E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > *The Official P90x Progress/Motivation Thread*

04-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #375
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill@Tirerack.com View Post
Graduation Day!!

It's been a long 3 months but it's been well worth it. I hope you all are still "pushing play."

Congrats Pics or it didn't happen hehe
I've stopped pushing play a long time ago....... cuz mine is set to auto-rewind!

Satisfied with the results?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #376
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
Congrats Gill!! how would you describe your results?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Congrats Pics or it didn't happen hehe
I've stopped pushing play a long time ago....... cuz mine is set to auto-rewind!

Satisfied with the results?
Thanks guys, I am happy with the results. I was very hard work and it was a grind at the end but I'm happy I saw it through. I wanted to get into great cardio shape, lose a few pounds and do some work on my stomach. I'm happy to say I succeeded at all three.

I try to run some 5k's in the summer and I wanted to see if I could get in fantastic cardio shape before the running season kicked off. I went out on Sat. to run a route that I trained on all last year and beat my best time from last summer by over a half minute. There is no way I could have dreamed of doing that this early without the hard work done over the winter.

My weight loss was 8%. My quads and calves have not been in this kind of shape since high school track and that's been...um....well....a long time ago. In week 12 I was able to do well over double the amount of total pull ups in the Leg and Back routine compared to week one. I really hate pull ups so I was pretty stoked about this.

I'm going to continue the ab ripper throughout the year 3 days a week and I'm working on making pull ups part of my *somewhat* normal lifting routine. I don't want to lose what I've gained in these areas.

Jan 1, 2011. Going for the repeat.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #377
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Im thinking of taking yoga out and replaceing it with cardio x or plyo..?

thoughts..

I love yoga, it feels great. But I feel as if I can do more and work harder to gain results.

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #378
bassholic
Rep
Drives: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
Im thinking of taking yoga out and replaceing it with cardio x or plyo..?

thoughts..

I love yoga, it feels great. But I feel as if I can do more and work harder to gain results.
I have not done yoga once
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #379
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
I have not done yoga once
Neither do I. Only time I do yoga is for stretching post cardio or if I do that cardio workout on p90x.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #380
TTexan
Verizon Expert
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JB 335i

Alright, well I figured I'd post some pics, technically I guess I'm 45 days in. I missed a few days due to coughing up a lung, but other than that I've been doing most of it. The diet has been doing pretty well.

I'm open for criticism, I don't know how I should look at this point. I am stronger, I still suck at pull ups. Sigh, be nice. First two pics are from Day 1.

Sorry for the large first two photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:32 AM   #381
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Heres a update of my bicep etc...
Attached Images

- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 12:50 AM   #382
Ovalcram
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Whoa just found this thread! Congrats to those who have been doing this. I was always in decent shape until i started college. I gained about 60 pounds and was disgusted with how I looked. I joined a gym and went 5-7 days a week for a year straight then cut down to 4-5 days a week til now. It's been almost 2 years and I've lost about 50 pounds of that and I feel great! I know it's tough but in the end it's worth it!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #383
J330
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 330i

I got a copy of P90x from a friend and when I mean copy I mean copy. Its 2 disk and photocopy of the papers. So I put the disk in and I did ab ripper x and back/biceps but I just feel like I am missing something and I am tempted to just buy it from p90xs site.

Not pulling the trigger yet but heres what p90x site says:
Today you will be billed $59.90 plus any tax if applicable
If you choose to keep the product,
30 days from today you will be billed $39.95
A final $39.95 will be billed 30 days after that

P90X® Extreme Training system with 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee + FREE Upgrade to Express Delivery in continental U.S.--normally an additional $15.00(billed 3 x $39.95)

seem right?

2004 Silverado CC 4x4
2007 Kawa Zx10r

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #384
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J330 View Post
I got a copy of P90x from a friend and when I mean copy I mean copy. Its 2 disk and photocopy of the papers. So I put the disk in and I did ab ripper x and back/biceps but I just feel like I am missing something and I am tempted to just buy it from p90xs site.

Not pulling the trigger yet but heres what p90x site says:
Today you will be billed $59.90 plus any tax if applicable
If you choose to keep the product,
30 days from today you will be billed $39.95
A final $39.95 will be billed 30 days after that

P90X® Extreme Training system with 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee + FREE Upgrade to Express Delivery in continental U.S.--normally an additional $15.00(billed 3 x $39.95)

seem right?
One thing you have to realize is, P90X is some what a scam in a way. They lie and tell people only 3 easy payments for teh DVD'd not including anything else. its funny cuz, 24 hour fitness offeres 1 year membership for only 200$ from Costco. So you can walk into 24 hours and workout 24 hours a day if you wanted for one year.

Using all their machines which whould cost millions if you had to buy them. Where P90X fucks you over is buying the other stuff. I spent well over 250$ just ony weights! and I still have to buy more! not including resistance bands and pull up bars. Not including the 120$ for the DVD's from their website.

It all adds up to be 100x more then the gym! The only thing thats holding me in, is the 90 day plan they promise you will see. THATS IT!

The the only thing thats holding me in.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #385
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
One thing you have to realize is, P90X is some what a scam in a way. They lie and tell people only 3 easy payments for teh DVD'd not including anything else. its funny cuz, 24 hour fitness offeres 1 year membership for only 200$ from Costco. So you can walk into 24 hours and workout 24 hours a day if you wanted for one year.

