E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Documentation: Replacing Side Mirror Parts

10-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
joshaguirre
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 xDrive28i F25

Documentation: Replacing Side Mirror Parts

Hi everyone, I know there is already some images on the forums on replacing parts on your side mirrors but the more information the better! So I ended up swapping the support ring and mirror cover to my E90 right side mirror a few months ago, I took a bunch of photos on everything so I'd figure I'd share the information for anyone in need! The support ring is held against the "metal frame" by three torx screws and then you will need to release the plastic clips around the support ring to finally release it. The mirror motor will also need to come out beforehand and is held in place by a single torx screw and a couple tabs also. Overall the DIY is very simple and you shouldn't have any worries messing with things!

Google Drive Link to Images: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vk...EuSY7izhUd12gP
Appreciate 0