E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede V5 / PWM Meth / DCI Installed- First Impressions

10-10-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
ruphianh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335XI

Thumbs up Procede V5 / PWM Meth / DCI Installed- First Impressions

I installed the Vishnu Procede V5, DCI, and PWM meth kit this weekend.

Let me start off by saying this is the best single investment I've ever put on a car.

I've been involved with building cars for about 10 years. I have a 350HP CJ5 Jeep, I had a 610HP diesel truck, a 350HP Audi 1.8T, and now I have a 450-460HP BMW. So I'd like to think I've got a decent idea on what it takes to make a car move.

So here's the breakdown of how the power feels in my best try at describing it. You step on the gas in M2(cant do it in M1 unless you want to get your AWD sideways), and then you watch the Meth light turn on. Then about 250rpm later boost kicks in and the hand of God, pushes your car at such an incredible rate, that you actually get scared to continue. But you are like "screw it, lets go into 3rd" Then the best part happens, God is still there, pushing your car, you have no heat soak, you continue to haul a**. You no longer feel the weight of your car, you just feel the power pushing you faster than your body can really realize the power. Its difficult to describe. The amount of torque this thing has when you drop it to the next gear is insane. It blows by 120MPH without thinking twice.Its just perfect. It's crazy to think that all I needed was a DCI, a tune, and a meth kit to make 410HP to the wheels(if i had a rwd, I'm AWD) is amazing. I mean, this is easily the cleanest, safest, smoothest, most powerful HP/Dollar that you can buy.

This is the cleanest install, the smoothest tune, and the most engineered system I have ever put into a car, period. The car feels/runs/moves etc. like this is the way it came from the factory. No hiccups, no funky throttle maps, no jarring boost. Its literally perfect. Flawless. In all throttle positions the car is completely predictable. It is a seamless transition between when the meth is off, and the meth turns on. No odd power surges, no stuttering, just perfect transition.

Here's the coolest part, my car has 120k miles, and you wouldn't even know when you pushed the throttle down. Tranny shifts better than it did with the factory tune, and it runs smoother than it did before.

So just to verify how incredible this transformation was, I'm definitely going to be heading to an AWD dyno to see what the Stock vs. Tune vs. Meth tune puts down to the wheels. Its a mustang dyno in my local area, so the numbers it shows aren't as big as a dynoject, but It'll give me a good idea. After that, I'm probably going to go to the drag strips to see what kind of #'s I can get. I don't think getting into the 12's will be difficult after feeling that oomph.

Just thought I'd share. I'm going now, I have to go drive some more.

If you are on the fence about tune/meth, all I can say is you WILL NOT be dissapointed. The setup is worth every penny. TAKE THE PLUNGE. There isn't a single bad thing/regret I have.

Chris

Last edited by ruphianh; 10-10-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

That's a very accurate description except for one thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruphianh View Post
In all throttle positions the car is completely predictable.

Full throttle position =
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
ruphianh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilma View Post
That's a very accurate description except for one thing:

Full throttle position =
Haha. I stand corrected!

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
335okc
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 335

Lol glad you like it, im still waiting for mine should be shipping any day now
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #5
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

You step on the gas in M2 and then you watch the Meth light turn on. Then the hand of God, pushes your car at such an incredible rate, that you actually get scared to continue. But you are like "screw it, lets go into 3rd" Then the best part happens, God is still there, pushing your car, you have no heat soak, you continue to haul a**.
Thought id sum it up for those who dont read the whole thing LOL made my day
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
venom3469
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW/R 6MT 335i, YZF-R6.

Sweet deal man, I cant wait till I put some power down like that!
      10-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

I highly recomend you get catless downpipes.
Running that much boost through thos cats are really streefull on your turbos.
I have a tune only and my bext mod will be dps and dci to help the turbos breathe better.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:26 AM   #8
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
I have a tune only and my bext mod will be dps and dci to help the turbos breathe better.
This

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
ruphianh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

From what I've read in the pros cons for the bmw catless downpipes and my own experience of installing down pipes, for me personally, the value just isn't there. It takes the smoothness out of the ride. And the hp/dollar doesn't add up.

