E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > AngeliBright 4.0 Review

07-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
jdixon04
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe

AngeliBright 4.0 Review

I ordered the AngeliBright 4.0 system the day it came out. EAS shipped very quickly and the lights arrived well-packaged. The first thing I noticed about the lights were that they were very well-crafted. The brushed finished looks very nice and all the components appeared to be of high quality. The only thing I questioned was the effectiveness of the design. The concerns I had with the design had to do with the fact that while the LED is pointing down, a good bit of the light is probably not being distributed as there is a decent amount of black metal in its way. Obviously, the black finish is going to absorb more light than bare/polished metal. Anyways, there was really no issue installing the lights; it did take me a while due to the lack of space within the headlight compartments. So far, so good. Unfortunately, after turning on the car, the problems began. My radio happened to be on when I turned on the car and I immediately heard a TON of static. Thinking that it may have been the station I was on, I cycled through my normal, nearly static-free stations. All of the stations were filled with loads of static that wasn't there before. I had remembered reading that some people were experiencing issues with static on the AngeliBrights, but I thought it had been remedied in previous versions. In fact, the product description for 4.0 says that the lights cause no interference with the radio. To double check that it was not the stations, I unhooked the AngeliBrights and reinstalled the factory lights; no static present. Putting that issue aside, I decided to finally take a look to see how the lights looked. Needless to say, I was extremely underwhelmed. The light was almost invisible during the daytime and even at night, the lights weren't all that great. In additional to the low-output, the inner rings seemed to be dimmer than the outer rings. Definitely a major disappointment.

To EAS' credit, Tom was very responsive and offered me a replacement. I ended up taking the refund until the issue is resolved.

After sobbing for a bit, I decided to order a set of the LUX H8's. There were definitely more of a pain to install than the AngeliBrights, but WOW, what a difference. They are what I the AngeliBrights should have been: the light is well matched to the factory HIDs, it's bright, but not overbearing and uniformly distributed across all rings. In addition, my radio stations maintained the clarity that I had with the factory lamps. I can definitely say that I highly recommend the H8's over the AngeliBright 4.0 system. Unfortunately, my camera is mangled at the moment, so no photos for now.

Hopefully this will help some of you who may be considering making the plunge.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

THANK YOU FOR THIS REVIEW!

I must applaud eas for its effort in trying to come up with a unique solution. Also must give them thumbs up for their customer service and willingness to provide your refund. Unfortunately it looks like LUX is still the way to go at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

The LUX H8 V3's kick ass.........end of story.
      07-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdixon04 View Post
I ordered the AngeliBright 4.0 system the day it came out. EAS shipped very quickly and the lights arrived well-packaged. The first thing I noticed about the lights were that they were very well-crafted. The brushed finished looks very nice and all the components appeared to be of high quality. The only thing I questioned was the effectiveness of the design. The concerns I had with the design had to do with the fact that while the LED is pointing down, a good bit of the light is probably not being distributed as there is a decent amount of black metal in its way. Obviously, the black finish is going to absorb more light than bare/polished metal. Anyways, there was really no issue installing the lights; it did take me a while due to the lack of space within the headlight compartments. So far, so good. Unfortunately, after turning on the car, the problems began. My radio happened to be on when I turned on the car and I immediately heard a TON of static. Thinking that it may have been the station I was on, I cycled through my normal, nearly static-free stations. All of the stations were filled with loads of static that wasn't there before. I had remembered reading that some people were experiencing issues with static on the AngeliBrights, but I thought it had been remedied in previous versions. In fact, the product description for 4.0 says that the lights cause no interference with the radio. To double check that it was not the stations, I unhooked the AngeliBrights and reinstalled the factory lights; no static present. Putting that issue aside, I decided to finally take a look to see how the lights looked. Needless to say, I was extremely underwhelmed. The light was almost invisible during the daytime and even at night, the lights weren't all that great. In additional to the low-output, the inner rings seemed to be dimmer than the outer rings. Definitely a major disappointment.

To EAS' credit, Tom was very responsive and offered me a replacement. I ended up taking the refund until the issue is resolved.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

We have installed a number of kits in house without any evidence of radio interference, so it is odd that you are reporting an issue on your kit. As promised, I will be testing your kit on my M3 to see if I can replicate the issue and let you know the results.

