E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Removing brake dust and rubber marks from trunk upholstery?

10-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep
Drives: 335i LCI

Removing brake dust and rubber marks from trunk upholstery?

Hi,

I was transporting my summer rims back home from the tire shop, and unfortunately, one of them moved and hit the trunk upholstery. There is a 5cm black mark on the upholstery.

I have tried removing it with some AutoGlym Interior shampoo, but it won't budge. I'm guessing it's some rubber mark, or brake dust or something... from the wheels.

Any ideas on getting it out?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

I'd suggest something like the P21S Total Auto Wash, which is a citrus based degreaser. It's a gentle yet highly effective formula safe on fabrics, vinyl, paint, rubber, plastic, etc. Spray it on and agitate that area with a bristle brush. This should take care of it and hopefully have your trunk looking clean again. Hope this info helps!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0