E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > how many miles is to many??

08-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
bosssm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

how many miles is to many??

Looking to buy a 335i from 2008-2010. How many miles should i draw the line at. I will not be purchasing a warranty and might do a few bolt ons, ecu tune, down pipe, etc. Im just looking ahead for resale and upkeep. Just sold my nat aspirated m3 and never owned a turbo.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
9iron
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 WRX

Dont know about mileage, but you should totally forget about resale value. I think age of the car may be just as important as miles when it comes to maintenance/repairs.

You can plan on replacing multiple gaskets, water pump/tstat, HPFP's, maybe even turbos...and that doesnt include the normal wear and tear parts (brakes/tires/etc..) or mods. Not cheap. That being said, there are tons of guys on this site with much more experience/knowledge than myself. Im sure they will offer some good advice.

Why did you sell the M3? Even a modded 335 is significantly inferior to an M3, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:41 PM   #3
bosssm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9iron View Post
Dont know about mileage, but you should totally forget about resale value. I think age of the car may be just as important as miles when it comes to maintenance/repairs.

You can plan on replacing multiple gaskets, water pump/tstat, HPFP's, maybe even turbos...and that doesnt include the normal wear and tear parts (brakes/tires/etc..) or mods. Not cheap. That being said, there are tons of guys on this site with much more experience/knowledge than myself. Im sure they will offer some good advice.

Why did you sell the M3? Even a modded 335 is significantly inferior to an M3, IMO.
I had to sell the 2011 m3 to free up some money for another project but still want a bmw in the garage and always wanted a turbo car.
Appreciate 0