We have a passion for BMWs that is unparalleled by any other, so we treat these matters very seriously. On the flip side, users have been very happy with their new V4 kits, we are already on our 2nd production run.

In the end, thanks for making AiB your 1st choice.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
e92stance
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 LCI 335 msport

LUX h-8 V3's are the best hands down......I still get compliments months after initial install!! Best mod ive done to my car so far!!!!!! Marc also has SUPERIOR customer service, but its good to see EAS does as well! I would take my LUX over any kit out there including ricey OSS and ever (uhhhh-ohhhhh) the custom ones that MAC did for that green M. The only downside is the install, you have to have t-rex/baby hands to put these in!!! lol
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stance View Post
LUX h-8 V3's are the best hands down......I still get compliments months after initial install!! Best mod ive done to my car so far!!!!!! Marc also has SUPERIOR customer service, but its good to see EAS does as well! I would take my LUX over any kit out there including ricey OSS and ever (uhhhh-ohhhhh) the custom ones that MAC did for that green M. The only downside is the install, you have to have t-rex/baby hands to put these in!!! lol
Just out of curiosity, what makes the OSS, LS3, or MAC* custom rings "ricey"? If those angel eye solutions are considered "ricey", then is the E92 LCI angel eye solution "ricey"?

*Caveat: Yes, the MAC headlights had more than just LED ring angel eyes, so maybe that's what you could call "ricey"...maybe.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

LUX V3's are the best I have tried by far, but I would still like a little more light in the daytime on the outer rings, hopefully EAS can remedy your issues and it will be interesting to see how others make out with them, it is a unique design and I was hoping it lit the outer ring a little better!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 04:44 AM   #8
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what makes the OSS, LS3, or MAC* custom rings "ricey"? If those angel eye solutions are considered "ricey", then is the E92 LCI angel eye solution "ricey"?

*Caveat: Yes, the MAC headlights had more than just LED ring angel eyes, so maybe that's what you could call "ricey"...maybe.
Yeah I don't get how people call it "ricey" when the e92 LCI comes with a similar looking setup from the factory... looks like BMW has gone "ricey" haha.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
ducman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdixon04 View Post

After sobbing for a bit, I decided to order a set of the LUX H8's. There were definitely more of a pain to install than the AngeliBrights, but WOW, what a difference. They are what I the AngeliBrights should have been: the light is well matched to the factory HIDs, it's bright, but not overbearing and uniformly distributed across all rings. In addition, my radio stations maintained the clarity that I had with the factory lamps. I can definitely say that I highly recommend the H8's over the AngeliBright 4.0 system. Unfortunately, my camera is mangled at the moment, so no photos for now.

After 1 year and now I finally figured out why my radio has static. Well, you figured it out. I'll have to see if I can get EAS to take a look at these AiB v3 one of these days. They run fine. But there some weird static issue with the radio when they are on.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post

Yeah I don't get how people call it "ricey" when the e92 LCI comes with a similar looking setup from the factory... looks like BMW has gone "ricey" haha.
OSS ricey? Aww shit I better take these lights the hell out of my car, I'm seeing MAD civics with that shit now yo! Really, your use of the word 'ricey' needs some research fella.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

P.S. not meant toward Dr. G!! The other fella!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
LUX for the win!
      08-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
boxim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW E92 Xdrive

I ordered my AIB's in February of this year, being a new BMW owner i was now becoming familiar with the threads and the "forum culture". I did as much research as i could before pulling the trigger on the Angel eyes, but evidently it wasn't enough.
I made two mistake:
1. not buying LUX H8's because apparently they're brighter.
2. i did not order my v3.0 for EAS instead i ordered from the website customangeleyes.com who i believed was the original manufacturer of the product, but if you try to go to their website now you'll notice it's no-more. i wonder if now that EAS has taken over if they will honor the warranty. from the appearance of things, i think they must have sent me a set of refurbished or used and returned AIB's, i say this because when i got them one light did not work straight out the box. when i was sent a replacement for the non-functioning light, i noticed a difference in cleanliness and quality to the original lights received.

