E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > anyone had car problems during ownership?

07-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #1
BMWseeker
Private
Rep
Drives: none

anyone had car problems during ownership?

Hey guys

Just wondering, how many of you had car issues (not the really minor ones like dodgy radio reception), but ones that actually got you stuck on the road (or at home if you are luckier).

Lately I have seen 2 cars break down on the road (a 2002 merc ML, and something else) one of the cars was in the middle of the highway too.. which was pretty dangerous.

So I started thinking about the mechanical worthiness of my car. Being a 2005, it's getting old, and seriously considering about either a overhaul of some of the important parts, or just stepping up and buying a new vehicle (which I don't want to do for another year and a half due to personal commitments).

Anyone here have anything to share?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
bluethunder
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Your car is 8 years old so not really that old. I think if you pay attention to the maintenance then you shouldn't have major issues unless you're unlucky(some people are with cars).

I use to have a old MrSpider(Mr2 sw20) and didn't have any problems in the 6 years of ownership apart from 1 time when the Alternator belt snapped as I entered the cross harbour tunnel. All the lights came on the dash and I started to lose power. I was thinking F%&k...Luckily I managed to creep out of the tunnel and pulled over immediately at the bus stop! I had just left a garage on Kowloon side(for maintenance work) and the mechanic there didn't replace the belt whilst working on my car because he said it looked ok...Anyway he help me call a truck and I got towed back to his garage.
Appreciate 0