E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Ecotune Downpipe

12-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #67
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

RENNtech

RENNtech Performance or RENNtech Mercedez is the leading tuner for AMG platform Mercedes. They do all their own work from fabs, body kits, turbos, downpipes, exhaust, installs, writing flash tunes etc you name it, anything performance that has to deal with a car they have the shop and tools to make it.

These guys set records in the AMG, and have been doing BMW cars on based on custom requests. They have just started reaching out more publically in their offerings to the BMW cummunity

So in other words they are not new to BMWs
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #68
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post

These guys set records in the AMG, and have been doing BMW cars on based on custom requests. They have just started reaching out more publically in their offerings to the BMW cummunity

So in other words they are not new to BMWs
How many DPF deletes/downpipes have they done in the U.S. d community?
      12-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #69
Antoans4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5Diesel & 2011 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotuneuk View Post
Who are RENNtech?

I'm afraid what we can discuss with any other firm, particularly with regards to our software modifications is limited for reasons im sure you'll understand.

I think we would benefit from a representative in the USA though as we are e-mailed regarding this almost every day.

We are of course delighted to assist the end customer though.

Best wishes,

Stan

I have a friend that owns a performance shop and he will be more than happy to get an account with u guys to sell ur product, i will be the first customer from the US to try ur down pipe and ecu tune
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #70
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
How many DPF deletes/downpipes have they done in the U.S. d community?
You will have to ask them that question directly.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #71
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35D E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Stan, what kind of capabilities would be required for a U.S. shop to be able to perform your software mods over here? I am aware of at least one shop that currently cracks open the DDM and also installs software (from Evolve in this case). So the shop is an installer only, not a "writer" or tuner. Renntech does the same thing, but I *think* they write their own code.

If you have a situation in which a car in the U.S. has been modded with your downpipe, along with a more efficient i/c and perhaps even meth injection, is it even possible for you to evaluate the car remotely and change the programming to take advantage of the added capabilities of the car?

Would it be possible for an individual to install the software after the hardware is installed/modified? For example, we have a vendor in the electronics arena that is located in Poland, but he sends out the necessary cabling, and can remotely program the car - this is not simply coding, he has the capability to modify the car's programming (for navigation/audio/etc.) via the owner's local pc.

Just curious if it might be possible to use your capabilities and knowledge over here, since (as you can probably tell) we are behind times on tuning the d.
On the 335d the ecu requires to be opened however, we have developed an opening jig which leaves zero marks on the ecu casing... you should see some attempts I have seen from others at opening and ecu's getting broken on brand new cars See below an ecu I have opened on a 335d...

We have some dealers in the UK, Europe and Norway who are proficient at completing this work now... with a little practice and the right tools it's fairly easy.

I would be happy to appoint a dealer in the USA however, they would need to be an established and well organised workshop with a well earned reputation for excellent customer service and a good knowledge of diagnostic work. An employee there will require excellent skills with regards to soldering and PCB work...

The engine management system in the USA version is 95% identical to the latest 335d here in Europe, even the software versions are almost exactly the same with the exception of urea injection maps. As this is a limiter based ecu the microprocessor makes adaptions based on our set limiters and the feedback from sensors such as EGT, MAF, MAP, Lambda, IAT, Barometric Pressure, Humidity, ambient temp... etc etc... the feedback from our USA customers has been terrific.

Last edited by ecotuneuk; 12-10-2012 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #72
Julesandtrish
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2010 BMW 335D  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotuneuk View Post
On the 335d the ecu requires to be opened however, we have developed an opening jig which leaves zero marks on the ecu casing... you should see some attempts I have seen from others at opening and ecu's getting broken on brand new cars See below an ecu I have opened on a 335d...

We have some dealers in the UK, Europe and Norway who are proficient at completing this work now... with a little practice and the right tools it's fairly easy.

I would be happy to appoint a dealer in the USA however, they would need to be an established and well organised workshop with a well earned reputation for excellent customer service and a good knowledge of diagnostic work. An employee there will require excellent skills with regards to soldering and PCB work...