In April i started having problems with the other original light, it stopped coming on. i checked to make sure the connections were secure, but it's like the light had a mind of it's own, it would only come on when it wanted too. The problem started happening less and less, and luckily for the past month and a half the light has been consistent. i really hope that EAS has stepped up the quality of this product, because i sincerely feel like i spent $300 for rubbish. was not worth me changing my OEM lights at all
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #14
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Real class act move.

We have taken over all manufacturing & distributing for AIB. Please contact me directly if you should have any questions or concerns on your kit and I do my best to pick up where AIB left off.
Hmmm. I have sent a couple of emails to you regarding my concerns for previous version of AIB specifically your v3 and parts to fix them. I have yet to get a straight answer. Tom, I am well aware you guys do great work and contribute allot to this community, and as a local I am very happy to have you guys around, but I have had 2 bad experiences with your product and now it left a bitter taste, especially now that I can not get any response from my questions. feel free to PM me on this matter and I hope you will.

Thanks,
Jorge
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #15
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Really happy with my LUX

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
boxim
Private
Rep

thanks

Thanks EAS and LUX ill keep both in mind if i start experiencing problems again, hopefully i won't though. i have to say that dealing with the guys from customangeleyes.com was frustrating, i could never get them on the phone, so good customer service and fast responses are appreciated

here's a pic with AIB v3.0 for comparison
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #17
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxim View Post
Thanks EAS and LUX ill keep both in mind if i start experiencing problems again, hopefully i won't though. i have to say that dealing with the guys from customangeleyes.com was frustrating, i could never get them on the phone, so good customer service and fast responses are appreciated

here's a pic with AIB v3.0 for comparison
I do not have an email from you, can you please resend?

Contact information is in my signature.

In the meantime, here's a review from a local M3 owner that AIB 4.0 was installed yesterday morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Sheikh View Post
Hey guys,

So i'm very new to this forum thing and i just discovered it a year after having my m3 ahaha. Anyway, today i installed my AngeliBright v4.0, and in my personal opinion they look really nice. I know people have brought up concerns with the brightness of the angels in broad sunlight. The truth is that they are not distinctly bright, but they are still visible. The true glory of the lights come out during the evening and at night. These lights have a very slick and look elegant during the day and turn into eye candy at night. And that is exactly what i was looking for. I have posted pictures in the EAS garage, in broad daylight, in the shade and in my garage with the lights off.

I'd also like to go over the friendliness of all the staff at EAS. They are very welcoming and put your best interest first. The pricing is competitive and they do excellent quality work. If anything goes wrong you know you can bring it right back and they will fix it up for you. They are defiantly people I trust with my car, and that's a big deal. I'd also like to give a shout out to Tom for helping me today and making this a great experience. Tom, I really appreciate all the work you did today. Thank you.

In conclusion, for those of you debating between Lux's AiB's and all the other lights out there.. the lights you should get depend on the look your going for. If you want the super bright halos that you can clearly see during the day and have an intensity of light during the night, go with Lux. If you want that elegant look during the day, and eye candy at night, go with AiB. I hope this helps. Enjoy the pictures =)

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #18
boxim
Private
Rep

sorry Tom, what i meant was, the guys i was dealing with before had horrible customer service. i'm sure it would be 10 times better with EAS, just because your responses to the posts on the forums are so timely... i do not have any issues at the moment but if the light acts up again i will contact you. and awsome pics btw
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

So they're dimmer than Lux? Pass.
      10-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
needboost21
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

^^ You would need the same camera, same ambient lighting to make that determination.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #21
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

I've always had good service from EAS. I am about to pull the trigger on AiBright 4.0 too, but after reading this thread by the OP, not so sure now. I realized that the Lux are probably going to be brighter, but that is not really my biggest concern. If they are at least as bright as the OEM amber ones, I'd be okay with that. If they are dimmer, then I am out for sure. But the the potential "static" issue and or the uneven lighting issue do concern me. Not sure at this point if I am going to pick up the AiBright 4.0....after almost being 100% a few days ago

I hate the outdated amber haloes. Got to do something!

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0