E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > WTB: 2008 335i Sedan - Virginia [Updated]

04-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

WTB: 2008 335i Sedan - Virginia [Updated]

Name: Brian Williams
Means of Contact: PM or Post in thread
Description: I'm interested in picking up my first BMW.

Details:
• 2008 335i
• Sedan (E90)
• Auto
• Low miles
• Alpine White, Sparking Graphite, LeMans Blue, or Montego Blue
• Black interior
• Sport/premium/cold weather would be nice but open to others
• Maintenance records/logs & receipts included
• As close to stock as possible but will consider if mods are tasteful
• No mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, or other major issues (the cleaner the better)

Please provide quality pictures to show accurate condition of the vehicle. I am willing to drive for the right vehicle, within reason.

Additional contact information can be provided if a potential sale is found.

I am new the BMWs and am still learning so if there's anything I've listed that is incorrect, please PM me so I can fix it. I appreciate any feedback.

Respectfully,
Brian

Last edited by 1OF723; 04-21-2013 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
emackin
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 e92

I have a 2011 e90 slightly modded I'm in va beach shoot me a text a 2524214025 if your interested
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #3
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emackin View Post
I have a 2011 e90 slightly modded I'm in va beach shoot me a text a 2524214025 if your interested
emackin,

Thanks for your post. I am only interested in a 2008. If I change my mind I will reach out to you.

Respectfully,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
cormeister616
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

How about a 2007 335i e90 with 63,000 miles. Very clean, clean carfax, all records, etc. titanium silver on gray Dakota. Sport/premium/cold weather packages. Does not have nav (thank god). Curious though, why specifically 2008? And are you sure you want nav? Usually people try and stay away from the 1st gen nav, it's terrible and difficult to use. I always just use my phone for nav. Anyways, let me know if you'd like to see some pictures. It's not modded at all, just a few BMW (oem) accessories.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormeister616 View Post
How about a 2007 335i e90 with 63,000 miles. Very clean, clean carfax, all records, etc. titanium silver on gray Dakota. Sport/premium/cold weather packages. Does not have nav (thank god). Curious though, why specifically 2008? And are you sure you want nav? Usually people try and stay away from the 1st gen nav, it's terrible and difficult to use. I always just use my phone for nav. Anyways, let me know if you'd like to see some pictures. It's not modded at all, just a few BMW (oem) accessories.
Cormeister,

Thanks for your post. Sorry for my unclear post about why I want an '08. I have a friend who owns a 335i and he told me to stay clear of the '07s because of LSD issues and a few other things that were fixed in '08 models. Thanks for the feedback on the NAV. I could probably live without it if it's known to have issues. That's good information to know as I wasn't aware. I'm also looking for something with lower miles, which I understand is harder to find.

Just out of curiosity, would you be able to PM me pictures or a link to your FS?

Respectfully,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Updated my first post for better chances. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Learning a lot.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
cormeister616
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818579

I work at a BMW store in Savannah, GA. I've never heard of LSD issues. Definitely haven't had any issues with my car with the exception of the water pump, but those typically go around 60,000 miles on these cars (328/335 2006 - 2011), I just had mine changed. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OF723 View Post
Cormeister,

Thanks for your post. Sorry for my unclear post about why I want an '08. I have a friend who owns a 335i and he told me to stay clear of the '07s because of LSD issues and a few other things that were fixed in '08 models. Thanks for the feedback on the NAV. I could probably live without it if it's known to have issues. That's good information to know as I wasn't aware. I'm also looking for something with lower miles, which I understand is harder to find.

Just out of curiosity, would you be able to PM me pictures or a link to your FS?

Respectfully,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818579

I work at a BMW store in Savannah, GA. I've never heard of LSD issues. Definitely haven't had any issues with my car with the exception of the water pump, but those typically go around 60,000 miles on these cars (328/335 2006 - 2011), I just had mine changed. Let me know.
Cormeister,

Thanks for your post. That's a beautiful 335i. May I ask why you are selling it? Also, if I was to be interested what would we do about the distance? I am willing to drive but you're about 7-8 hours south of me. Are there any shipping options you know of? Or possible meeting half way?

Respectfully,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
cormeister616
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks Brian! I have zero need to sell it. I have no issues with the car, runs just as great as the day I bought it and is still just as clean. Car has been paid off for a couple of years now. Only reason I am looking to sell it is because I'm getting the itch for a change. I'm looking at 335i e92 LCI's (so obviously not looking for too much change). I can definitely work something out with meeting somewhere, or possibly having it delivered. Let me know if you want me to send you the carfax, vehicle history, etc. thanks Brian.

Cory

Quote:
Cormeister,

Thanks for your post. That's a beautiful 335i. May I ask why you are selling it? Also, if I was to be interested what would we do about the distance? I am willing to drive but you're about 7-8 hours south of me. Are there any shipping options you know of? Or possible meeting half way?

Respectfully,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Brian! I have zero need to sell it. I have no issues with the car, runs just as great as the day I bought it and is still just as clean. Car has been paid off for a couple of years now. Only reason I am looking to sell it is because I'm getting the itch for a change. I'm looking at 335i e92 LCI's (so obviously not looking for too much change). I can definitely work something out with meeting somewhere, or possibly having it delivered. Let me know if you want me to send you the carfax, vehicle history, etc. thanks Brian.

Cory
Cory,

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to get more information from my friend on the issues he was referring to when he said to only stick with the '08's. I'm blown away on how clean your car is. My biggest worry about moving into a BMW is the maintenance costs but a lot of that has to do with how the previous owners treat the car and it shows that you've treated yours the right way.

