E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Off topic but...question about Pac Mall

09-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #23
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMOTION View Post
yea they cut my internet a few times and i was like WTF?! i call them and they say im over my cap. i think my neighbour incurred like an extra $100 for going over his limit.
the max roger can charge you is $25 going over limit, even if you 400gb over the limit they can only charge $25, it's in their policy (it's illegal for them to charge more then $25, they can't go against their own policy)... i've been going over by 200gb's and so far so good... when you go over the limit it does show that you're $300-400 in extra charges, but they will only charge $25 and deduct the rest... my buddy went to 2000gb few times, and they didn't say anything to him...

http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/bband/...gpace/faq.html

Will I be charged if I go beyond my monthly usage allowance?

Yes. If you exceed your monthly usage allowance, you will be charged as follows:

Ultra Lite – $5.00/GB to a maximum of $25.00
Lite – $2.50/GB to a maximum of $25.00
Express – $2.00/GB to a maximum of $25.00
Extreme – $1.50/GB to a maximum of $25.00
Extreme Plus – $1.25/GB to a maximum of $25.00
Please note: the grandfathered Ultra Lite over-allowance fee is $5.00/GB with no maximum, and the grandfathered Lite over-allowance fee is $3.00/GB with no maximum.

I just don't see how they can suspend anything if it's not in their policy...

Last edited by dpwr; 09-18-2009 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #24
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

All you need is www.ovguide.com you'll thank me later! If ovguide.com has it, than chinese places has it!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #25
cloakster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 VW GLI

If you already have a good internet (which you should be able to afford if you can afford a bimmer) then the cheapest method would be to download and burn the movies yourself. DVD's are like $0.20 a disc in 50+ packs.

I download movies in better than DVD quality then burn them to DVD, which ends up being the same quality as if i had bought the movie from the store.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #26
dpwr
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
If you already have a good internet (which you should be able to afford if you can afford a bimmer) then the cheapest method would be to download and burn the movies yourself. DVD's are like $0.20 a disc in 50+ packs.

I download movies in better than DVD quality then burn them to DVD, which ends up being the same quality as if i had bought the movie from the store.
you don't even have to burn anything, just run media center with xbox360 extender, it plays blue ray 1080p movies no problem, even plays .kvm files
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #27
Kriston
The Ultimate Driving Machine
Canada
Rep
Drives: Like Donkey Kong on Roids

The Flea Markets here in Brampton have all the DVD's you guys want in Enlgish and most in dvd-9 quality.

I personally love movies, and wont mind spending a few bucks on an original copy i will watch years down the road.

For those who want original Blu Rays, theres a guy that sells original Blu Ray movies in the 747 Flea Market (Highway 7 and Airport road) for 20 dollars a pop 2 for 35 they are brand new.

Theres another flea market (dr fleas) that has empire dvd ( I buy most my dvds from him) he charges 20 dollars for a brand new Blu ray and also sells previously viewed for 10 dollars. Last week i picked up the New Indiana Jones movie / New Under World Movie and Marley and Me for 30 bucks total on Blu Ray !

Blockbuster also has some great sales at the moment on selected previously viewed blu rays. I dont mind previously viewed as long as the case is in good shape and ofcourse if theres nothing wrong with the discs.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #28
Universal_Magnetic
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
Theres another flea market (dr fleas) that has empire dvd ( I buy most my dvds from him) he charges 20 dollars for a brand new Blu ray and also sells previously viewed for 10 dollars. Last week i picked up the New Indiana Jones movie / New Under World Movie and Marley and Me for 30 bucks total on Blu Ray !
Thanks for the info, might check it out
      09-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #29
cloakster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 VW GLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpwr View Post
you don't even have to burn anything, just run media center with xbox360 extender, it plays blue ray 1080p movies no problem, even plays .kvm files

True, but until a month ago when i got my laptop, i didn't have any way to connect a PC to our main TV so DVD's were good enough
Appreciate 0