E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Warning: dont try this in Texas

11-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Warning: dont try this in Texas

Folks, do not mess with Texas. Listen to this News video on Demand of an on going house robbery in pasadena. There are actual shooting and both suspects have been hit. Last I heard, he killed them. The shooting happens at around 7 minutes into the video.

Look for a link labeled 'You're dead' boom: 911 call from Pasadena shooting.
http://www.khou.com/video/index.html?nvid=193240&shu=1

here is another link:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=5538780

Be patient since these are hot off the press and in high demands Second link is better since it is only audio.

Don't mess with Texas.......He can be my neighbor anytime!
      11-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Haha "the laws have been changed in this country since September the first"

It is kinda silly it took over 7 minutes to get the cops out there.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

My instinct would have done the same thing. BUT...now he is going to go through living hell. Not only with the City of Pasadena and that dispatcher but the African American "voices" are going to get crazy loud. I feel sorry for that man.
      11-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
richeerich03
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Rev Jesse Jackson is gonna be pisssed.. haha
      11-16-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
btc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06/330i/SB/TERA/AL

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
most robbery happen during the day, we are at work or school. Read post #5 in this link below about the law

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1926577/posts

I also found this link

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5303222.html
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mazda6s

wow. murderers don't get arrested in texas?

edit: nevermind.. i just read the law in the link posted above. it's still questionable since this happened during the day. i still think he should go to jail.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #7
Dleo
Brigadier General
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5

"i got a shot gun, you want me to stop them?"

"uhh, no sir"

11-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

What an ignorant fuck.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #9
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

officers without uniforms my ass haha what a bs reason
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #10
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
What an ignorant fuck.
Really, have you listened to the 911 tape and have you read the article? This man witnessed what seem to be a burglary. He said during the 911 call, "this aint right". That tells me he feels helpless and feels it is in his civic duty to stop these supposedly thieves from carrying out their crimes and possibly hurting others and getting away with it. Sure he is not witnessing a homicide but still, how often do you think in your lifetime you will get to witness something like this and would your reaction be that much different? This is a 70 yr old man too.

So you one of those who don't give a rat's axx about anyone but yourself . I would hope you would at least call 911 and then when all is said and done, you can look back and say hey, I did my best by calling 911, what if there was someone in the house that these two crooks was assaulting as well, you just gonna be satisfied that they got away. I am not saying it is ok to shoot, but if you feel there is something you can do to help, by all means do it and this man feels he might have a chance to get these crooks. Don't judge someone until you been in their shoes. Don't be so quick to judge bro.
      11-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #11
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by btc View Post
Cool, the Chronicle's link is better has clearer audio on this incident.
      11-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #12
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
Rep

dude, how can you justify this shooting? because he felt helpless? it's a civic duty to kill criminals? this man started out doing the right thing but he overstepped his bounds as a normal citizen. he's not a cop and even a cop wouldn't have shot these men until his life was threatened.

granted, no one but this guy knows what happened when he confronted the robbers. and if indeed his life was threatened, then fine, the shooting was justified. but if not, then this man is a murderer and he just made himself worse than a thief.

if i was in his place, would i have done something? yes. would i have shot them? hell no.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Damn...

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #14
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
dude, how can you justify this shooting? because he felt helpless? it's a civic duty to kill criminals? this man started out doing the right thing but he overstepped his bounds as a normal citizen. he's not a cop and even a cop wouldn't have shot these men until his life was threatened.

granted, no one but this guy knows what happened when he confronted the robbers. and if indeed his life was threatened, then fine, the shooting was justified. but if not, then this man is a murderer and he just made himself worse than a thief.

if i was in his place, would i have done something? yes. would i have shot them? hell no.
No one is saying it is right to shoot. What is done is done. The police are investigating and I am very sure the justice system will have a chance to consider if he is guilty or not.

You never been to pasadena, it is a small town with gun slinging trigger happy folks.
      11-16-2007, 04:18 PM   #15
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

i love texas, i too have fired shots at a black man breaking into my property, unfortunatly i missed.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #16
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Weird. As the token Canadian I should be more outraged; but I'm not. I say good for him. I hope his life isn't ruined as a result. I sure wish my neighbors would shoot a couple of goons breaking into my house.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 07:38 PM   #17
txusa03
Major General
Rep

There is a different between protecting your own property and your neighbor's property. This case, it is the later. He saw two men breaking a window and entering that window and he saw them coming out from the side of the house holding bag. Ask yourself what owner would enter his/her house by breaking the window? So he forgot his keys, right, call a lock smith or call a cop. If his story holds up with the investigation, I say good for this man for what he did. But as I watched the local news this evening, this will leave a last change to this man's future. I too hope his life isn't ruin for what he has done.

Those two alledged crooks were identified and have had history with the laws in the past and have been arrested for drug possession in the past. One of them was out on probation as well. So far, I have not heard anything about the homeowner of the house that these men entered.
      11-16-2007, 08:59 PM   #18
its ray den
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If his story holds up with the investigation, I say good for this man for what he did.
i don't get you. if you say it wasn't right, why do you then say "good for this man for what he did"? is it right or wrong to you?

if his story holds up as we've seen in the articles and news casts, the guy should go to jail for murder.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #19
txusa03
Major General
Rep

Quote:
i don't get you. if you say it wasn't right, why do you then say "good for this man for what he did"? is it right or wrong to you?

if his story holds up as we've seen in the articles and news casts, the guy should go to jail for murder.
Well, I am not a lawyer. I don't believe this is a fantasy world. Sometime you have only your instinct to go on. It is not like he drags them over to his lawn and executed them. His intention is to have the cops take care of this. But they did not get there soon enough for him.

So he woke up that morning knowing he was going to kill someone or decided to look out the window and find a target for shooting practices Better yet, he decided to call these two men over to his neighbor's home.

Question for everyone. Your family (wife, husband, son, daughter) live in this subdivision, how do you feel when you go to sleep at night with this outcome? Not that easy to answer is it?
      11-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #20
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Holy sh*t that dude is crazy! I can see where he is coming from, but if your neighbor's house is being robbed I don't think you should walk out of your house and shoot the theives, even though I would like to. If they were approaching your house then I guess that's a different story.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #21
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
What an ignorant fuck.
You're an 'ignorant fuck.'

Quote:

He was on his lawn and the men approached him. He is 70 years old and pretty much helpless. Who knows if these men ran at him or what.. But if I saw two black guys coming at me, I would immediately think they had a knife, or intended to harm me. I would shoot them point blank in their fucking skulls. What kind of idiot runs up on a man with a shotgun.. -___-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
My instinct would have done the same thing. BUT...now he is going to go through living hell. Not only with the City of Pasadena and that dispatcher but the African American "voices" are going to get crazy loud. I feel sorry for that man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richeerich03 View Post
Rev Jesse Jackson is gonna be pisssed.. haha
God.. If I hear anything about this being a racist act or something, I'm going to be so pissed off.. Sick and tired of blacks complaining about shit. They were thieves, he told them to stop or he would shoot, they approached him, he killed them. Dumb move on their part, regardless of color. I would feel the same way if it was two white guys robbing the house, and a black man shot them. I'm also sure that if it was two white guys, you wouldn't see a ton of white people standing in front of this guys house the next day complaining and ranting on.

-Nathan
      11-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #22
NaTuReB0Y