I spoke to my wife about your car and she seemed very interested which is always a plus. Hopefully I'll have some good news soon.

Thanks,
Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
cormeister616
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cory,

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to get more information from my friend on the issues he was referring to when he said to only stick with the '08's. I'm blown away on how clean your car is. My biggest worry about moving into a BMW is the maintenance costs but a lot of that has to do with how the previous owners treat the car and it shows that you've treated yours the right way.

I spoke to my wife about your car and she seemed very interested which is always a plus. Hopefully I'll have some good news soon.

Thanks,
Brian
Cool yeah let me know. Car has been treated very well and I think that really shows from the way it looks and the way it drives. I'd be curious to know what he's referring to as well since of course I have a 2007, and since I'm not aware of the issues. Like I said, they all have the water pump issue (mine was just replaced over a month ago), and the high pressure fuel pump (which has been replaced under the recall). Mine does not have the recent battery cable recall that I believe the 2008 - 2011 have.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cool yeah let me know. Car has been treated very well and I think that really shows from the way it looks and the way it drives. I'd be curious to know what he's referring to as well since of course I have a 2007, and since I'm not aware of the issues. Like I said, they all have the water pump issue (mine was just replaced over a month ago), and the high pressure fuel pump (which has been replaced under the recall). Mine does not have the recent battery cable recall that I believe the 2008 - 2011 have.
Cory,

He just messaged me back and I apologize for my incorrect information. He said there isn't an issue with the rear end but he doesn't like the welded differential in the '07 and he says it was changed in the '08s. I'm trying to get more information from him as well since I don't know a lot about these cars.

Do you have all the maintenance records & receipts? I assume all the work has been done by BMW since you work there. Also is there any warranty left by chance?

Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #13
cormeister616
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cory,

He just messaged me back and I apologize for my incorrect information. He said there isn't an issue with the rear end but he doesn't like the welded differential in the '07 and he says it was changed in the '08s. I'm trying to get more information from him as well since I don't know a lot about these cars.

Do you have all the maintenance records & receipts? I assume all the work has been done by BMW since you work there. Also is there any warranty left by chance?

Brian
I wonder if he doesn't like it based upon working on it, or based upon modding it. I'm sure the average or even knowledge car guys/BMW guys would not have a clue to any difference (myself included). Do you plan on modding the car or anything? I'm thinking it wouldn't be any issue at all, I'm sure not worried about that, even if I decided to keep my car for a few more years. I have most of the receipts from service, definitely everything when BMW covered it. Some of the recent stuff like the water pump, oil change, brake flush, coolant flush, brakes, I've paid one of the senior BMW techs to do after hours. So it was all done by a BMW tech, but I don't have the "labor" receipts, just the receipt from the parts counter.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #14
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wonder if he doesn't like it based upon working on it, or based upon modding it. I'm sure the average or even knowledge car guys/BMW guys would not have a clue to any difference (myself included). Do you plan on modding the car or anything? I'm thinking it wouldn't be any issue at all, I'm sure not worried about that, even if I decided to keep my car for a few more years. I have most of the receipts from service, definitely everything when BMW covered it. Some of the recent stuff like the water pump, oil change, brake flush, coolant flush, brakes, I've paid one of the senior BMW techs to do after hours. So it was all done by a BMW tech, but I don't have the "labor" receipts, just the receipt from the parts counter.
Cory,

His concern was for upgrades/modifications. I don't plan on doing a ton to the car that would cause any issues that I can foresee. I wouldn't mind adding a few upgrades to the car but I don't plan to go insane. It's going to be my daily driver unless it's bad out then I will drive my F150.

I can understand that situation with helping a technician do work on the side. I know I've been there and done that before.

I do want to do a little bit more research just to be safe but it sounds like a lot of major concerns have been addressed and I am interested in the car. The distance would be the next biggest hurdle since I'd want to test drive the car and look it over before purchasing it. I would just hate to waste either of our times / money, etc. I'm sure you can understand and agree to that.

Is there anything about the car that I need to know that hasn't already been discussed? Any upcoming changes hat should be addressed, etc? Just making sure.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
cormeister616
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Cory,

His concern was for upgrades/modifications. I don't plan on doing a ton to the car that would cause any issues that I can foresee. I wouldn't mind adding a few upgrades to the car but I don't plan to go insane. It's going to be my daily driver unless it's bad out then I will drive my F150.

I can understand that situation with helping a technician do work on the side. I know I've been there and done that before.

I do want to do a little bit more research just to be safe but it sounds like a lot of major concerns have been addressed and I am interested in the car. The distance would be the next biggest hurdle since I'd want to test drive the car and look it over before purchasing it. I would just hate to waste either of our times / money, etc. I'm sure you can understand and agree to that.

Is there anything about the car that I need to know that hasn't already been discussed? Any upcoming changes hat should be addressed, etc? Just making sure.

Brian
Fully understand, but I can promise you that if/when you take it out for a ride there would be no surprises (bad surprises anyway). I'll PM you my contact info if that makes it easier. And if you do come across any major issues with certain model years, let me know as I'd be interested too. As far as I'm concerned, my car has a long life before needing anything major done to it so I'm not worried at all (knock on wood, don't want to jinx myself here).
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #16
1OF723
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Cory,

I'll keep an eye out for your PM. Do you store the car in a garage? Unfortunately with my current townhouse I do not have a garage but I'll definitely spend a lot of time cleaning it if I was to get it. Or paying a local detailing company to maintain it. I can't wait to move into my next place but we just purchased this one in December. Anyways, thanks for all the information. I am going to have a talk with my wife tonight about what she thinks.

Brian
Appreciate 0