Just a personal take on it, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will say otherwise. Id rather save the money for new turbos/tranny.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
From what I've read in the pros cons for the bmw catless downpipes and my own experience of installing down pipes, for me personally, the value just isn't there. It takes the smoothness out of the ride. And the hp/dollar doesn't add up.

Just a personal take on it, I'm sure there are plenty of people who will say otherwise. Id rather save the money for new turbos/tranny.
i would do it, upgraded downpipes make a world of a differnce and were worth everydollar. not only power you will gain but faster spool up and better for your turbos. i dont think anyone has upgraded twins without downpipes.
      10-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

There is a lot of guys including myself who prefer sticking with stock DP's. The Intake/tune/Meth combo is the highest HP/dollar and the easiest install/uninstall for any dealer visits. I do understand those points about DP but its really not for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
Bmwguy11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

That's a pretty awesome review haha!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 06:20 PM   #13
EastBayE90
Formerly (-(ellblazer420
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i M/T, 15 F80 M3 DCT

Garage List
I love the hand of God description. So you loose traction on all 4 wheels in 1st. That has got to feel amazing. Let's hit up the drag strip at Sears Point soon before the season ends!!

(410whp 445ft/lbs | DCI + Meth Only)
OpenFlash OTS Stage 1 Flash | Vishnu PWM Meth Kit | Vishnu DCI| Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
Robert@vishnu
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette C6 Z06

PWM

Quote:

Let me start off by saying this is the best single investment I've ever put on a car.

I've been involved with building cars for about 10 years. I have a 350HP CJ5 Jeep, I had a 610HP diesel truck, a 350HP Audi 1.8T, and now I have a 450-460HP BMW. So I'd like to think I've got a decent idea on what it takes to make a car move.

So here's the breakdown of how the power feels in my best try at describing it. You step on the gas in M2(cant do it in M1 unless you want to get your AWD sideways), and then you watch the Meth light turn on. Then about 250rpm later boost kicks in and the hand of God, pushes your car at such an incredible rate, that you actually get scared to continue. But you are like "screw it, lets go into 3rd" Then the best part happens, God is still there, pushing your car, you have no heat soak, you continue to haul a**. You no longer feel the weight of your car, you just feel the power pushing you faster than your body can really realize the power. Its difficult to describe. The amount of torque this thing has when you drop it to the next gear is insane. It blows by 120MPH without thinking twice.Its just perfect. It's crazy to think that all I needed was a DCI, a tune, and a meth kit to make 410HP to the wheels(if i had a rwd, I'm AWD) is amazing. I mean, this is easily the cleanest, safest, smoothest, most powerful HP/Dollar that you can buy.

This is the cleanest install, the smoothest tune, and the most engineered system I have ever put into a car, period. The car feels/runs/moves etc. like this is the way it came from the factory. No hiccups, no funky throttle maps, no jarring boost. Its literally perfect. Flawless. In all throttle positions the car is completely predictable. It is a seamless transition between when the meth is off, and the meth turns on. No odd power surges, no stuttering, just perfect transition.

Here's the coolest part, my car has 120k miles, and you wouldn't even know when you pushed the throttle down. Tranny shifts better than it did with the factory tune, and it runs smoother than it did before.

So just to verify how incredible this transformation was, I'm definitely going to be heading to an AWD dyno to see what the Stock vs. Tune vs. Meth tune puts down to the wheels. Its a mustang dyno in my local area, so the numbers it shows aren't as big as a dynoject, but It'll give me a good idea. After that, I'm probably going to go to the drag strips to see what kind of #'s I can get. I don't think getting into the 12's will be difficult after feeling that oomph.

Just thought I'd share. I'm going now, I have to go drive some more.

