E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > your childhood sucked

08-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

your childhood sucked

i mean, compared to this

(be prepared for some extremely awkward showing off. and everything is cool and awesome and a favorite. it's teen cribz after all. but it's ballin)

http://www.mtv.com/videos/teen-cribs...playlist.jhtml

especially the first house/villa. I mean his dad was what again? a retired physician? he's like 45 at most. i have a new career choice.

i want to be spoiled like that. and nobody could ever bully that kid, having a UFC fighter as a neighbor.
      08-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by len56 View Post
i mean, compared to this

(be prepared for some extremely awkward showing off. and everything is cool and awesome and a favorite. it's teen cribz after all. but it's ballin)

http://www.mtv.com/videos/teen-cribs...playlist.jhtml

especially the first house/villa. I mean his dad was what again? a retired physician? he's like 45 at most. i have a new career choice.

i want to be spoiled like that. and nobody could ever bully that kid, having a UFC fighter as a neighbor.
retired PHYSICAL THERAPIST....lol

they aren't doctors...not sure how his parents afford that but i couldn't care less. good for them.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #3
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

You keep making threads about children. Now its teen cribs. Probably searching for photos on Russian servers.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
i watched the video. why is a 20 y/o hanging out with 13-15 y/o
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I actually had a pretty good childhood. I didn't need all that crap to have a good childhood. I personally think it's sad that most children in our culture spend most of their time in front of a tv. I'm not sure if it's good or bad for children to grow up with everything they could ever want. I mean some of them turn out well but most just end up fucking up their lives because they're used to getting everything their way.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
I find that show just stupid. I see the reason for MTV Cribs for actors, celebrities, and sports figures, but for teens??? Come on now. What is the world coming to?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
I find that show just stupid. I see the reason for MTV Cribs for actors, celebrities, and sports figures, but for teens??? Come on now. What is the world coming to?
Exactly! Most, if not all, of the teen celebs live with their parents. So really it's not their cribs.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
BKV122
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 330xi  [9.50]
MTV - Music Television? not any more
      08-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #9
ben14142001
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Yeah, retired PT? I think he forgot to mention the millions he inherited from his oil baron enterprise. That house has to be at least $5 mill.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 01:28 AM   #10
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

This is COOL, that's COOL. Any other words?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #11
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
Well...teen cribs is not a prime time show. Consider the target market during the time the show airs and it makes sense to me...
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

That's what is really sad is that people think you have to be rich and have everything to have a good childhood/life.

We weren't "poor" growing up but definitely at the lower end of middle class as it was a single income home.
I would say I had a great childhood though because of rather than in spite of not having everything. And I say that because I have much more appreciation for what we did have and how much my parents care for me.
I had a blast playing with my brother outside. We'd climb trees, make forts, crash our bicycles, play ninja turtles vs GI Joe, the list goes on.
I didn't get any gaming system until I was 12 and that was a gameboy I was only allowed to play on a limited basis. Didn't get anything else until I was 15 and we got a super nintendo. We lived in the woods so we got 3 channels, sort of. We had fun on Friday or Saturday night and rented a movie and watched as a family.

That's why it's sad now that a lot of kids get their rolemodels from some terd on MTV with everything. What happened to parents being the rolemodel?(and I don't mean just cause they make lots of money)
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #13
matt
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: munichs finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
That's what is really sad is that people think you have to be rich and have everything to have a good childhood/life.

We weren't "poor" growing up but definitely at the lower end of middle class as it was a single income home.
I would say I had a great childhood though because of rather than in spite of not having everything. And I say that because I have much more appreciation for what we did have and how much my parents care for me.
I had a blast playing with my brother outside. We'd climb trees, make forts, crash our bicycles, play ninja turtles vs GI Joe, the list goes on.
I didn't get any gaming system until I was 12 and that was a gameboy I was only allowed to play on a limited basis. Didn't get anything else until I was 15 and we got a super nintendo. We lived in the woods so we got 3 channels, sort of. We had fun on Friday or Saturday night and rented a movie and watched as a family.

That's why it's sad now that a lot of kids get their rolemodels from some terd on MTV with everything. What happened to parents being the rolemodel?(and I don't mean just cause they make lots of money)
This
      08-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
gill_
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e92

OP LOVES ALL GERMAN CARS
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #15
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:

Same here, except I must be older than you. The first video game of any kind I ever saw was during my first tour in Korea when I was 18. It was the PacMan game, except it was black and white and you flew an airplane around the maze while missiles chased you.

I grew up in a neighborhood with so many kids my age that they called the neighborhood Fertile Acres. We could field two teams for most sports, and we played all the time. Baseball, football, and street hockey. And when we got bored, we played war in the woods with wrist rockets and BB guns. We were rarely indoors because that's where your mom was and none of us wanted to be supervised. But we were all blue collar working class families with single incomes. None of us had money.

It was a great childhood. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #16
len56
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreez88 View Post
This is COOL, that's COOL. Any other words?
yeah it got really annoying

this sums it up (parody)
i love the 'real friends' part

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
You keep making threads about children. Now its teen cribs. Probably searching for photos on Russian servers.

shhhhhhh.... :P
but I'm even not that much older than these kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by gill_ View Post
OP LOVES ALL GERMAN CARS
lol i'm glad you understand

Quote:

don't worry, the title of the thread is just dry satire

...but i want my own nightclub.

Last edited by len56; 08-30-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #17
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera

that island sink is pretty cool
      08-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #18
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States