E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Center Console removal

10-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
kenneymac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335is :)

Center Console removal

Does anyone know how to remove the shifter on the 335is? The chrome is killing me

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

The Trim piece just pulls out. Carefully pry under the edge with a tool to find and release the clips that hold it in place. Check for a cable to the shifter and disconnect if necessary. Then release the leather boot from the trim piece so you can remove the shifter itself. That takes a firm jerking motion. It's just a friction fitting so a good strong jerk upward will release it. You may want to have it in Neutral so your pull is straight upward. Be careful you don't hit yourself in the face! :>) You can't just twist or pull it off gently. It takes quite a firm jerking motion to get it to release.