If you are on the fence about tune/meth, all I can say is you WILL NOT be dissapointed. The setup is worth every penny. TAKE THE PLUNGE. There isn't a single bad thing/regret I have.

Chris

Hey Chris, I am glad you are having a great time with the kit and like I said before I will give you a AWD burnout!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
There is a lot of guys including myself who prefer sticking with stock DP's. The Intake/tune/Meth combo is the highest HP/dollar and the easiest install/uninstall for any dealer visits. I do understand those points about DP but its really not for everyone.
I like what Jeff said. DP is not for everyone because your exhaust will for sure get louder even with secondary cats installed. Procede/Intake/PWM Meth kit is almost a unbeatable package for the $$. A FBO car without meth will not even keep up with this power output. DP takes a long time to install/uninstall even with a lift or even if you have done it a couple times. For those that have done it many times you know what I mean. If people are worry about theirs cats I am sure you can buy many perfect condition ones if your stock DP wears out due to increase boost and heat. The completely stock exhaust setup with Procede/Intake/PWM Meth setup is the ultimate sleeper!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 06:30 PM   #15
Chefcg1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

I do complete removal of dp's, procede, old style meth kit & injen intake in under 2 hours on jack stands. I've done it so many times now i can do it in my sleep.
2008 335i coupe AW 6AT, RB Turbos, PROcede 2.5 V5, Alpina Flash, Injen Intake, VK MW DP . Helix IC, Vishnu PnP Meth(M10 nozzel), M3 sides, OEM Aero Lip, VMR V710 Midnight Blue, LUX H8, HID Fogs, M3 front bits, D2 Coilovers, Whiteline Rear Bushing inserts, Custom M3 Steering Wheel, Cyba scoops, M2 Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
ruphianh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefcg1 View Post
I do complete removal of dp's, procede, old style meth kit & injen intake in under 2 hours on jack stands. I've done it so many times now i can do it in my sleep.
Wow. DPs with jackstands is pretty impressive. If I get dps I know who to call to uninstall! you should probably advertise your skills for $$ on the side. No joke.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
I second that... and the FMIC.. both make a big differnce OP....

Love the description ! the Hand of God is exactly that ! It is so great.

I have gone through a 5 gallon drum of meth since mid July ! I just keep my foot into it all the time.... it is so addictive.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
cwn23
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
I second that... and the FMIC.. both make a big differnce OP....

Love the description ! the Hand of God is exactly that ! It is so great.

I have gone through a 5 gallon drum of meth since mid July ! I just keep my foot into it all the time.... it is so addictive.
You just like to see the hazard light glow steady when meth is spraying! That part when I see it gets my adrenaline pumping big time
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #19
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefcg1 View Post
I'd pay money to see that Better yet, I'll pay you to throw on my DP's. Cause shops still take 2-3 hours just for those!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #20
statelax3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GTS

jeff, have you ever run a 1/4, 1/8th, or 0-60 in your car? i have seen the dyno numbers and want to see these to finally convince me to run meth.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
I'd pay money to see that Better yet, I'll pay you to throw on my DP's. Cause shops still take 2-3 hours just for those!
Actually, it's possible.

When I was pressed for time when trading in the 135i for my current car, I paid my friend to de-mod my FBO + meth car on his lift, he uninstalled the DPs, FMIC, tune, meth kit, intake, etc etc in about 4 hours and he's never touched this car before.

Took us about 8 hours to re-install because the meth kit required a little custom work and multiple trips to home depot as you well know.
      10-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwn23 View Post
You just like to see the hazard light glow steady when meth is spraying! That part when I see it gets my adrenaline pumping big time
True, as soon as they start to flash, I floor it.... lol..

you notice the car even at part throttle, when meth kicks in (and it does so smootly) the car just loves it and power builds quickly. Then you floor it and just giggle....

Since I have had the LSD and all the rear end work, the car handles the power now - it doesn't spin - except in first. I just got new rear tires and it major difference in traction.

The car just flys.

I can't wait for the aggressive tune to come (ordered a 2.5 upgrade).

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0