E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > The Mercedes Community sucks

04-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #1
Luken
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330I

The Mercedes Community sucks

So i wrote of my 330I an got an e-class...

there's no real prominent Toronto board out there to post or represent...

Im honestly going to go BMW again after this e-class cause this lack of community is killing me on the inside.

no idea where to get parts and stuff minus ebay and kijiji
dont know where the meets go down or happen,
dont know what shops to go to,

oh my.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #2
Pierce330
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328 xDrive

I honestly do not know of any indy that deals only with MB. There are a few in Oakville that specialize in nothing in particular but are competent in German vehicles such as Cross Avenue Auto and Mantis Racing (I have no affiliation with either shop FYI)...I know that Kompressor Auto in Hamilton service mainly MB products...Good luck with your search
E90 328i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
It's actually quite funny to see how non-existent the Mercedes community is in all aspects. Try looking for a Mercedes DIY or part number and it becomes a frustrating task. Do the same for a BMW vehicle and 99% of the time, an E90post thread with your answer(s) will appear as the top hit.

Uncle had a few things that failed on his ML (lane departure/radar sensor, AdBlue heater) and it was a chore to find the correct parts and I still haven't found a good DIY to have those replaced. On the forums, it's more talking about the problem rather than trying to find a solution to fix it like we do here on Bimmerpost.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
NocturnalEVO
Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

I thought I was the only one who couldn't find a proper MB forum lolll

Their community does suck
'06 R6 Anniversary Edition (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #5
Chadi335is
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is Type R Spec XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO
I thought I was the only one who couldn't find a proper MB forum lolll

Their community does suck
MB owners are of a more mature age group... Whereas BMW owners are more youthful.

I have a few garages that I service my E-class in York region that know their stuff better than the idiots at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #6
KiX1911
Blah
Canada
Rep
Drives: Awesomeness

/\/\/\

I agree, but to me the Mercedes Brand is not as sporty (except 6.3 ) as the BMW brand and therefore a turn off to a lot of younger crowds.

When I was looking for a car, you couldn't give me a Mercedes for half the price of my E90 just because the styling was not my style.

Also a majority of people that are tuning/fixing it themselves are a younger (20-30 crowd).

Just my 0.02

B
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #7
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Funny story, I have a buddy who works is a programmer for a website marketing company. He had spend months working on this big promotion for Mercedes Benz for the new (at the time) 2 door C-class coupe and right before the big launch MB pulled the plug on it. When they asked why, MB just plain told them that they are getting destroyed by BMW in the young enthusiast sports car market (the entire marketing campaign was focused to young sports car drivers) and the campaign was not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #8
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Funny story, I have a buddy who works is a programmer for a website marketing company. He had spend months working on this big promotion for Mercedes Benz for the new (at the time) 2 door C-class coupe and right before the big launch MB pulled the plug on it. When they asked why, MB just plain told them that they are getting destroyed by BMW in the young enthusiast sports car market (the entire marketing campaign was focused to young sports car drivers) and the campaign was not worth it.
I wouldn't be surprised. At least in the GTA, the overwhelming majority of BMW drivers are young male/female regardless of model. With Mercedes, it's more of the older crowd and they get older as you go up to the E-Class and ultimately a S-Class.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 09:47 PM   #9
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Well just like we have a BMWTrueNorth group on Facebook, there is also our brother group MBTrueNorth. Its run by Tim and his guys, around 500 members, and I am sure they can help you out with anything you need. They used to be called MBWorldOntario, and then joined the TrueNorth family this year.

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MBWorldOntario/

There are three admins in the group, Tim, Jason, and Brian...they run the club.

Instagram: https://instagram.com/mbtruenorth
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #10
Luken
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
Well just like we have a BMWTrueNorth group on Facebook, there is also our brother group MBTrueNorth. Its run by Tim and his guys, around 500 members, and I am sure they can help you out with anything you need. They used to be called MBWorldOntario, and then joined the TrueNorth family this year.

Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MBWorldOntario/

There are three admins in the group, Tim, Jason, and Brian...they run the club.

Instagram: https://instagram.com/mbtruenorth

neat
Appreciate 0