E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Kerscher lip installation help

04-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
MikeStig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TiAg e92 335i

Kerscher lip installation help

Anyone know of a reputable shop where I can get a Kerscher lip installed on my msport bumper? Or even better, could someone lend a helping hand? I would be ordering one without pre-drilled holes and don't really trust myself with drilling holes in the lip/bumper. Im located in ocean county but I'm willing to travel.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
djervin
Rep
Drives: CTS-V/335i/325xi

Who is the manufacturer of the lip? I just installed the J-M Kerscher lip without any pre-drilled holes and used 4 factory mounting locations only (and a little double sided 3m tape). I took my time and feel that it came out decent. It would be perfect if I drilled into the bumper outside of the factory holes. Not hard at all, I did it by myself and used painters tape to hold the position of it while making marks for where to drill.... Let me know if I can be of any help, obviously too far away to actually help, happy to through PM or in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
MikeStig
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TiAg e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by djervin View Post
Who is the manufacturer of the lip? I just installed the J-M Kerscher lip without any pre-drilled holes and used 4 factory mounting locations only (and a little double sided 3m tape). I took my time and feel that it came out decent. It would be perfect if I drilled into the bumper outside of the factory holes. Not hard at all, I did it by myself and used painters tape to hold the position of it while making marks for where to drill.... Let me know if I can be of any help, obviously too far away to actually help, happy to through PM or in this thread.
Do you have any pics of how it looks? I would probably try to go with this method as I do not want to drill holes in the bumper
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
AW335OME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E90 M3, F80 M3

The Kerscher lip is a straight forward install. Basically lift up the front of the car, line up where you want the lip to be and use a screwdriver or something of the sort to mark underneath the bumper where the holes are(You're gonna be drilling there anyways). Make sure you use 3M double sided tape as well as the self-tapping screws to hold the lip in place. Must use the 3M tape because the bolts alone won't be enough and the lip will rip off as soon as you start cruising the highway(Learned from experience). If you want you can come over to my place sometime May and ill help out.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335OME View Post
The Kerscher lip is a straight forward install. Basically lift up the front of the car, line up where you want the lip to be and use a screwdriver or something of the sort to mark underneath the bumper where the holes are(You're gonna be drilling there anyways). Make sure you use 3M double sided tape as well as the self-tapping screws to hold the lip in place. Must use the 3M tape because the bolts alone won't be enough and the lip will rip off as soon as you start cruising the highway(Learned from experience). If you want you can come over to my place sometime May and ill help out.
Not necessarily true about the tape. I have about 6 screws holding mine and it's help up just fine.
      04-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #6
AW335OME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E90 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Not necessarily true about the tape. I have about 6 screws holding mine and it's help up just fine.
Hmm im not gonna disagree with you but just something I experienced.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #7
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335OME View Post
Hmm im not gonna disagree with you but just something I experienced.
Yeah I'm sure everyone's install is different with this lip. I believe I used six screws, including two in the middle.