Using all their machines which whould cost millions if you had to buy them. Where P90X fucks you over is buying the other stuff. I spent well over 250$ just ony weights! and I still have to buy more! not including resistance bands and pull up bars. Not including the 120$ for the DVD's from their website.

It all adds up to be 100x more then the gym! The only thing thats holding me in, is the 90 day plan they promise you will see. THATS IT!

The the only thing thats holding me in.

Shoulda used limewire to download the DVDs! $250 is pretty steep to spend on weights. I guess you either bought a whole rack set or one of those SelectTech adjustable dumbbell systems? Those are nice to have but not really necessary to do p90x IMO. I just went out and bought all my stuff from walmart. I spent $40 on free weights (the kind with handles and clips on the end so you can slide weights on and off as needed), $10 on resistance bands and $30 on the pullup bar that offers standard, narrow and wide grips. Oh and $15 on an exercise/yoga mat. Nothing fancy but it does the trick...

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 09:08 PM   #386
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coh4777 View Post
Shoulda used limewire to download the DVDs! $250 is pretty steep to spend on weights. I guess you either bought a whole rack set or one of those SelectTech adjustable dumbbell systems? Those are nice to have but not really necessary to do p90x IMO. I just went out and bought all my stuff from walmart. I spent $40 on free weights (the kind with handles and clips on the end so you can slide weights on and off as needed), $10 on resistance bands and $30 on the pullup bar that offers standard, narrow and wide grips. Oh and $15 on an exercise/yoga mat. Nothing fancy but it does the trick...
Oh my friend, I did use limewire. IM talking about the people who didnt. I bought regular weights on 2 different weights, it came out to 120$ and 15$ resistance bands. And as I got into P90X deeper, I bought more weight.

Those adjustable weight set is 350$ at Costco. And I believe the weight only come to 1lb -50lb thats it

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #387
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Random stuff I've been doing off of working out at the gym/home for you guys. Last Saturday I did the cn tower climb in Toronto. If you guys don't know what the cn tower is, just wiki it Finished the climb (1776 stairsteps) in 17min 40sec! Pretty proud of myself but wish I did it under the 15min mark. Glad to have been a part of the fundraiser :P

Was at the gym twice today. 2nd time around, had a plank-a-thon with the trainers and other ppl there who were working out. Came in top 3 and was in plank position around 6min 30sec. It's 3 hours after the the competition but I'm still feeling the effects of it in my lower back and core The last 2 people lasted almost 9 freaking minutes!!! I got it all on camera so when I have some time, I'll post it online for all of you to see

A friend of mine wants to a month's worth of MMA training in the summer time....... I love MMA and all but I've seen their training...... Shit ain't right! I'll have to think about that one lol

Keep active and stay positive ya'll
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #388
bassholic
Rep

day 90

Last edited by bassholic; 04-26-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #389
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Nice man.

I'm on week 4 still, I missed 2 days this week which sucks... back on it in a few minutes.

I have to start trying to eat better still - not seeing the results I want around the mid section, but that's the price you pay for goooood fooood.
      04-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #390
bassholic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Nice man.

I'm on week 4 still, I missed 2 days this week which sucks... back on it in a few minutes.

I have to start trying to eat better still - not seeing the results I want around the mid section, but that's the price you pay for goooood fooood.

I don't know what you look like, but i didn't have the cleanest eating habits. If i did the midsection would be more cleaned up. I might up some cardio and possibly watch food for a month. DOubt it though heading into the summer
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 10:06 PM   #391
mdrivera
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 Deep Green Metallic

Anybody willing to send out the workout? Tried to dl it but school has an annoying limit on size/week. I'll cover the shipping and materials!! THanks and keep up the good work everyone--impressed with the commitment and looking to join you guys soon!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #392
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassholic View Post
day 90
Congrats!

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #393
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Nice man.

I hear you. I think the diet aspect of p90x (and really fitness in general) is harder than the physical training. I'm definitely eating way healthier than I used to, but my sweet tooth still gets me sometimes. To counter any bad eating habits, I do extra cardio on top of the p90x program. I do the workouts in the morning and at nights I do light cardio (2-3 mile easy jog) and the ab ripper if it is scheduled for that day. Recently I've also been working in some hard interval runs becuase i'm getting bored of the jogs! I'm midway through the phase 2 recovery week and little by little my abs, chest and arms are getting more defined. I'm hoping to have a true 6-pack by the end of the program...

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #394
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Below
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #395
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

P90x update

Sup guys haven't posted in awhile. Right when I was about to post my day 0 pics my laptop got a virus, so I sent it out and haven't received it yet.
Any who wanted to share my stats.
Day 1 190 pounds and 24 bf. Measured with calipers by my physician. I'm currently on day 20ish. Weighed myself after breakfast this morning and weighed 177. My stomach h hasn't been this flat in 3 years, so that's pretty exciting. Ill be starting month two soon and plan on upping my weights cuz I want mass. Oh yea and I'm 6'1 and doing the Classic version. Good luck guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #396
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Starting my plan tomorrow guys I'm determined ass hell right now.

Got somre pretty good before pics. Can't wait to see what l'll look like in 90days
Appreciate 0