E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > A lot of people hate BMW

Closed Thread

11-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #221
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
Honestly who cares what people think about your BMW.

I get compliments all the time and I know we are at the middle of the food chain of automobiles. Actually BMW is considered middle class for Americans. While Aston Martin is considered upper middle class.
Well these distinctions are kind of vague if you don't specify exactly what you mean by "middle class" and "upper middle class." The terms don't mean anything in and of themselves. It's better to specify ranges.

However, that kind of analysis is also complicated by the fact that different areas have different costs of living, so you need a way to normalize for purchasing power.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #222
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Nobody pays any attention to what you drive unless you cut them off. That's why for every car manufacturer you can find e-stories about "MFer in a goddamn toyota/BMW/subaru/lexus/etc. almost hit me" and there are never any "wow that ______ driver was just so courteous and considerate!"

My first job was in customer support and they taught me that while feedback is important, people only really like to complain.
I'm not gonna lie, whenever I see a fellow BMW driver drive with the flow of traffic while maintaining a respectful 2 second distance from the car in front (i.e. not tailgating) I think "Wow, so they do exist"

And that goes double if the driver is in his or her 20s or 30s. Younger BMW drivers are among the most aggressive on the road, and they seem aloof about it a lot of the time which is disappointing. They're constantly changing lanes and creeping up (thereby tailgating the car in front of them) despite the fact that they inevitably hit a red light and all of their rash, unsafe driving ends up being for naught.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #223
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i xdrive (F32)

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Got it ! ! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I take offense to being called a chauvinist pig.

It has nothing to do with you being a female, and everything to do with the fact your spelling is worse than a pre-schooler.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Right ! ! ! Got it. The mentality of re-posting one of my post from a few years ago that was not even in this thread, for the purpose of indulging your own childishness, makes you NOT a preschooler

Then applauding the the valley girl insinuation with all the OMG's insults, does NOT make you a male chauvinist pig either

Got that too :-) I am gonna stay here for a while to see how much deeper you dig you holes

Come on, Waiting

A idea that is developed put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea
Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #224
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft View Post
Right ! ! ! Got it. The mentality of re-posting one of my post from a few years ago that was not even in this thread, for the purpose of indulging your own childishness, makes you NOT a preschooler

Then applauding the the valley girl insinuation with all the OMG's insults, does NOT make you a male chauvinist pig either

Got that too :-) I am gonna stay here for a while to see how much deeper you dig you holes

Come on, Waiting
First, are you even a female? Second, are you a feminist?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #225
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
I'm not gonna lie, whenever I see a fellow BMW driver drive with the flow of traffic while maintaining a respectful 2 second distance from the car in front (i.e. not tailgating) I think "Wow, so they do exist"

And that goes double if the driver is in his or her 20s or 30s. Younger BMW drivers are among the most aggressive on the road, and they seem aloof about it a lot of the time which is disappointing. They're constantly changing lanes and creeping up (thereby tailgating the car in front of them) despite the fact that they inevitably hit a red light and all of their rash, unsafe driving ends up being for naught.
Lol, I have definitely driven aggressively before, I think we all have. It gets hard with such a fine machine under your foot, you know. I think that the majority of us on this board keep it respectful though (or at least purport to). I see cars of all makes being driven aggressively but you're right, a lot of those seem to be e46/e39 BMWs that the kids are getting as their first cars or whatever. Lately I've just about been spun around by a lot of Scion FR-S's.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #226
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
First, are you even a female? Second, are you a feminist?
How could I be a feminist if I am not female ? Brilliant of you !

Glad you could join in on the insults. Welcome

I don't know anywhere else where one can comment on a thread found through a search engine, triggering multiple attacks from so many guys. and over what?

You must be proud

I been posting on the more serious side of this forum for years and had met some people at the meets, never encountered anyone as the likes of you . So you like to live on the internet bashing people? Like why?

A idea that is developed put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea
Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #227
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Lol, I have definitely driven aggressively before, I think we all have. It gets hard with such a fine machine under your foot, you know. I think that the majority of us on this board keep it respectful though (or at least purport to). I see cars of all makes being driven aggressively but you're right, a lot of those seem to be e46/e39 BMWs that the kids are getting as their first cars or whatever. Lately I've just about been spun around by a lot of Scion FR-S's.
I think that most in their 20's or 30's who own a fast car, no mater if its a BMW or other, will drive over aggressively. I think that more younger people these days chose BMW over other fast cars, so it might make it seem like more BWM drivers are over aggressive since it became the popular choice within that age group

Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #228
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep

Quote:
How could I be a feminist if I am not female ? Brilliant of you !

