E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding Nightmare - Please Help

10-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
E92DEEBO
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Lightbulb Coding Nightmare - Please Help

Hi All.... I Have An '06 Bmw E92 325i Se Model That Had A Professional Cd Player Fitted From Factory....

I Decided To Do A Full Cic Business Nav Retrofit...

The Business Nav System Is Now In And Functioning On Every Level Except The Navigation....... I Tried Fitting An Emulator Onto The Loom And It Did Not Unlock The Navigation As It Should Have Done.

I Researched Ncs Expert And Some Guides To Changing The Vehicle Order (v/o) As Most Would Do I Have Gone Out And Tried To Code The Nav System To The Car But I Have Had No Joy Whatsoever. Instead I Have Managed To Make The Digital Readout For The Dual Climate Control Unit Stay Blank, The Background Still Illuminates And All Buttons Function But I Cant See The Numbers Or The Heater Bars ?????? Not Sure Why This Has Happened,,,,,,,,

Anyways, I Am Keen To Get The Navigation Functioning And Desperately Need Some Help As The Guides I Have Seen Are Confusing The Info Dependant On Who Is Writing The How To Guide....

I Would Appreciate Any Input From Any Of You That Have Either Done This Retrofit Or Have A Good Knowledge Of Coding And Can Advise Me How To Proceed.

Oh Yeah , A Little Twist Also......when First Installed The Nav Was Shaded Out In The Main Menu But After I Had It In For A Few Days And The Battery Had Been Discinnected The Nav System Worked, Only For Around Half An Hour Until The Car Car Was Switched Off. Then When Switched Back On Again I Tried To Enter The Nav And Was Told That The Nav Isnt There

I Hope Someone Can Help...... Thank You Very Much In Advance
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
E92DEEBO
Rep

quick update

hi again all, the funniest thing happened when i started the car up this morning, the air con display is showing the numbers again now and all is back to normal...... still no navigation functioning.

I purchased an emulator from ebay and it arrived....... wired it up as described by the supplier and the thing does not work :0(

very frustrating having something there that i know works (nav) b ut i cant use it grrrrrr please help or advise me
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Hmm you should add $609 and $6VA to FA (Vehicle Order) and run fa_write to CAS and NFRM.

Then code CIC and KOMBI to default with expertmode.

Also, if the vehicle is pre LCI you should change production date to #0908 #0910 (with combox).

Which emulator are you using?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92DEEBO
Hi All.... I Have An '06 Bmw E92 325i Se Model That Had A Professional Cd Player Fitted From Factory....

I Decided To Do A Full Cic Business Nav Retrofit...

The Business Nav System Is Now In And Functioning On Every Level Except The Navigation....... I Tried Fitting An Emulator Onto The Loom And It Did Not Unlock The Navigation As It Should Have Done.

I Researched Ncs Expert And Some Guides To Changing The Vehicle Order (v/o) As Most Would Do I Have Gone Out And Tried To Code The Nav System To The Car But I Have Had No Joy Whatsoever. Instead I Have Managed To Make The Digital Readout For The Dual Climate Control Unit Stay Blank, The Background Still Illuminates And All Buttons Function But I Cant See The Numbers Or The Heater Bars ?????? Not Sure Why This Has Happened,,,,,,,,

Anyways, I Am Keen To Get The Navigation Functioning And Desperately Need Some Help As The Guides I Have Seen Are Confusing The Info Dependant On Who Is Writing The How To Guide....

I Would Appreciate Any Input From Any Of You That Have Either Done This Retrofit Or Have A Good Knowledge Of Coding And Can Advise Me How To Proceed.

Oh Yeah , A Little Twist Also......when First Installed The Nav Was Shaded Out In The Main Menu But After I Had It In For A Few Days And The Battery Had Been Discinnected The Nav System Worked, Only For Around Half An Hour Until The Car Car Was Switched Off. Then When Switched Back On Again I Tried To Enter The Nav And Was Told That The Nav Isnt There

I Hope Someone Can Help...... Thank You Very Much In Advance
What your describing is normal. There are two modules that need to be told you put the nav in. The vehicle order must reflect the current devices in use. One module is the head unit itself (Rad2) I believe was your old one. Then you changed to nav (CIC). The RAD2, CIC both hold vehicle order. So when you put the nav in, the car used it until turned off. That's because the second module FRM also holds the vehicle order. If one unit fails the other is almost like a backup, so that all other modules still work independently. You must update the VO on your new CIC and also your existing FRM. Once the two have the same VO.......Joy!
      01-25-2015, 05:07 PM   #5
E92DEEBO
Rep

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 03:56 AM   #6
E92DEEBO
Rep

Is anyone local to hampshire that can code my car for me?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0