E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Ready to buy 335i coupe..need help please!!

07-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
335inAZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Ready to buy 335i coupe..need help please!!

Hello all, I have been a long time lurker and decided to join in on the fun. I have been an Audi person my whole life but recently decided to try a BMW. I test drove a 328i (ok, not enough power), 06 330i (good median) and then I made the mistake of trying a 335i coupe.

I'm sure most of you had the same experience where you have that "moment" where you realize that is the car for you.

Problem is I don't want a new one (avoid first year depreciation) but I want a warranty so a certified 07 335i coupe is my choice. I really like the idea of IDrive and Nav so that is a must. I have had a difficult time locating one at one of the three dealerships in my area (PHX). Then I got a call about this sucker http://www.bmwnorthscottsdale.com/Pr...Frame-BMW.aspx (SCROLL DOWN TO MONTEGO BLUE 335I COUPE ABOUT 4 DOWN)

I have only driven dark vehicles so this would really be a change.

QUESTION: I am a single 21yr old male who works on the police department so I can't afford to deal with daily "jokes" about my vehicle. Does anyone think that color (Montego Blue) is less than manly or could get me in any trouble with a young population?

I should be able to get the dealer to about $37,500 before tax's and fee's, does that sound reasonable?

I thank you all in advance for your responses and valued opinions.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
MrSteak
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i Coupe (6-speed)

IMO the least manly colors would be Atlantic blue metallic, or Platinum bronze metallic. (Kinda remind me of old people colors, and Toyota camrys.)

As far as price goes, it's listed at $41k, which is a lot... and I'm coming off a European Delivery high (just did it 2 weeks ago), so I'd suggest considering that. Considering that you could probably get a new one for close to what you'd pay for a used one after taxes and fees. (Given, you'd have to travel and all... but it's worth it.) Every car goes through some sort of depreciation, but I just rationalized that (along with everything else in my head) by the fact that I saved around $4,500-5k by doing ED. Just something to consider.

*Plus this forum is great, and you can't really go wrong doing research here.
      07-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
strider41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 E92

Darker vehicles show dirt more than the lighter ones require greater attention to be kept clean. But, they look greater and richer. A Montego blue or Crimson red still give you the rich look but don't shown the grime as much. The lighter colors hide the grime the best. Go with the color you prefer recognizing that some require more upkeep. The manly/girlie color stuff is just a bunch of BS from people who are "green" with envy over your car!
      07-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I think $36-37k + TTL would be a very good deal. It looks like the car is very loaded with options. As far as the color goes, I'm just not sure how it could be unmanly. I don't think any color is feminine (at least the ones offered by BMW) so buy what you like.
Appreciate 0