E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > bmwexecutive got into a HIT & RUN accident -- *Pictures*

Closed Thread

03-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #45
tman
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV

Garage List
2014 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Dude, at least you're ok.

The whole thing sucks, especially considering you were trying to do the right thing, or at least at that time it felt like the right thing. It's easy for us to judge you, but none of us were there so it's hard to say what any of us would've done. Get my point?

2014 I01 i3 BEV
2011 E91 328i xDRIVE TOURING
| 2010 F83 X3 3.0i xDRIVE | 2006 E90 330i 6MT (Ret)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 06:34 PM   #46
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 i SG, 6MT, CWP, BT, NAVI

At least no one got really hurt. But I agree with the others that you should have let him go by you. There are jerk drivers out there, and the trick is to know when you can and can not mess with them. With only two lanes and a divided highway it is a lot easier, but with three or more lanes, or where there are a lot of on ramps/off ramps, or roads with long on/off ramps. Let them go, and let them be someone elses problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #47
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Sure the guy was an asswipe, but I just don't understand why you blocked him off. You knew that was just going to make things worse...

Just be thankful you didn't get out, that could have been you that got hit by the car instead!

As far as your deductible you're going to have to pay it. Only way around it is to go after the other guys insurance; and good luck with that.

If you're not ready to kick some ass don't go provoke pricks that are ready to kick yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 06:45 PM   #48
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Sorry to hear that man...people really are dicks these days.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #49
TonyLukes3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '02 Z3 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post

Especially if you consider that being in a BMW sorta makes you target anyway for the Inbred, Knuckle Dragging, NASCAR watching, mouth breathers so numerous in the South and Florida especially... The Land of the "Sense of Entitlement"...
Did you live in Florida before? How do you know these creatures so well? I agree completely, there are so many jackasses on the road down here it's unbelievable!

To the OP, sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear you're OK and not too much damage occurred relatively speaking.
      03-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #50
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fanatic View Post
If I were you, I'd get a good lawyer and sue his ass and put him off the road.
This is so typically AMERICAN!!!

"oh, I'm a victim...I tried to big a bigger dink than the guy in the big black truck, but he beat me at my own game and my car got wrecked...and now I need $1.5M for all my pain and suffering"

No different than that stupid broad that put the coffee b/w her legs and burnt her pubes...dumbass, what did you expect?? Then she sues Micky D's for $5M b/c the coffee was too hot...it's coffee you retard it's supposed to be hot!

Puh-lease...you guys want to know why the Insurance industry makes billions in profits every year? Frivolous law suits drive up premiums...plain and simple.

Quit your whining, pay your deductible and be glad that the only thing that got busted up was your car. You brought this on yourself.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 07:46 PM   #51
EdmBimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 35d

ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!!

e90 SG DOWN!!!!!! I REPEAT, e90 SG DOWN!!!!!!!

Sorry.......When I saw the pictures my heart dropped. I ran to my garage to look at my car. I feel your pain man, but at least your safe and the damage looks repairable.

03-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #52
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

s4iscool says, thats a bummer
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #53
bimmerguy288
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
Especially if you consider that being in a BMW sorta makes you target anyway for the Inbred, Knuckle Dragging, NASCAR watching, mouth breathers so numerous in the South and Florida especially... The Land of the "Sense of Entitlement"...

I have seen plenty of jerks in all kinds of vehicles, some of them wear suite and tie and drive BMWs too. Two ago I was driving on the left lane of a two-lane one way street, an idiot ( in a Camry) came out from a side street, drove in the wrong way, almost hit me and he gave me the bird. Last night a guy in a MB CLK320 was drinving like 10 feet ahead of me to my left, and all the sudden he cut in front of me and almost caused me to hit his bumper. He didn't even bother to use his turn signal. I really hate jerks when they cut in in front of you without the courtesy of using the blinker.

If my heart I want to shoot those jerks, in my head I just let it go.

Last edited by bimmerguy288; 03-25-2007 at 06:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #54
s4iscool
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Burrito, lol at your avatar pic. I grew up with that tard and feel sorry for your bears !
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #55
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Sorry to hear about it but like others have mentioned, you need to try and keep your emotions out of it and just let him go.

Sounds like an incident I had a few weeks ago. I was coming up to a green light and it turned yellow but I knew I could make the right turn before the stopped traffic started moving, plus they obviously saw me going to take the turn. (Yes I know I should have just waited, first mistake.) So I take the corner and there is a truck in the right lane stopped and as soon as the light turns green he floors it purposely trying to hit me apparently because he is mad I took the right turn on red as his light was turning green. So I floor it to get him off my ass and he does the same and we get up to 50 mph which is the speed limit and he is still on my ass so I get into the left lane and I hear him floor it because it downshifts and then since no one is behind me I hit my brakes pretty hard so he can't really get a look at me while he is passing. I was afraid he was going to start yelling at me or something and just wanted to avoid it. He spent the next mile speeding up and slowing down trying to get next to me so he could yell but I didn't let him and never even saw what he looked like. He had to turn off the road and I was so relieved the "chase" was over. Next time I'm in a rush and know I can make the light before the other traffic starts maybe I'll think twice anyways lol.
sounds like people in FL are fucking nuts...
      03-24-2007, 08:52 PM   #56
ZeusPsu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Deciding View Post
This is so typically AMERICAN!!!

"oh, I'm a victim...I tried to big a bigger dink than the guy in the big black truck, but he beat me at my own game and my car got wrecked...and now I need $1.5M for all my pain and suffering"

No different than that stupid broad that put the coffee b/w her legs and burnt her pubes...dumbass, what did you expect?? Then she sues Micky D's for $5M b/c the coffee was too hot...it's coffee you retard it's supposed to be hot!

