E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: trunk mount meth kit Install

03-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
4doorbmwpower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i

DIY: trunk mount meth kit Install

This particular Kit is the BMS 2.3 gal trunk mount. the kit has a DIY for things like FSB installation and how to wire things so I left most of that out.

Step 1 run lines i found that it makes things easier to tape your power wire to the meth line (as shown in step 7) take the plastic panel above amplifier off. (left side of trunk) find bundle of wires leading from there to front of car, this is what you will follow all the way to the firewall.

Step 2, remove seat back and seat bottom (makes so much easier and its quite easy) if you need a DIY on how to remove your seats i found a few on here and n54tech. push line and power wire up to the rear seats

Step 3, follow picures to coax the line to following the wired bundle as pictured in following steps.

Step 4, continue remove trim and follow that wire bundle and secure every so often lightly with zip ties (light so later you can pull tubing from engine bay if you run out.)

Step 5, Follow that method all the way to the pedal area where after the removal of 3 torx screws you can pull the plastic cover off. once there run the lines up the left side of footrest area and to the center rubber grommet where the steering column goes through to the engine bay. Push thru this rubber piece so that you now have your lines in engine bay. Adjust slack line as necessary so that you only have about a foot of wire and tubing left in the trunk.

Step 6, secure solenoid where ever you may so please, for simplicity sake this is the method I went with after cowl is re-installed it hides up under it nicely as well as hides the lines/wires in later steps.

Step 7, if you are running dual nozzles and require a split this is where i put mine.

Step 8, This section implies that you have already installed the FSB inside your DME area utilizing already made DIY's (not trying to re-invent the wheel) I ran my wires out of the black grommet in the ecu and through the small black grommet shown in picture then grounded FSB to the shock tower (as shown) and wrapped the wires in loom and followed the strut brace bars under side to have a clean install and hide lines again using small zip ties to secure to set locations.

Final step will be to hook up your nozzles connect up all your lines and dont forget to put your tank in the trunk (i grounded my pump down to a bracket under the amplifier and bolted the tank to that plastic cover). Then fill with meth prime the kit and check your meth flow rate make sure its flowing right and enjoy the fact that you saved anywhere between 300-600 dollars in labor for a shop to do this (i have seen all kinda quotes).

cp-e GTX3071R TT kit, cp-e quad exhaust, cp-e fuelbar, Stage 3 LPFP+lines, AEM EFI, Custom Meth kit, Apex EC7 18s w/R888 295s, Stoptech, M3 front, m-sport rear, cp-e difuser, Custom Headlights, CFS Radiator, Custom OC, 1000hp Lvl10 trans, DSS Axles, MFactory LSD, DEFIV lockdown kit, M3 refresh kit, KWv2's, cp-e project "4doorbmwpower"

Last edited by 4doorbmwpower; 03-29-2013 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too slow.

Good write up but I would definitely route the meth line outside of the cabin. Meth has no color in it so if there is a leak, it'll be bad if it is inside the cabin.
      03-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
4doorbmwpower
Captain
United_States
Rep

the most prefered method from terry is to route inside as opposed to outside. and you should never have a leak except where there is a connection and there are 0 breaks in the line from the PUMP in the trunk allllll the way up to the solenoid so if there IS a leak it will be outside the cab! but thank you good sir i took it into consideration.
cp-e GTX3071R TT kit, cp-e quad exhaust, cp-e fuelbar, Stage 3 LPFP+lines, AEM EFI, Custom Meth kit, Apex EC7 18s w/R888 295s, Stoptech, M3 front, m-sport rear, cp-e difuser, Custom Headlights, CFS Radiator, Custom OC, 1000hp Lvl10 trans, DSS Axles, MFactory LSD, DEFIV lockdown kit, M3 refresh kit, KWv2's, cp-e project "4doorbmwpower"
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
jrsniper12453
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Is there a secret to getting through the rubber around the steering column? I've been at it an hour
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
4doorbmwpower
Captain
United_States
Rep

you have a 2007? specificaly what i did was too my hands and lifted up on the bottom part of the grommet and went under in because you cant go thru it unless you bore it out and I wasnt about to do that. hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #6
4doorbmwpower
Captain
United_States
Rep

push your finger thru till the rubber bends in then use your other hand to hold it open enough to push the hose thru. then push it up for a good 8 inches and grab it from the other side and pull
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #7
marketmaster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335

sorry to bump a rather old thread. I had a question about your tank in the trunk. I tried to install mine like you have yours but I was worried about the hose and how tight it was and putting a lot of pressure on the output of the pump. Did you have any problems?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
4doorbmwpower
Captain
United_States
Rep

no problems man
Appreciate 0