E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Is this the CBS light?

02-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Is this the CBS light?

My car shows me the classic car on a hoist:

It says its due in 700km | 06/2013. I checked with the stalk and listed below the service items and km. Is this the vehicle inspection light saying "everything" needs to be looked over?

Item - KM
Spark Plugs - 70,000km
Brake Fluid - 07/2012
Front Brakes - 35,000
Oil - 23,000 (needs to be changed - its been 6000km)
Rear Brakes - 17,000
Microfilter (?) - 8000km
Car on Hoist - 700km|06/2013

Thanks,
Jimmy.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep

Based on research on the forum - this person states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
30,000 Mile Inspection - This is the famous "Yellow Car on Lift" symbol. It comes up every 30,000 miles and is just a general inspection of the car. If you keep on top of the operating conditions of your car, you can just reset the indicator and not take the car in to BMW for inspection. If you do take it in, the dealer will look over the car, check for tire wear, rust, ripped CV boot covers, loose wheel bearings, etc. and check for fault codes in the various control modules throughout the car.
So since I do have everything up to par, can I reset this and just forget about it? Please advise.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

As Eninty posted, that symbol is apparently the periodic Inspection which (in the US, at least) is included in the covered maintenance. It is purely mileage based rather than CBS, coming up every 30,000 miles (50,000 km). IIRC, the Warranty/Service manual may give details.

Since we have a rust/corrosion warranty, I believe the dealership needs to perform this inspection to keep it in force - but you might double check with them.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 05:13 AM   #4
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
As Eninty posted, that symbol is apparently the periodic Inspection which (in the US, at least) is included in the covered maintenance. It is purely mileage based rather than CBS, coming up every 30,000 miles (50,000 km). IIRC, the Warranty/Service manual may give details.

Since we have a rust/corrosion warranty, I believe the dealership needs to perform this inspection to keep it in force - but you might double check with them.

Tom
If you've ever read the details on the corrosion warranty, it says you have to have the underpanels removed and the underside of the body washed (presumably by BMW) according to a BMW procedure in order to maintain the 10-year corrosion warranty. The 30K inspection doesn't cover the cleaning procedure.

To the OP, if you think every thing is up to snuff, then go ahead and reset the notification using the service reset procedure provided in the DIY section.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
If you've ever read the details on the corrosion warranty, it says you have to have the underpanels removed and the underside of the body washed (presumably by BMW) according to a BMW procedure in order to maintain the 10-year corrosion warranty. The 30K inspection doesn't cover the cleaning procedure.

To the OP, if you think every thing is up to snuff, then go ahead and reset the notification using the service reset procedure provided in the DIY section.
awesome, thank you
Appreciate 0