E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Why I Will Never Buy I-Forged Again

04-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
MikeM5
Future Classic
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW / Porsche

Thumbs down Why I Will Never Buy I-Forged Again

So I had placed my wheel order for a set of their 1-piece track edition wheels, the TE-10s, back in December/January. Although they took much longer than the projected six weeks, I was happy to receive them. However, when the wheels/tires were all being mounted and balanced by IND, who have always taken great care and pride in my previous cars (as well as every other's I've known), they discovered that one wheel was grossly out of round. Upon closer inspection, it did seem that the wheel arrived bent from UPS. I soon after spoke to my salesguy about this, and was told to file a UPS claim.

The wheel was picked up from my house and shipped back to I-Forged. I had not heard anything from I-Forged for 4-5 days after I had shipped the wheel, so I figured I'd give them a call to make sure it had arrived. I spoke to Ace@I-Forged and he said he'd confirm that the wheel arrived. I asked him to give me a call/e-mail when he found out, but received no communication from him...even after calling several times and e-mailing him directly.

After that, I called their main number and spoke with Peter. He was able to confirm that the wheel had arrived. FINALLY some communication. I asked him to call me back when he had an update as to whether the wheel had gone into production yet (since it was a 1-pc they had to make a new one). He called me back, but only said that he was unsure if the wheel had been cut yet, but the whole process should take 2-3 weeks in total "maybe sooner". I said great and asked to just keep me informed. Unfortunately after that exchange, no further communication was received from Peter.

At this point I was getting extremely frustrated with the situation and spoke to my sales guy. It had been over a week now without I-Forged talking to me and I was starting to consider looking for different options. I also posted my displeasure with their service in another I-Forged thread. Out of respect for my sales guy, however, I deleted my post since he said it would be a shame if they took longer just on the account that they saw your post. He said he would talk to the right people and get to the bottom of this.

My sales guy was able to retrieve that by now, the wheel had gone through the cutting phase and was moving along. Updates came few and far between, despite the fact that Dan told me he was harassing them so I would have as many updates as possible about the status of the wheel. After 3 weeks passed, which was the initial completion window given to me by Peter, I was wondering where the wheel was. My sales guy extracted that the wheel was at the finisher and I could expect it "at the end of the week, early next week". I was excited for this and thinking that I could trust that expectation, I rented out some studio lighting and asked some of my photographers if they'd like to join in to shoot the car.

Unfortunately, the wheel did not come. After speaking with my sales guy after Monday, he said he had news - "good news...your wheel will be done at the end of the week, early next week". I followed by saying, that's the same thing I heard last week. He said "its the same status because thats what they are shooting for...once at the finisher thats the only update they can get"...which i was skeptical to believe. It seemed that I-Forged was feeding my sales guy ANY information just to give me something to hear...even if it was clearly B.S.

The latest update was that it was going to be done, again, either Friday or Monday (Monday being yesterday). I took the opportunity to discuss my displeasure of the situation with my sales guy for some time. I told him that I was utterly appalled by how HORRIBLE I-Forged customer service was STILL. I told him that it was ridiculous to think that a company who not only had consistent problems with customer service, but was "trying" to revamp their negative image, would be feeding me information that was clearly untrue. As a result, I had wasted time and money in the process. I even scheduled days off to get the wheel put on, which after finding out the wheel wasn't coming, I wasted. And in my field, it is extremely difficult to get a day off. Even further, I spoke to my sales guy about getting I-Forged to cover overnight shipping to get me my wheel as soon as possible...thinking they'd want to please their already pissed off customer. No. They wanted me to PAY FOR MY OWN SHIPPING. Now everyone knows that even if UPS bent the wheel, the shipper is responsible for shipping - not the customer. At that point I also told him I spoke to my credit card company to dispute the charges. He said that he (ModCity) was 100% affected by the dispute, not I-Forged. I then commented that if I-Forged was truly unaffected, then my $155 overnight shipping should be approved without hesitation...especially after spending nearly $3,000 on their product.

In any case, neither deadline, again, was met. my sales guy told me that a wheel can take up to 6 weeks at the finisher sometimes, so I should be patient. Well, a.) if they would have told me a more accurate completion window from the start, I wouldn't be as upset and b.) if one wheel has spent 2 weeks at the finisher while they were "rushing the wheel"...and it usually takes 6 weeks to complete a whole set (which would result in 8 weeks at the finisher alone), it begs the question how much they are really rushing. Again, another example of not going the extra mile to please a customer. After this, I told him I would be posting my displeasure with I-Forged on several forums. Apparently they told him that "threatening will not get the wheel done any faster". Well honestly, that wasn't why I wanted to share my experience...because from everything he and I tried, NOTHING would get the wheel done faster anyway. I-Forged seems to just move at their own pace without regard for customer service. I wanted to post my experience so people know what to expect when issues arise with an I-Forged product.