Puh-lease...you guys want to know why the Insurance industry makes billions in profits every year? Frivolous law suits drive up premiums...plain and simple.

Quit your whining, pay your deductible and be glad that the only thing that got busted up was your car. You brought this on yourself.
+1 - but did you really have to generalize to 'Americans' ? Don't assume that everyone is "sue-happy" in the US.
335i Coupe - Space Grey, Dakota Red, Aluminum, Auto, ZPP, ZSP/Paddles, CW, CA, NAV, SAT, PDC, Production Complete 3/1/07, Arrived in NYC 3/19/07, At VPC 3/25/07, At Dealership 3/29/07, Delivery - 4/2/07
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #57
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusPsu View Post
+1 - but did you really have to generalize to 'Americans' ? Don't assume that everyone is "sue-happy" in the US.
+1 Ay!
      03-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #58
MBChariot
HESSEN///M3
Panama
Rep
Drives: TIag E46 ///M3

No need to beat a I have to add my .02 cents and say that was crazy. Things could have definitely turned out a lot worst. I hope you learned something from all of this.

"A6 direction Saarbrücken"
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 09:35 PM   #59
CokerRat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F10 535i xDrive

Quote:

Sidebar... some facts on that McDonalds case. Not as simple as everyone makes it out to be. http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

Quote:
To be fair, this isn't a simple auto insurance claim, this would be a civil suit. Regardless of how you might get into an altercation with someone, it has NEVER become OK for someone to get out of their truck to come beat the ever-lovin' shit out of you. Here's the way a lawyer would see it... by getting out of his truck, the guy in the black SUV is announcing that he is about to do violence to bmwexecutive. In doing so, he has to know he is putting bmwexecutive into a position where he may decide to flee for his personal safety and, on a busy road, this has a high likelihood of leading to a collision. It's no different than if you piss me off for any one of a number of reasons, then I come up to you in a coffee shop and took a swing with a baseball bat and intentionall miss your head by an inch. In the chaos of you jumping off your chair to fight with me, you knock over your coffee onto the person next to you. Who's at fault for hurting the guy next to you? You or me? I personally think bmwexecutive's got a very strong case.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 09:37 PM   #60
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
sounds like people in FL are fucking nuts...
Lol you got that right! I can't wait to get away from these idiots!

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #61
Chesmu
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
m-tech bumper and euro headlights...

and my condolences.
      03-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #62
ZeusPsu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
We're not?

Stella awards anyone?

No, we're not. You can't generalize. I don't like to be stereotyped after all the other a-holes that sue for no reason just to make a quick buck.

You can skew all kinds of statistics to make it seem like "all" Americans are suing each other.

"...one study of stereotypes revealed that Americans are generally considered to be friendly, generous, and tolerant, but also arrogant, impatient, and domineering. Asians, on the other hand, were expected to be shrewd and alert, but reserved. Clearly, not all Americans are friendly and generous; and not all Asians are shrewd. If you assume you know what a person is like, and don't look at each person as an individual, you are likely to make errors in your estimates of a person's character."
335i Coupe - Space Grey, Dakota Red, Aluminum, Auto, ZPP, ZSP/Paddles, CW, CA, NAV, SAT, PDC, Production Complete 3/1/07, Arrived in NYC 3/19/07, At VPC 3/25/07, At Dealership 3/29/07, Delivery - 4/2/07
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #63
gregermister
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Spaceship

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
Oh, and you know that orange reflector in the headlight that everyone hates? I finally got it out!

-Scoreboard-

Bmw Executive 1 Amber Light Reflecter 0
      03-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #64
JoJoGunn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ****

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
Hey Dude...
People are CRAZY around here(Tampa/st pete/Clearwater.
Stay safe and glad you are o-k

BTW--Let us know who does the body work and how it turns out
Best Regards
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #65
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokerRat View Post

To be fair, this isn't a simple auto insurance claim, this would be a civil suit. Regardless of how you might get into an altercation with someone, it has NEVER become OK for someone to get out of their truck to come beat the ever-lovin' shit out of you. Here's the way a lawyer would see it... by getting out of his truck, the guy in the black SUV is announcing that he is about to do violence to bmwexecutive. In doing so, he has to know he is putting bmwexecutive into a position where he may decide to flee for his personal safety and, on a busy road, this has a high likelihood of leading to a collision. It's no different than if you piss me off for any one of a number of reasons, then I come up to you in a coffee shop and took a swing with a baseball bat and intentionall miss your head by an inch. In the chaos of you jumping off your chair to fight with me, you knock over your coffee onto the person next to you. Who's at fault for hurting the guy next to you? You or me? I personally think bmwexecutive's got a very strong case.
Spoken like a true lawyer...isn't there an ambulance you should be chasing somewhere?

I guess someone up there ^^ was right...I shoudn't stereotype, that really wasn't very "Canadian" of me (lol)...I just get tired of seeing these stories on the news about how some criminal down there breaks into someone's house and hurts himself, then sues the owner for negligence..and wins!!! Crazy!

I'm not saying frivolous suits never happen here in Canada, but it's much more rare and you VERY rarely see any significant rewards. If the burned crotch lady did that up here at Tim Hortons, I'm sure all she would have received was a free medium double double and a box of Timbits!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 10:11 PM   #66
JoJoGunn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Lol you got that right! I can't wait to get away from these idiots!
Triple +1...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread