work and enthusiasm for the cars, Offset Motorwerks provides an absolutely Class A product.

The Car:

It's a BMW E90 328i with premium package and manual transmission.

With 137,000 miles on the clock, it became time to refresh the suspension and to begin consider replacing a few other maintenance items. When I replace parts on a car, I like to follow Hans Stuck's method, which is to replace parts with performance items as originals wear out. So, I purchased the Bilstein B12 ProKit package of Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers, then searched for a set of M3 control arms to replace my worn stock arms and bushings.

Experience:

Offset had the absolute best price, which originally brought them into my radar. I called them, ordered the parts over the phone and received a call when they arrived. When I picked up the parts, I spoke the the owner Mitchell who provided me with info and a quote related to the B12 kit install and a few details about their process.

A few days later, I decided to call them and arrange to have the install done. Jenny, the polite and friendly office manager, had me in two mornings later for a one-day install.

I arrived in the morning a bit late, hoping it wouldn't throw their schedule off and it didn't. I had the ProKit boxed up in the trunk along with the M3 control arms, upper strut bearings and tie rod assemblies. While I waited for the shuttle, I talked to the techs in the shop: Brian (Tiny) on an E30 cabrio and the other on a squarie 2002.

They paid for an Enterprise rental car which was absolutely awesome and the shuttle picked me up at the shop. Off to work I went in my rental!

I called multiple times (3) to check on the progress because I was excited and interested. No problem.

When I arrived at the shop after dropping the rental off, the car was ready and Mitchell took it out for a check drive. They provided me with the bill and estimates to repair the leaking valve cover and oil filter housing gaskets, rear brakes, all of which were reasonable. I will do the brakes myself, but may buy the parts from them.

I drove the car home to Fullerton and unloaded my work stuff. After dinner, bedtime stories and putting my girls to bed, I took off for a long drive (110 miles, including four full lengths of Turnbull Cyn, 91-605-60-57) to get a feel for my renewed car.

The result was nothing short of epic. For SoCal roads, the B12 Kit is perfection (I now have almost 1,500 miles on it) and it makes the E90 chassis shine like it should. The extra degree or so of negative camber provided by the M3 control arms enhances the turn in eagerness and feel of the steering. Transition response in tight esses is so far beyond my experience with the stock suspension it feels like a track car. From stock, it feels cleaner and dare I say lighter. Just absolute perfection. Driving the car to work daily has presented no unusual challenges or obstacles; I'm used to the car feeling this way and it feels like BMW intended it to...

So the result of working with Offset Motorwerks is an supremely well set up car, put together with care. The rental car is great and so is their pricing. I'm very happy with this project and look forward to future business with them!
Have heard really good things about them too from tmdals0213 and others. This is the way you treat customers who are spending lots of hard earned money. There are some businesses monitoring this thread who are less reputable (read to see who they are). Good to hear and know there are good businesses out there still. Thanks for the write up on them.

Last edited by EMITTR; 03-27-2015 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: tmdals0316 should be tmdals0213
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2015, 09:15 PM   #372
EvlShiftrE92
Lieutenant Colonel
Nicaragua
Rep

Thnx once again Mitchell tiny Shawn etc the whole Offsetmotorwerks crew my baby running smooth thnx to u guys I highly recommend this shop great service reasonable price
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #373
Porando
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Good place in southern Orange county to install Koni FSD shocks on my E90?

Laguna Wheels & Tires is permanently closed

Update:

Used
Suspension Plus
27972 Forbes Rd # A
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

And they've done great job and charged less than others quoted.

Last edited by Porando; 08-19-2015 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #374
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
McKenna BMW service department
10900 Firestone Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650
email: charlie.kim@mckennacars.com
phone: 562-345-7130