The engine management system in the USA version is 95% identical to the latest 335d here in Europe, even the software versions are almost exactly the same with the exception of urea injection maps. As this is a limiter based ecu the microprocessor makes adaptions based on our set limiters and the feedback from sensors such as EGT, MAF, MAP, Lambda, IAT, Barometric Pressure, Humidity, ambient temp... etc etc... the feedback from our USA customers has been terrific.
I have the perfect dealer for you (in the southeast US at least). GMP performance. They meet or exceed all of the qualifications you list. They work on tons of cars (mostly exotics and european) and have been in business since the 70's. I have used them numerous times. Check me out here gmpperformance.com
      12-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #73
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesandtrish View Post
I have the perfect dealer for you (in the southeast US at least). GMP performance. They meet or exceed all of the qualifications you list. They work on tons of cars (mostly exotics and european) and have been in business since the 70's. I have used them numerous times. Check me out here gmpperformance.com
Do you work for them? Are they interested in becoming an Agent?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #74
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

I just sent Hartmut the owner of RENNtech and Lenny their programmer this link to see if they are interested
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #75
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

The response I got from RENNtech:

Would like to see some actual customers review.

Regards,
Leonardo Wu
Performance Research & Development
1369 N. Killian Drive
Lake Park, FL 33403
Ph (561) 845-7888
Fax (561) 845-6777
PRD@renntechmercedes.com
[url]http://www.renntechmercedes.com[/url
]
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #76
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

my response to them:

They are in Europe so if anything I believe you can reach out to them for
info as to which I'm limited
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #77
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
my response to them:

They are in Europe so if anything I believe you can reach out to them for
info as to which I'm limited
There are hundreds of reviews on the BMW forums.

We will be advertising the opportunity for agents in the USA in January so i'm sure we will be in a position to pick who will provide the best service to our USA customers at that time.

Thanks again,

Stan
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #78
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

lets cut the running around you guys contact RENNtech or whomever you desire, but be aware most companies are VERY finnicky about going against the EPA (Enviroment Protecting Agency). That said, my best advise is for your company to approach them for this mod otherwise we are only PEONs!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #79
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
lets cut the running around you guys contact RENNtech or whomever you desire, but be aware most companies are VERY finnicky about going against the EPA (Enviroment Protecting Agency). That said, my best advise is for your company to approach them for this mod otherwise we are only PEONs!!!
We intend to market this opportunity in the new year and will look at the applications at that time. Naturally if a candidate is in touch before this time and they are suitable we would be delighted to look at this however, for the moment we will continue as-is. We would of course be delighted to deal with any USA customers remotely and you can be assured of our absolute attention :-)

Thanks again,

Stan
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #80
anielsen71
Major
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Hi Guys
A little update from me.....

I finally got my Ecotune downpipe fitted and hopefully will get the car adjusted for the changed backpressure now the filter is gone tonight.
Removing the DPF and fitting at the shop was aprox. 2-2.5 hours.
I have not tried pedal to the metal yet since I wanted my tuner to do his magic before testing it to the max. But driving home from the shop 180km/h did not produce any sood or smoke that I could see in the mirrors....And the sound of the engine is almost the same as before...Can't wait to get it mapped in and try it for real ;-)

I did some testing yesterday with the racelogic box to have something to compare with. 0-100km/h was 6,6-6,9 on wet roads with a full fueltank and only me in the car.
I did one test with empty fueltank and manage to get a 6,3 for 0-100km/h.
All this before DPF remove and remaping.

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #81
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Allan, thank you for the update! When do you plan to visit your tuner?
      01-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #82
anielsen71
Major
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
I hope to get an appointment tonight. If not then later this week.
Until then I will not test it to the max.

Btw. I have to add that the downpipe from Ecotune was a perfect fit. All fittings and fitment was spot on. Respect to Ecotune for the product!!! :-)
What took the longest time was to remove the DPF. Quite big and a bit tricky to get it out.

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 05:24 AM   #83
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
I hope to get an appointment tonight. If not then later this week.
Until then I will not test it to the max.

Btw. I have to add that the downpipe from Ecotune was a perfect fit. All fittings and fitment was spot on. Respect to Ecotune for the product!!! :-)
What took the longest time was to remove the DPF. Quite big and a bit tricky to get it out.
Glad to hear your downpipe went on well, thanks for the feedback... all you need now is the best software available in the world to go with it :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #84
Antoans4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Are u guys been able to get a dealer in the States? I'm dying to get this done on my car
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #85
ecotuneuk
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoans4 View Post
Are u guys been able to get a dealer in the States? I'm dying to get this done on my car
Dealership availability for the states will be marketed in February :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #86
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Can you give us the dealer that will be working it? its just a couple weeks away from today
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #87
Antoans4
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ecotune any news on the dealer in the States, i have a shop that wants to do it but they don't work to much on Bimmers, they mainly work on VW, Audi and Porsche, do u guys do tuning for Audi and VW TDI?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #88
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Buraq get LENNY and HARTMUT on this, I find it very interesting. Gracias
Appreciate 0