E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Good Price? CPO 2009 BMW 328i xDrive

04-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
Joels328i
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan

Thumbs up Good Price? CPO 2009 BMW 328i xDrive

Hello! I'm new here

I'm new here, I just put down a deposit on a Monaco Blue Metallic CPO 2009 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan. I am buying this car through the BMW FS College Graduate Program. - As soon as I found out about the program, I trolled BMWUSA for a CPO BMW that had everything I wanted. I really wanted navigation, and it was hard to find one with iDrive and a manual transmission.

This car has slightly more miles on it than I wanted at 57k, but I thought it was worth it for this price. My BMW dealer in Buffalo NY bought this car from a dealer MA. Said and done with shipping, the car is costing $25.5k.

The car is well equipped and has the following options:

-6-spd manual transmission
-Monaco Blue/Beige Leather
-Cold Weather Package
-Premium Package
-17" V-Spoke Wheels
-Light Burl Walnut Interior Trim
-Xenon Adaptive Headlights
-DVD-Based Navigation
-High-Definition Radio
-Logic 7 Sound
-iPod and USB adapter

Hopefully it will be shipped soon. The dealer arranged shipping last Friday and is waiting for a driver. Let me know your thoughts on this deal. I was previously driving a 2007 Saturn AURA XE, so this is a pretty big step up.

My dealer asked me if I would like to buy the maintenance upgrade on this car. Is it worth it? The car has four new tires because of the CPO, but he says brakes may need to be done at some point.

I'll post more as it gets closer and once the car arrives.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
diamondbimmer92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
You should maybe weigh your options before you buy the maintenance upgrade. For a 335 it may be worth it, but I'm not sure for a 328. I've had my cpo 335 for 4 months under the CPO/maintenance warranty and BMW has changed my brakes, brake sensors, oil, oil filter, filled up my windshield washer fluid, replace my air filter, replaced all spark plugs and wiper blades, all under warranty...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
nycbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 TiAg 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels328i View Post
My dealer asked me if I would like to buy the maintenance upgrade on this car. Is it worth it? The car has four new tires because of the CPO, but he says brakes may need to be done at some point.
you get 4 yrs of free maintenance beginning when the car was first put into service, so you might have some time left. Maintenance is done only as per the car computer. So lets say you are considering an additional 2 years of maintenance, you have to weigh how much maintenance you think you will need considering the kind of mileage you will likely do against the cost. For example, when I bought my CPO, I average about 12k per year. So as per the car computer during the following 2 years I would need at most 2 oil changes and maybe rear brakes, which cost less than the price of the extended maintenance plan.

Hope that makes sense
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
Joels328i
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joels328i View Post
you get 4 yrs of free maintenance beginning when the car was first put into service, so you might have some time left. Maintenance is done only as per the car computer. So lets say you are considering an additional 2 years of maintenance, you have to weigh how much maintenance you think you will need considering the kind of mileage you will likely do against the cost. For example, when I bought my CPO, I average about 12k per year. So as per the car computer during the following 2 years I would need at most 2 oil changes and maybe rear brakes, which cost less than the price of the extended maintenance plan.

Hope that makes sense
Thanks for the tip. When I get the car I will check this out with the computer. I still have some time to decide.