E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > **Need Help** - Frustrating FRM Coding Issues

05-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #23
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRik View Post
I would shoot xxxjecxxx2 a message and see what he has to say. I know he pretty much wrote the DIY on coding in the sticky and he also did the same conversion as you on his previous vehicle
Why was he banned? xxxjecxxx was banned. Did he make xxxjecxxx2?
Not sure why he was banned but he did make the 2nd username
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 08:37 AM   #24
MrMCoding
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
1. I'm sure you need some pin changes for this retrofit.

2. I notice your coder actually "write" #0307 to VO? This needs clarification as you should NOT actually write the date change. You just need to simulate it with NCSExpert - in effecting tricking NCSExpert into allowing you NFRM coding options...
Hi Sensible, I have read many many many posts and I see your name quiet a bit (as well as few others) when searching about lci retrofits and coding etc.

Wondering if you could help me

long story short I have an e92 xenon Pre- lci. Done a front xenon lci retrofit (possibly AHL but i have no clue!). Upgrade frm1 to frm3 max brose.

Done the whole winkfp vin change
matched in inpa
done the cas and frm final touches

AE works fine (was flickering before with old frm) but NOW only my indicators flicker! i have carly aswell and have turned off ALL the voltage checks so i get NO errors but the indicators still flicker.

so:
1) how can i stop the indicators from flickering
2) I think i did FA write to the CAS instead of simulate but i cant remeber. No idea how to even 'simulate' it.

I am a a beginner when it comes to coding but i believe i followed the tutorial quiet well despite taking 5x longer

Your help and anyone else's would be much appreciated

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 06:51 AM   #25
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMCoding View Post
Hi Sensible, I have read many many many posts and I see your name quiet a bit (as well as few others) when searching about lci retrofits and coding etc.

long story short I have an e92 xenon Pre- lci. Done a front xenon lci retrofit (possibly AHL but i have no clue!). Upgrade frm1 to frm3 max brose.

matched in inpa

AE works fine (was flickering before with old frm) but NOW only my indicators flicker! i have carly aswell and have turned off ALL the voltage checks so i get NO errors but the indicators still flicker.

so:
2) I think i did FA write to the CAS instead of simulate but i cant remeber. No idea how to even 'simulate' it.

I am a a beginner when it comes to coding but i believe i followed the tutorial quiet well despite taking 5x longer

Thanks!
Have you tried turning off the bulb checks for the turn signals?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 12:46 PM   #26
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMCoding View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
1. I'm sure you need some pin changes for this retrofit.

2. I notice your coder actually "write" #0307 to VO? This needs clarification as you should NOT actually write the date change. You just need to simulate it with NCSExpert - in effecting tricking NCSExpert into allowing you NFRM coding options...

matched in inpa

so:

Thanks!
Did you change the build date as well? List the steps you took to code the frm (only ncs expert).
Appreciate 0