E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > DesignAuto Studio/Hybird Performance and Vellano

09-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

DesignAuto Studio/Hybird Performance and Vellano

Here is my experience with them. I know this is not going to be a fun thread and let me be clear that My self and Eric @ Hybird performance have a lot of history (I have said lot of unplesant things to him and he had done the same thing as well) and after much debate I decided to put this here.
My objective is that fellow E90 members cover your self if you are ever dealing with a similar scenario.
I ordered Vellano wheels and tires from Eric. We agreed that for the front we will go with 19X8.5 +38. At the same time I told him that I am not planning on lowering the car and I didn't want a agressive fitment.
I get the wheels and put them on and the front started to rub. I contact Eric and in return he calls Vellano and they blamed that the tires on the front is wrong and that is why it is rubbing. So Eric told me that he will replace the tires and which he did. So I get the new tires and the rubbing had stopped however the whells on the front is still sticking out. So I called Eric and told him what is going on. I emailed Eric and asked him for the Offset for the fornt wheels. He didn't answer my emails and when I ever I called the Shop no one answered the phone. So after waiting Couple of days I called Brandon @ Vellano and asked him for the offset. He told me the offset on the wheels are +29. As per the invoice from Eric it is +38 and that is what we agreed for but the wheel is actually a +29. - At this point in time all the communication between my self and Eric had gone south so I decided to talke to Brandon @Vellano.
Brando asked me for pics and I provided them and according to Brandon the Offset what Eric signed off is +29 not +38. Eric at this point in time says that there is nothing he can do and since I have gone to Vellano I better sort this with Vellano. As per Vellano they say it is not their problem this is a issue I have to deal with Eric. The bottom line is that as a Cuatomer I am screwed and no one wants to take the responsibility of the screwup.
Eric's customer service was topnotch until he got the money from me. Once he had got the money he didn't care. I am sure he is going to come out and say that I am a high demanding customer blah blah. I am sure that if you spend the kind of money you want answers.
I know that nothing will be solved on this and I don't have any option left to me. The reason I want to put this one out here so if any one ever thinking about dealing with one of these people pls stay away. You are better off burning your money.

Last edited by G-Mach1; 09-03-2008 at 08:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #2
Tara_Bell
Pink!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW E90 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
If your invoice specifically lists the wheel that you purchased as +38 offset and what you received was +29 offset, you should def get either a refund or the correct wheel. You did not get what you ordered or what you paid for.

Maybe dispute the charge?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara_Bell View Post
If your invoice specifically lists the wheel that you purchased as +38 offset and what you received was +29 offset, you should def get either a refund or the correct wheel. You did not get what you ordered or what you paid for.

Maybe dispute the charge?
Apparently Visa (Canada) is telling me that in order to dispute the charge I need to ship the product back. Once he had received the product then only I can dispute the charge. If he refuses to accept the package then there is nothing they can do.
As for as Visa Canada is concern once you order a product and if the product is delivered to you the case is closed. - It is a sucessful transaction.
Bottom line is I am screwed by them as well.
I learned another lesson If in the future when I buy some thing I will not use Visa it will be AMEX or Paypal.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
325/528
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: pinto

Are all the wheels the same size and offset? Just wondering if you can put the +29 offsets on the back of the car (assuming you have +38 offsets to put on the front)

After re-reading your post, I see that they were supposed to be +38 for the front. What is the rear size and offset?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 02:38 AM   #5
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

shit......sorry to hear that man=(
i remember u created a thread before about this problem too.....
hope everyone will be aware of this vendor...and dun order from him....
since he gave out the wrong offset and wrong info.....
after all this.....he just ignore the problem is unacceptable .....
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfloyd1 View Post
Are all the wheels the same size and offset? Just wondering if you can put the +29 offsets on the back of the car (assuming you have +38 offsets to put on the front)

After re-reading your post, I see that they were supposed to be +38 for the front. What is the rear size and offset?
Nope the back is different offset plus they 19X10 so I can't switch them to the front.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523 View Post
shit......sorry to hear that man=(
i remember u created a thread before about this problem too.....
hope everyone will be aware of this vendor...and dun order from him....
since he gave out the wrong offset and wrong info.....
after all this.....he just ignore the problem is unacceptable .....
Thanks Man.
Just like you said I want the other members to be aware of this situvation and they can make their own decession.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Update on this situvation

Last week Brandon from Vellano contacted me and they are going to fix my wheels. I agree to pay one way shipping and Vellano will fix the whhels and send them back to me.

It is nice to see the manufacturer standing behind their Product.
Brandon
Vellano
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #9
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

subscribed...GL
      09-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #10
down4it
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Update on this situvation

Last week Brandon from Vellano contacted me and they are going to fix my wheels. I agree to pay one way shipping and Vellano will fix the whhels and send them back to me.

It is nice to see the manufacturer standing behind their Product.
Brandon
Vellano
What do they mean fix? they are going to machine the back face of the wheel? Make sure if that is the case you get documentation that they did that, if your wheel cracks at the lugs or gets torn off of your hub you will have something to hold against them... I know shaving 10mm off a wheel cant be that good... I would say 5mm max...
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #11
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by down4it View Post
What do they mean fix? they are going to machine the back face of the wheel? Make sure if that is the case you get documentation that they did that, if your wheel cracks at the lugs or gets torn off of your hub you will have something to hold against them... I know shaving 10mm off a wheel cant be that good... I would say 5mm max...
Thanks for the heads up.
I am not sure what the process is. In my conversation with Vellano i was told that I will loose about 1/2" of the front lip because of this. Because of that I will think that they are not going shave the back face of the wheel. However I will ask them what the process is.
Thanks
Appreciate 0