E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > My rather lengthy Dynavin D99 E9X Android review

04-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #23
spmd11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

This is why I'm trying to spare potential Dynavin buyers the pain of buyers remorse. The Dynavin is junk. Be forewarned. I bought one too!! and had it taken out of my car at great expense.

Take a look at the new Kenwood DNX line.. they are fantastic. I put the DNX6990HD in my car and it has exceeded all of my expectations.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682366
      04-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #24
abhi193
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Thank you.
I have a 2011 BMW 328i (value package only). I really want to get an in dash unit which offers features like navigation\bluetooth\rear view camera.
I have been doing lot of research over the past few days and from various forums, i closed in on two models. Dynavin D99 and Kenwood DNX6990HD.
Dynavin looks perfect in the car with oem look, but i have seen several bad reviews about installation problems and android problems.

I went to Kenwood webiste and looked at the installation instructions for 6990.It sas to install this unit --
*Permanent modifications to the factory radio/heater controls are required in order to install this Crutchfield kit.
*If the factory radio is replaced, the factory AUX input connection will be lost.
*Kit cannot be used if the vehicle is equipped with heated seats
*You will need to run a wire from the radio location to your vehicle's fusebox for a source of accessory power.

Are these major problems??? my car is still under factory warranty, so i dont want the installation to disturb to my factory unit.

Can you also post the pics of your car with kenwood unit.

please provide feedback about installation, performance.
It would be really helpful to me to take a decision.

Also, i live in San Diego. Any recommendation of good installation shops??

Please please please help..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
dennis11bmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i E90

Thumbs down Dynavin vs. Kenwood

OK. I have the Dynavin, and have read all of the forums, even solved some of the common problems. Worst $800 I have ever spent. Now I'm worried about selling my 2006 325i with the Dynavin installed because the Dynavin is so crappy. All it is really good for is a radio and even that is debateable. Unfortunately my wife threw out the original BMW parts taken out to install the Dynavin when cleaning out the garage. Either keep your original BMW radio installed or get the Kenwood, pure and simple. The Dynavin is a real PofS (no translation needed). If you are a real idiot and want to look stupid, buy the Dynavin. Your wife will be more than happy to constantly b***tch about the choice. I can guarantee that she will never see the Dynavin as a smart move...Of course, if you are not married, maybe your friends will be a little more forgiving (LOL).
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #26
indiandevil
Rep
Drives: BMW 325XI

dynavin unit

i have had the unit for some time. it gets some time to getting used to.
the navigon navigation works awesome on this unit. just that i got to make sure that my phone has wifi tether on BEFORE i start the car otherwise it will take a few more clicks to get it working. pandora works good. even for that matter netflix ! spotify.. too. selling the unit, as i am selling the car. the buyer does not want this unit. those who are technically inclined love this unit, other do not !
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
indiandevil
Rep
Drives: BMW 325XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi193 View Post
Thank you.
I have a 2011 BMW 328i (value package only). I really want to get an in dash unit which offers features like navigation\bluetooth\rear view camera.
I have been doing lot of research over the past few days and from various forums, i closed in on two models. Dynavin D99 and Kenwood DNX6990HD.
Dynavin looks perfect in the car with oem look, but i have seen several bad reviews about installation problems and android problems.

I went to Kenwood webiste and looked at the installation instructions for 6990.It sas to install this unit --
*Permanent modifications to the factory radio/heater controls are required in order to install this Crutchfield kit.
*If the factory radio is replaced, the factory AUX input connection will be lost.
*Kit cannot be used if the vehicle is equipped with heated seats
*You will need to run a wire from the radio location to your vehicle's fusebox for a source of accessory power.

Are these major problems??? my car is still under factory warranty, so i dont want the installation to disturb to my factory unit.

Can you also post the pics of your car with kenwood unit.

please provide feedback about installation, performance.
It would be really helpful to me to take a decision.

Also, i live in San Diego. Any recommendation of good installation shops??

Please please please help..

any changes you make to the car will make it look different, not necessarily better. did you see the pics of the kenwood install !! yuk. atleast dynavin looks like its fitted for the car. enjoy your stock car while in warranty as it is. get a phone ac mount for gps. any modification you do will not be perfect in perfect sense as you compromise on looks, build quality etc etc and then one gets bored of whatever is installed.
Appreciate 0