Anyway, it was then said that it was going to be done 100% by Monday or Tuesday (today).

I have finally received word that the wheel is done. But I-Forged has still given NO official word about whether they will cover the $155 overnight shipping charge...despite all my complaints and my sales guy's hard work. Many people feel that the wheels should have been offered at some sort of discount because of the fiasco this has become. I-Forged seems unwilling to do so either. A friend had experienced similar issues with I-Forged several years ago. They had agreed to discount his wheels 50% for the hassle it had caused him. Apparently even nowadays, doing that much is beyond the reach of their company.

In closing, I ordered these wheels because of my sales guy's amazing help in my decision-making and do not regret dealing with him. I would have never considered I-Forged considering their horrible reputation for service (and product at times), but I figured by now they had changed their tune. In a lot of ways, I regret ever looking this direction.

Melbourne E90 M3 | Jet Black E46 M3 | Techno E36 M3 | 997.2 C2S | 958 Cayenne GTS

Last edited by MikeM5; 04-22-2008 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
BB
n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Sucks dude, sorry to hear that.
      04-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Not the first time i heard how poorly Iforged deals with customers. Sorry you had to go through this.
      04-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
omg516
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Sucks, if I were you I'd never buy from them again either.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #5
fedinand
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3, '11 GTI

Having had the horrible experience w/ BavDom, I take these posts very seriously now. Thanks for the heads up...I don't think I'll be doing business w/ them if I ever need a another set of forged wheels.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
That sucks man. Sorry to hear.

You would think a company that takes such a lot time to get out a product would reduce their product imperfections. However, from all wehave heard of their quality on here shows a different story. And a good company makes sure that a customer waiting on a repair or new wheel gets taken care of first and foremost. With as much care, precision, and gratitude toward the customer as possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
b335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i, 2012 f10 535i

Shit happens bud!! Gotta also keep in mind your not their only customer, they are making wheels for many people!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

well you just made my decision ALOT easier maybe if they do something to right there wrong with you I would consider there product but yea I mean how many ppl paying this kind of money on these vehicles and mods have time to be Dicked around???? you handled this alot better than I would have trust me!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #9
RyanDe680
Investor Relations
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Not the first time i heard how poorly Iforged deals with customers. Sorry you had to go through this.
+1

After 5 years, I still would not go near iForged.

Vince couldn't manage customer service then and he still can't now.
      04-22-2008, 04:16 PM   #10
scooby9
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 BMW 335xi

What an ordeal... I'll stick with TireRack and their manufacturers for now...
      04-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by b335i View Post
Shit happens bud!! Gotta also keep in mind your not their only customer, they are making wheels for many people!!!!
We also know that they are not the only wheel manufacturer.

I would avoid I-Forged like the plague. No sense giving our hard earned money to businesses that don't invest in customer service.
      04-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
non of the iforgery crap for me
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 04:35 PM   #13
dhan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 TiAg E92 335i

Not many companies value good quality customer service these days. Anyone who knows the retail business should know that customer service can sell any ok product but even the best products won't sell with bad service. Good luck on your next set of wheels.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 05:01 PM   #14
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

This is why their known as I-Forgery... this is like 7-8 yrs of the same ole stories about them and their customer service. Stay far far away guys!!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #15
gtrokin330
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: TT

these kinda posts make me not look forward to gettin my essens
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #16
Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: jet black 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
fuck iforged. Europeanautosource CSL replicas!! FTW
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 05:14 PM   #17
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

I had no idea iForged had such a bad rep. Sorry about your troubles, MikeM5
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrokin330 View Post
these kinda posts make me not look forward to gettin my essens
Cancel your order bro i'll set you up with my boy over at DPE!!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #19
LOLrance
The Law.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
This is why their known as I-Forgery... this is like 7-8 yrs of the same ole stories about them and their customer service. Stay far far away guys!!
+100000. I've been hearing about these iforgery stories forever and i cant believe even now they have not fixed their customer service problems. Lets not even get into the hit or miss as far as quality of the wheels.
      04-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #20
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

man. i love these posts. fuck iforged. they don't even make their own wheels, their wheels are made by the company that made HRE's wheels before HRE started making their wheels in house. aka... the people who made HRE's wheels over 10 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #21
imolazhp_ci
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

by the way, they are called iforgery because all their designs are ripoffs of other designs, not because of their customer service.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #22
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
+100000. I've been hearing about these iforgery stories forever and i cant believe even now they have not fixed their customer service problems. Lets not even get into the hit or miss as far as quality of the wheels.
Yeah it's a shame I've been a moderator on E46Fanatics for years and can't tell you how many posts had to be removed thru the years and members venting via PM's to me about their products!! Truly frustrating....
Appreciate 0