E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Solved: Lux H8 feel too loose when installed.

01-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Shinchan
LED Rules
Rep
Drives: Sold: 335xi Coupe

Smile Solved: Lux H8 feel too loose when installed.

For those of you with Lux h8 and feel its too loose after installed into the car.

Mine was installed on my X5 which wasn't officially support by MDS's Lux H8. The bulb fit in perfectly with X5. But the only problem I fear was that the bulbs has been not tight enough even after it was fully turned.

After some experiment with different o-ring, i found a best fit solution for this.

Its a very tiny o-ring for fixing the faucet. SO tiny that you would not think it will fit or work.

After carefully insert the o-ring using a tiny flat head screw driver to avoid all soldering. Use you hand after it pass the LED and soldering to roll it down the neck of the LUX. Use the Flat head and carefully fit the o-ring over 3 H8 tab.

Insert the Lux H8 back, and you will feel the difference that tiny o-ring brings.
Attached Images

01-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
CPI
403_e39
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2003 ///M5

Garage List
Awesome! Thanks for the detailed pics. I will have to try this out. I'll to go to a hardware store and see if I can find a small one.

||KWVI Coilovers||Matte Black Grille||28% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||H&S Exhaust||Exotics Tuning Lip||Slimmbones Rear Diffuser II||AngelIBright V3 Angel Eyes|| Fog light covers||UUC RK6 Shift Knob||
Appreciate 0