Glad you could join in on the insults. Welcome

I don't know anywhere else where one can comment on a thread found through a search engine, triggering multiple attacks from so many guys. and over what?

You must be proud

I been posting on the more serious side of this forum for years and had met some people at the meets, never encountered anyone as the likes of you . So you like to live on the internet bashing people? Like why?
There's really no reason that men cannot be feminists. I've met many people (particularly those 'bronies') that fight harder for women's rights, in efforts to attract the fairer gender.

You didn't answer my question, though...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #229
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Oh yeah I'm definitely no different. Whenever I get the urge I usually tell myself that I'm about to engage "douche mode" as I call it

I've tried to minimize my "douche mode" engagements over the years but it's never gone quite down to zero You're right our cars are too fun to only drive the speed limit all the time.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #230
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
There's really no reason that men cannot be feminists. I've met many people (particularly those 'bronies') that fight harder for women's rights, in efforts to attract the fairer gender.

You didn't answer my question, though...
If you want me to answer your uncalled for ridiculous question if I am a female and a feminist. You fit right in a category that you will not like: There are numerous forums (male dominated) where when a woman decided to fight a group of men, just like I am doing here. We get accused of not really being women cause we don't fit into the male norm of being subservient

Yeah I am a woman and a feminist (shakes head)

Do you realize how old and boring this all is ! Like really, anyone who stands up against you, cannot be a woman.., Please

Now Answer my question: So you like to live on the internet bashing people? Like why?

Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #231
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Oh yeah I'm definitely no different. Whenever I get the urge I usually tell myself that I'm about to engage "douche mode" as I call it

I've tried to minimize my "douche mode" engagements over the years but it's never gone quite down to zero You're right our cars are too fun to only drive the speed limit all the time.
Dude, you can speed without being a douche.
      11-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #232
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you want me to answer your uncalled for ridiculous question if I am a female and a feminist. You fit right in a category that you will not like: There are numerous forums (male dominated) where when a woman decided to fight a group of men, just like I am doing here. We get accused of not really being women cause we don't fit into the male norm of being subservient

Yeah I am a woman and a feminist (shakes head)

Do you realize how old and boring this all is ! Like really, anyone who stands up against you, cannot be a woman.., Please

Now Answer my question: So you like to live on the internet bashing people? Like why?
Actually, he likely asked because recently in the OT there was a jack ass who changed his forum name and avatar to seem as if he was a woman.

Simmer down missy.
      11-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #233
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
Was that Grubba Balls?
aka boyserhyman, aka Amanda Hor$st
      11-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #234
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Right ! ! ! Got it. The mentality of re-posting one of my post from a few years ago that was not even in this thread
Templar did that? How weak-sauce of him.

Point Lara
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #235
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Actually, he likely asked because recently in the OT there was a jack ass who changed his forum name and avatar to seem as if he was a woman.

Simmer down missy.
No worries, this is kinda fun

well Ummm,, I think

I don't dislike any of ya's. Hey thanks for? Well, whatever this was :-)

Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #236
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Hey, I resurrected your thread, maybe by accident, but everyone's awake

you can thank me later

cheers :-) no hard feelings

Taryn
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #237
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Templar did that? How weak-sauce of him.

Point Lara
But I didn't...

Last edited by Templar; 11-23-2013 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #238
NemesisX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Dude, you can speed without being a douche.
Very true, it's all about the context

Plus, technically speaking speeding past the posted limit is a virtual non-issue these days as everyone speeds a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #239
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep

Quote:

Simmer down missy.
Thanks, Tonka.

That bullshit with Horst really bugged me, I just wanted to ask if this Lara Croft character was actually a female. She would've replied the same even if she wasn't, though, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Just so I could know how to take things from this person.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #240
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
no hard feelings
do ones in the pants count?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #241
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, Tonka.

That bullshit with Horst really bugged me, I just wanted to ask if this Lara Croft character was actually a female. She would've replied the same even if she wasn't, though, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Just so I could know how to take things from this person.
Melvin Udall says, "just think of a man, and take away reason and accountability". - "As Good As it Gets"

Those aren't my words Lara.....
      11-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #242
Lara Croft
Zoom Zoom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 650I Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Melvin Udall says, "just think of a woman, and take away reason and accountability". - "As Good As it Gets"

Those aren't my words Lara.....
Come on, don't blame me cause some guy pretended to be a woman on your thread

Re your quote: Its sweet that you want to keep me here, continuing to engage with you all

Find a better quote and will see, edited your quote, cheers

Taryn

Last edited by Lara Croft; 11-24-2013 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread