E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment done: need help

06-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Alignment done: need help

K, I got my alignment done, 4 weeks after lowering my car on Tckline true match.

PROBLEM: even though my car was lowered on coilovers w/ Vorshlag camber plates, they were able to correct most things to OEM specs except for the passenger front. They said either I hit a pothole really bad and wheel might be slightly bent or I need to check the height of the coilvers on both sides and make it even.

First, I doubt it's the wheels cuz I just got road force balance done and they would have been able to tell if the front passenger wheel was slightly bent ... right?

2nd, when you do a corner balance (which I didn't do) the height of the driver's side is usually higher than the height on the passenger side. If that's the case how can the shop say they can't align it cuz of the height difference. Can someone advise what kind of variation is acceptable if the height makes a difference.

I can post the height here from both sides if it will help but should I check from ground to mid fender or something else.

Shop gave me a print of before and after ... will post it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance guys. Btw, shop used a 3d imaging wheel alignment machine.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

I'm not sure about corner balancing, but I don't think you bent a wheel. Maybe suspension but not a wheel. If your car is slightly out of spec on camber, I wouldn't worry about it. Just match the other side to it. I think stock is 1.0-1.5 and I have 2.0. Mine doesn't really chew the tire up more than the stock setup.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

^ u think the suspension might be bent? Is that possible even tho I don't member hitting a big pothole or anything.

I'll post the printout ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

If you don't remember hitting anything not probably nothing is bent. The suspensions is 100% perfectly even anyway. We're only talking 1 or 2 tenths of a degree. You would have remembered hitting a pothole big enough to bend suspension.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0